Replies: 26973 (Who?), Viewed: 753600 times.
Page 1055 of 1079
Mad Poster
#26351 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 12:44 PM
can't find cheat to enable collections in college...

Namaste... or "go"
Instructor
#26352 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 3:03 PM
I found a cheat that enables build tools in dorms; boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled true. But I'm not sure about a cheat for collections.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#26353 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalFlame360
I found a cheat that enables build tools in dorms; boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled true. But I'm not sure about a cheat for collections.

It's only disabled in DORMS; frustrating.

Namaste... or "go"
Lab Assistant
#26354 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 9:34 PM
I don't know if this has been looked into before, but I am just curious, how is a sim's "favourite food" determined? Is it just random?

I also had a question about something else frivolous like that, but I completely forgot
Instructor
#26355 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 9:46 PM
I thought sims just chose a favourite food after eating something for the first time... I actually haven't thought much about it, but it is interesting.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#26356 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 10:06 PM
Default A pregnancy test for Gloria?
After Gloria and Garry had woohoo in their love tub, I heard what sounded very like a lullaby. I don't have ACR or any sort of risky woohoo, but it is possible that I accidentally clicked on "Try for Baby" instead of "Woohoo". If this is a baby on the way, then it's totally unplanned and not all that convenient. Gloria was planning on concentrating on her career and her love life. It will be hard to fit a crib and a changing table into the little house. It's quite full now that Garry and Julian have moved in. Is there any way she can get a pregnancy test, even though it's three in the morning. It's Saturday morning too, and the Veronaville All Stars are playing at home. She really shouldn't play if she's pregnant, but she'd be letting the team down. Oh! What is she to do?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#26357 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 10:58 PM
Shaklin's medicine cabinet, Insimenator or the Sim Blender could tell you, @AndrewGloria .
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26358 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
It's only disabled in DORMS; frustrating.

The dorm on cheat does work to show collections, just click another area first after putting in the cheat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26359 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 1:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Shaklin's medicine cabinet, Insimenator or the Sim Blender could tell you, @ AndrewGloria .
Thanks simsample. But before you posted I searched on Google and found this pregnancy test by Gwenke. Well, Gloria bought the test kit (it cost her §50) got out of bed and used it, and it came back with a negative result. So it looks like Andrew isn't about to get a baby brother or sister.

But that did sound very like a lullaby to me! So, might that test result be a false negative? Well, we'll see how Gloria feels in the morning. If she starts to feel sick, we might reassess the situation. We'll keep y'all in the loop.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#26360 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 1:58 AM
How can I stop vacation wants? I don't add vacation hoods hardly ever anymore, so the wants to go on vacation are just taking up want slots.
Mad Poster
#26361 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 3:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
The dorm on cheat does work to show collections, just click another area first after putting in the cheat.

==
You imply there IS a cheat..what IS that cheat? And what do you mean "click another area"?

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#26362 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 3:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASnarl
How can I stop vacation wants? I don't add vacation hoods hardly ever anymore, so the wants to go on vacation are just taking up want slots.

YES! And and wants/disappointments when about college (I know there are mods to make them not have a fit about not going, but I think the WANT still happens.

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#26363 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 6:14 AM
Quote:

https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...-want-disablers
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26364 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 6:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
==
You imply there IS a cheat..what IS that cheat? And what do you mean "click another area"?

boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false is the cheat. I have it in my user startup cheat as 'dorm on'
Once you have put in the cheat, the collection will still be greyed out until you click another area in the catalogue: eg flooring, or whatever area is showing as being available it doesn't matter what just another area in the catalogue, then collections will become available. Type it again but with true to turn it off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#26365 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks simsample. But before you posted I searched on Google and found this pregnancy test by Gwenke. Well, Gloria bought the test kit (it cost her §50) got out of bed and used it, and it came back with a negative result. So it looks like Andrew isn't about to get a baby brother or sister.

But that did sound very like a lullaby to me! So, might that test result be a false negative? Well, we'll see how Gloria feels in the morning. If she starts to feel sick, we might reassess the situation. We'll keep y'all in the loop.
Oh, I didn't know about that one! I downloaded that too, very useful. I'm glad Gloria hasn't had her plans thwarted, you could possibly get her some birth control- Inteen had birth control, or if you have a risky woohoo mod you could set it to no risk. I think if I remember that ACR has a morning after pill but I can't say I tried it, and I never used Insim much but that may have had pregnancy controls too.
Mad Poster
#26366 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false is the cheat. I have it in my user startup cheat as 'dorm on'
Once you have put in the cheat, the collection will still be greyed out until you click another area in the catalogue: eg flooring, or whatever area is showing as being available it doesn't matter what just another area in the catalogue, then collections will become available. Type it again but with true to turn it off.

===
Thanks, I'll try that.
And Annaminna: thanks for the link

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#26367 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 10:29 PM
If you play the Tinker family, do you have them buy a community lot toy store or do a home business one?

They can't afford a community lot when you first load them, but they've got that shelf in by the toy-making bench.

Does it say in any wiki anywhere what the intended plan for them was?
Mad Poster
#26368 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 11:26 PM
I have a very serious question: if someone posts a mod, but somehow one's name and a post appear in the attached thread, how does that happen? I saw that I posted in a thread about Uni majors being made better suited to jobs, and I did not post today. I was not on the site until this evening, like right now.

In case you're wondering, it's about the mod for "Uni majors being made more relevant." I was listed as posting today. There's something going on here.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Field Researcher
#26369 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 11:34 PM
The one thing I notice is that you don't have an avatar there, but you do here. Idk if that matters at all. Clicking it goes to your account.
Mad Poster
#26370 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 12:07 AM
Quote:
The one thing I notice is that you don't have an avatar there, but you do here. Idk if that matters at all. Clicking it goes to your account.

That's unusual. But I did not post in that thread today. I do however remember possibly posting in a similar thread a few years ago, and that's what's bugging me. Where did this come from?

My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#26371 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 12:18 AM
That's strange Fran- is it possible that someone else in your house is using your account? I would post in the site issues forum, and also change your password. Also, do you have a carbon monoxide alarm?
Top Secret Researcher
#26372 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 12:57 AM
Quote:

That's normal, actually, avatars don't seem to show up on thanks posts.
Mad Poster
#26373 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
That's strange Fran- is it possible that someone else in your house is using your account? I would post in the site issues forum, and also change your password. Also, do you have a carbon monoxide alarm?

First of all: I'm alone. If you'd been reading along, I lost my husband in 2019.
Second, I don't see whether or not having a carbon dioxide alarm is going to address someone else posting under my name in this forum because I don't have bad memory issues stemming from CO2 poisoning, which is not something I have.

Any other questions you have? BTW, I was up at about 5 o'clock this morning, went to work at 6:45 to work from 7:45 to 3 pm, and didn't get home until 4 pm, then went to take a nap. Seems to me that leaves very little time to go about posting in a thread I hadn't seen before tonight. Especially since I hadn't posted for 4 days before hand.

Since everyone has become convinced that I've lost my marbles, go ahead and speculate all you want. But I know what I know, and there's little that I can do to convince everyone that I'm not insane.

Alchemist
#26374 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 3:19 AM
Quote:
If you play the Tinker family, do you have them buy a community lot toy store or do a home business one?

My Tinkers bought the toy store in Bluewater Village. I don't remember how they afforded it, but they probably took out a mortgage via the loan jar.
Mad Poster
#26375 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 1st Mar 2021 at 4:27 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
First of all: I'm alone. If you'd been reading along, I lost my husband in 2019.
Second, I don't see whether or not having a carbon dioxide alarm is going to address someone else posting under my name in this forum because I don't have bad memory issues stemming from CO2 poisoning, which is not something I have.

Any other questions you have? BTW, I was up at about 5 o'clock this morning, went to work at 6:45 to work from 7:45 to 3 pm, and didn't get home until 4 pm, then went to take a nap. Seems to me that leaves very little time to go about posting in a thread I hadn't seen before tonight. Especially since I hadn't posted for 4 days before hand.

Since everyone has become convinced that I've lost my marbles, go ahead and speculate all you want. But I know what I know, and there's little that I can do to convince everyone that I'm not insane.

This mod post is strange by itself. It shows posted yesterday and updated a month ago. Do we have time machine here? Maybe you commented a month ago and time machine turned all in yesterday.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
1st Mar 2021 at 6:21 AM
This message has been deleted by ClaudetteCorleone. Reason: Fixed :-)
Page 1055 of 1079