Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26376 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
First of all: I'm alone. If you'd been reading along, I lost my husband in 2019.
Second, I don't see whether or not having a carbon dioxide alarm is going to address someone else posting under my name in this forum because I don't have bad memory issues stemming from CO2 poisoning, which is not something I have.

Any other questions you have? BTW, I was up at about 5 o'clock this morning, went to work at 6:45 to work from 7:45 to 3 pm, and didn't get home until 4 pm, then went to take a nap. Seems to me that leaves very little time to go about posting in a thread I hadn't seen before tonight. Especially since I hadn't posted for 4 days before hand.

Since everyone has become convinced that I've lost my marbles, go ahead and speculate all you want. But I know what I know, and there's little that I can do to convince everyone that I'm not insane.

I would be more concerned about/ more likely to think that someone remotely hacked into your computer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#26377 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 1st Mar 2021 at 6:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would be more concerned about/ more likely to think that someone remotely hacked into your computer.

Weird. My first worry would be hacking too - not necessarily the pc, but the account.

On the other hand (taking the time thing mentioned above into account) - the creator may simply have been told to make some changes by a moderator - in which case, I presume, the post would appear back on the uploads after required changes were made?

I would simply ask Site Issues.

Hope it is solved soon.
Inventor
#26378 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 7:03 AM Last edited by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK : 1st Mar 2021 at 7:55 AM.
^ Commenting on all the above strangeness , the little boxes that show how many peeps are viewing the wcif sections, help and general are showing incredibly high online rates. Usually I'd see 70-100 in the Sims 2 section, I just saw 435 listed, 14 are viewing this thread as I post. Bots, spammers... whatever. Just a heads up to members and staff. Sumthin' stinks.

ETA 822 supposedly viewing Sims 3 section @Tashiketh

ETA ...as I edit this again , this entire thread ( And I'm not sure how many others) don't even show on the general board. Sorry to be annoying , but I love this site and the peeps here. Hate like hell to see it damaged.
Screenshots

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26379 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 10:44 AM Last edited by simsample : 1st Mar 2021 at 10:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Since everyone has become convinced that I've lost my marbles, go ahead and speculate all you want. But I know what I know, and there's little that I can do to convince everyone that I'm not insane.
I apologise Fran- I did not mean to insult you, I was just going over the most likely causes, and then the CO2 comment was partly lighthearted, but also something that really happened and is quite possible. You wouldn't realise it's happening either. It looks likely that the post in question has the wrong date stamp on it though, posting in Site issues would alert the mods to look into it.
Mad Poster
#26380 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 12:19 PM Last edited by FranH : 1st Mar 2021 at 12:34 PM.
Just to be precise, (and this will be my last comment on this issue)-I just checked my downloads folder.

I downloaded and installed the said mod back in 2017.

Sorry to go off on you, SimSample.

I will report it on Site issues.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#26381 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:22 PM
I hope it gets resolved.

I think a whole lot of people are going off lately, or else if they aren't they need to.

Half the time when my mom tries to talk to me lately I've been going "shut up shut up I don't care stop talking shut up" in my head
(and I love my mom!)
Test Subject
#26382 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:26 PM
Random question: Has anyone ever SAFELY (following Mootilda's tutorial here on MTS) deleted a considerable number of townies? My save is reaching 1200 character files while total number of sims I actually play amounts only to 142. The rest are townies, some of them of course are important, but a large majority is simply unnecessary and I am worried that the number of extra sims might begin slowing down the game once I get into further generations (still on gen 1 lol). I have also considered moving the main families into a fresh save, as a last resort if my current neighbourhood does turn into the big fiery ball visible from space. I do have notownieregen, etc. Not sure how I got to that number, perhaps because I am playing a megahood. Thanks
Instructor
#26383 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:34 PM
I never tried, but if it were me I would do what you said about moving the main families to a new save.

That's what I did when I decided a few years ago I hated Belladonna Cove and wanted to make a custom hood that only had my family(s). Just make sure if you do it that way that you clone their appearance in simpe, not just putting them in the bin.

But I think if you're considering the 'safe' deleting sims method, you probably already know what you should and shouldn't do.

My megahood (creatively named Megahood 2.0) with meetme's clean templates plus all the noregen mods is at 621 character files, but that may be because I haven't even made it through one full rotation yet. Finally just getting to the Riverblossom Hills families today.
Instructor
#26384 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:39 PM
I've got a question.

How come there's achievements for uploading clothes, hair, houses, mods, etc but not one for accessories? I was so excited when I got the warp core star trek one for my mod upload, and then I got absolutely nothing for my bandana accessory yesterday
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#26385 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:31 PM
Scholar
#26386 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:37 PM
Anyone know much about the 3t2 traits? I have the randomizer, but I can’t figure out how to pick specific traits. I tried playing pleasantview with random traits, but Don got “socially awkward” and “unflirty” and I just couldn’t ... no.
Alchemist
#26387 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:49 PM
The traits are objects that you can purchase in buy mode (one version puts them in a collection, and in the other version they're in Misc > Misc) then you put them in the Sim's inventory.
Instructor
#26388 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The traits are objects that you can purchase in buy mode (one version puts them in a collection, and in the other version they're in Misc > Misc) then you put them in the Sim's inventory.

Where can I download them? I've heard lots about them and see lots of people using them
Scholar
#26389 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 7:39 PM
anyone know how to reset a hotel/lodging lot after a playthru? Example: Sim family A went on vacation and used this hotel lot. After they left, even in build mode with no sims inside, the state of everything is not reset. Unmovable plates are on the ground, the toilets are still stinky and gross, etc etc. Sim family B comes around for a vacation to live on the same lot, and then game crashes!
Alchemist
#26390 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 8:25 PM
Did you save a copy of the lot? If so I would delete the old one and place a new copy. You can also try Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner.

ETA: Traits Project. Start there; for mods, there's a few different people out there who've made some. Midgethetree, DeeDee, & Jellymeduza, to name a few, and of course Hexagonal-bipyramid.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#26391 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 1st Mar 2021 at 9:51 PM.
So I submitted my Professor sprout sim 2 days ago and it was denied here's why

Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
The moderator moderating this download left some feedback/tips that might be helpful:

They're saying she's not close enough and I need to compare her to a picture/official book representation, which give little to almost no description and everyone has their own interpretation of what the characters from the book should look like so I went with the obvious known descriptions . Also All "Official" images/ references are either the movies or from video games where the characters were modeled from the movies

Quote:
"Professor Sprout was a squat little witch who wore a patched hat over her flyaway hair; there was usually a large amount of earth on her clothes, and her fingernails would have made Aunt Petunia faint."
—A description of Professor Sprout in 1992[src]
Professor Sprout was described as being a squat little witch with short, grey, wavy hair.[8] She usually wore a patched and battered hat.[30] Her clothes were noted to almost always be covered in dirt and earth, and her fingernails were noted to be so filthy they would have made prim and proper Petunia Dursley faint in horror.[30] Sprout also almost always had a smile on her face.[30]
taken directly from the Harry Potter Wikia
No description of here eye color is ever given, and she's only in her nor and actual age which is why I opted for adult instead of elder. So I am confused what they want me to change and just a little bit angry for the slight condescending tone, any suggestions besides just deleting and forgetting about it
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#26392 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 10:16 PM
@Mischief Managed : Didn't you have a similar problem with Professor McGonagall a few weeks ago? I think simsample suggested to take it up in Creator Issues. Was that resolved OK? As you say, she's based on a character in a book, and every reader will see her slightly differently. Perhaps you could make her clothes a little dirtier, and her smile a little broader. I don't know what else to suggest. I've never read the Harry Potter books (nor seen the films for that matter). As you may have seen in the Pet Peeves thread, Charity seems to be having similar problems.

If MTS really won't accept it, upload it somewhere else. I'm sure there are Harry Potter fans who would download her.

I wish they could bring Maxon and Jo back to the moderation queue. I just can't imagine Jo ever being unreasonable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#26393 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 10:23 PM
This is image by J.K.Rowling : https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/h...=20170115144949
In my opinion your professor has too much new and clean hat and clothing what doesn't match description.
Forum Resident
#26394 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
This is image by J.K.Rowling : https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/h...=20170115144949
In my opinion your professor has too much new and clean hat and clothing what doesn't match description.

I'm getting nothing but an image error on that link
Forum Resident
#26395 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@Mischief Managed : Didn't you have a similar problem with Professor McGonagall a few weeks ago? I think simsample suggested to take it up in Creator Issues. Was that resolved OK? As you say, she's based on a character in a book, and every reader will see her slightly differently. Perhaps you could make her clothes a little dirtier, and her smile a little broader. I don't know what else to suggest. I've never read the Harry Potter books (nor seen the films for that matter). As you may have seen in the Pet Peeves thread, Charity seems to be having similar problems.

If MTS really won't accept it, upload it somewhere else. I'm sure there are Harry Potter fans who would download her.

I wish they could bring Maxon and Jo back to the moderation queue. I just can't imagine Jo ever being unreasonable.

Yes that was resolved, and later approved. Exactly, That's my point the books give little or very vague description, so I went with what I could find(I'll agree on the clothes, but I am not skilled in CC making or bodyshop (beyond a basic recolor) and a fellow simmer uploaded a Professor Sprout several years back and their clothes might be better, but I also don't want to be accused of copying or not original enough) I just don't like the insinuation that I didn't do enough research, when I have spent FIVE YEARS working in these (OCD, depression and Hyperfixation do wonders for attention to detail)

Yes I saw, I submitted an account request to simsfileshare 20 minutes ago a bit personal but I only got into simming because of depression and watching sims 2 Harry Potter based videos on YT and so my OCD found something to fixiate on which got worse a few years back, but now I am in a better place IRL and moving on which most likely will include getting rid of my old/current sims 2 compatible PC and however I just don't want to waste years of hard work
Alchemist
#26396 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 11:06 PM Last edited by omglo : 2nd Mar 2021 at 3:15 PM. Reason: removed SFS codes
@Mischief Managed I'm glad to hear that you are in a better place now. if you want, I can send you an invite code to simsfileshare, so you won't have to wait for someone to approve you. I think the best way to get your Sim approved here would be to use the creator issues forum. Nobody but the upload moderator will be able to fully explain what they think the problem is.

ETA: I'm just going to post a couple SFS codes, since IDK when I'll be back to this thread.
Forum Resident
#26397 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
@Mischief Managed I'm glad to hear that you are in a better place now. if you want, I can send you an invite code to simsfileshare, so you won't have to wait for someone to approve you. I think the best way to get your Sim approved here would be to use the creator issues forum. Nobody but the upload moderator will be able to fully explain what they think the problem is.

ETA: I'm just going to post a couple SFS codes, since IDK when I'll be back to this thread.

RUGczn3raQ3DSKKiDpMWz8xVjuN3JqY4

RbFswkx0EOkvksrmyiIZT4GZBsV8THat

Thank you I used one of those codes

I know but it takes forever to get a response in that forum
Instructor
#26398 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:04 AM
It's interesting to hear two people now having issues with the upload moderation.

With my mod the feedback I got was that my original description was far too rambly/wordy with some unnecessary details, and that I should use boldened headers.

And with my bandana, the feedback was just that I needed better, non CAS, non resized screenshots.

Both very easy simple fixes and I had no other trouble.
Forum Resident
#26399 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
It's interesting to hear two people now having issues with the upload moderation.

With my mod the feedback I got was that my original description was far too rambly/wordy with some unnecessary details, and that I should use boldened headers.

That's just ridiculous
Instructor
#26400 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:39 AM
I mean, it was the same feedback I got on just about every essay I wrote when I was in college. So I thought it was funny that I haven't learned
Page 1056 of 1347