Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#21976 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 5:56 PM
If you click 'New Baby' on the tombstone of L and D, will that generate a clone of the sim you clicked it with? The baby generated had the exact same hair and eye colour as my sim and their personality is mostly the same except two differing points in Shy/Outgoing.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#21977 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 7:08 PM
Duvelina, I'm honestly not sure if that option creates a clone or if it is supposed to be random. I am leaning towards clone, but it's been a long time since I messed with the tombstone, tbh.

Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Are there any small beach lots out there? I would love to make a small cottage beach house but the big lots in the game are kind of ruining the small comfy feel to it. I don't like cluttering my lots with too many plants since the game is slow lol.

From my understanding of beach lots, they are so finicky that it doesn't make sense to upload smaller versions--there can be problems if the elevation isn't exactly the same. I think the best practice is to place a beach lot in the spot you want and shrink it yourself with the Lot Adjuster. The Lot Adjuster isn't as scary as I thought to use (I just started using it this past year), so don't be discouraged if you've never used it before. Also, I believe Vimpse goes over using it in the Building A Smaller, Flat Beach Lot tutorial, if you need instructions.

I did want to chime in on the 'how long are your seasons' question, cuz I'm another that plays 7 day seasons. I honestly really love the fact that seasons match up with a whole week and I do play weekly rotations so everything syncs up nicely. This may be a really long rotation for some, but playing a week gives me a good balance or work and personal time with my sims. I get to play a sim's off days, no matter what, and play weekends for the sim kids. I don't always use community lots too often, so playing a week prevent things from feeling like a job or skill grind for me.

I also like longer seasons because I've found that sometimes it takes a bit for the season to get going--especially winter. I can't really explain it, except to say that there's a transition period in between seasons (not all the time, but often enough) so with a shorter season, even just 5 days, I don't get the full effects until 1-2 days left in the season. Like, my lots won't get a really deep snow until a few days into the season. Similarly, Spring rain and thunderstorms often take a few days to show up, and I'm still getting snow or frosted ground halfway into the season. So I like longer seasons because then I feel I'm getting the full weather effects of each season. I'm honestly toying with the idea of making my seasons longer, say 14 days, because I'd like to incorporate seasonal holidays and, since I play 7 day rotations, if I do that right now, that means my sims will have a holiday every single week and I want holidays to be a bit rarer.

The only drawback to 7 day seasons, imo, is that the MTS calendar doesn't sync up properly. One of these days I'll have to open that up and see how easy or hard it'll be to add extra days to that.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#21978 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Don't Compressorize files if you've used SimWardrobe's Categorizer on them.

Also make sure to do any edits you want in SimPE prior to compressorizing (though you can just "fix integrity" then re-compressorize if you have to).

Those two things can lead to game crashes.

I use the Compressorizer from DJS, and I don't think I've ever had issues with game crashes even when doing edits after compressing (I mostly compress items containing meshes and recolors, not mods/hacks). I've never used SimWardrobe's categorizer, though (I do changes manually in SimPE, feeling I've got more control that way).
Scholar
#21979 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 7:56 PM
Ok, I remember this being an issue but I don't remember why or what to do about it. I've downloaded some wall and floor colors but they show up as just grey in game.
Field Researcher
#21980 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
As for editing ACR, well I did it a long time ago, but I'll try to remember the steps, in case you find Hat's explanation unclear.

Thank you for your summary. I've tried following Hat's explanation but I just can't seem to get a grasp on what she's saying regarding the fertility curve and it just makes me go . In that order. I'll give it another shot though (and keep some hard liquor handy just in case ).

Quote: Originally posted by Sapolipinsky
Also, my sims clean up dirty dishes on community lot all the time. I can't remember if I've even seen a townie or other non-controlled visitor cleaning up on comm lots. Is there a mod that will let/make non-played visitors as likely to clean up on comm lots as controlled sims?

The closest thing I've ever seen to this is Midge's Playables Don't Clean Plates On Community Lots .

I also like longer seasons because I've found that sometimes it takes a bit for the season to get going--especially winter.

Same! I play with a mod for more extreme weather (can't remember where I got it from) and I hate that there's only two days max of "bad" weather. If I have to suffer throught it then so should my sims!
Scholar
#21981 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Plants don't usually thrive at a beach anyway - saltwater is harsh.
If you use the smallest game-given beach lots, placed side-by-side with regular sized houses on each of the lots (like 20 square or so houses) and decorate all the grounds with scrubby palms and lots of sand TP, your beach community can look pretty authentic (for Florida anyway... Northern rocky beaches, notsomuch.)

Around here it's dune grass, holly, loblolly pines, beach plums, prickly pears, and the sprawling wild sunflowers. I would love to find some good dune grass and short scrubby trees for my beach lots. In New England, you need a rocky slope covered in briarroses.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#21982 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 10:32 PM

Probably more WCIF, but it does exist, so: https://modthesims.info/d/519753/ne...es-1-month.html. The related seasons and pregnancy edits are also there too.

Thank you! This is the age span I want to use in my early 20th Century 'Hood. It'll help me to do the passage of time things. I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Top Secret Researcher
#21983 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
In Springwater, I had 7-day rotations. I found it hard to manage, so after the Great Crash and starting Oakbrook I switched to three-day rotations.

I don't do rotations based on X number of days, rather I do my rotations based on events in the game like a baby is born or baby becomes a toddler. Also I have a very large number of households in my Überhood, so I divided up my rotation list into sections. I do my rotations in a particular subsection until I send every teen to University and then I play University for a period of time that varies again driven by events, in this case X number of Sims graduate, where X>1 and then I go to the next subsection of my larger rotation list. I like to play with all of the Seasons, but I have a no-snow mod. I do sometimes change the Season to something else, it depends on what season it is and what household I am playing, usually I don't change the season.

I do most every thing in my game based on some event or another. I also like to play by Story Lines and the wants of a Sim, I do change their Aspirations though sometimes and I have a system where I base their Aspiration on their personality and their Zodiac Sign. Occaisionally I change their Sign. It all depends on the individual Sim and the Story Line I have for them if I have a specific story developed for them. I don't believe in restricting my game play by too many rules.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#21984 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 12:22 AM
My rotations are based off of birth order. I have a master list showing the order of everyone BIG. I play households to keep their aging up in relative order. Then I have the flexibility to chose the households I want to play instead of feeling obligated to do specific households because of "the order". It's not an exact science, but then I don't feel like it's a chore.

So I could play a household for a week (elders, single people, childless couples, families with no one aging up anytime soon), or I could play for literally a day like I did just now where the toddler aged to child, but tomorrow, her older brother is going to age up to a teen, but I have other children who need to age to teen before him.
Mad Poster
#21985 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
The closest thing I've ever seen to this is Midge's Playables Don't Clean Plates On Community Lots .

There's also Cleaning Mod by simler90, which adds some logic and sanity to when and where and who can clean things, especially dishes since the game code was apparently especially broken for them.

Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
I play with a mod for more extreme weather (can't remember where I got it from)

I use ExtremeTempsForWinterSummer (as well as More Snow During Winter) by crumplebottom_marky4444.
Scholar
#21986 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:19 AM
@Rosawyn do find that your sims pass out or freeze more often using that extreme temp mod? Just curious.

*sigh* I've got an issue with an invisable hot tub on a lot. It was a date gift but the porch was too small, so now the game thinks there's a hot tub on the lot but it can't be viewed. It's annoying as Sims keep trying to use it only to complain to me that they can't. I've done some preliminary experimenting on trying to find it in order to burniate it without any luck at all. Any suggestions from anyone?
Mad Poster
#21987 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:23 AM
I tried both mods about a month ago. Cleaning mod and Midge's. My sims still cleaned plates at community lots. The only one mod what worked was Squinge's no autonomous do dishes community lot version. But it stopped waiter's work too.

Clashfan, try him move out and back in. If there is something, it will be sold.
Scholar
#21988 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:31 AM
What do you guys do with townies? Do you keep them around for Sims to marry or whatever, even if they've been around for a long time? What do you do with Nanny NPCs? Do you "say goodbye" to them after a while or do you let them live forever? Curiosity, is all. I love reading about others' games, it kinda influences my own. Especially trying new things. :D
Scholar
#21989 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:36 AM
What happens with the college cinematic if the teen in question doesn't have any relatives at all?
Mad Poster
#21990 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Rosawyn do find that your sims pass out or freeze more often using that extreme temp mod? Just curious.

Passing out from the heat, yes for sure. It's still not a very often thing but I'd never seen it before installing the mod. Still haven't seen anyone actually freeze, though, but maybe I baby my sims (including visitors) more in cold temperatures. I move "sticky" objects like bubble blowers and chess tables indoors or lock them behind gates so they're inaccessible. I don't think sims can freeze while in hot tubs, but I also use Cyjon's Hot Tub Exit Logic (and Hot Tub Entry Logic) and Self Preservation, which probably all help keep sims alive in general.
Instructor
#21991 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
What happens with the college cinematic if the teen in question doesn't have any relatives at all?

As far as I remember, the sim is alone in front of the dorm and ages up in his/her own.

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#21992 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:47 AM
With the college cinematic, in case anyone hasn't heard of it, I recommend kestrellyn's Smarter choice of parent for entering college cinematic for greater logic and sanity.
Mad Poster
#21993 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
As far as I remember, the sim is alone in front of the dorm and ages up in his/her own.

Alexander Goth is a special case, though. If Mortimer passes before he heads off to college, Bella Goth will suddenly appear to drop him off, despite having an I Am Dead token.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#21994 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 2:12 AM
@Fryen5 NPC's like Nanny's, waiters, maids and so forth are like objects to me. I use them but I never change them out, I simply don't want the extra character files and my Sims interact with them as little as possible. In my new hood I've made all the townies so my playables definitely interact with them to date and marry and so forth. The ones that hang around for a while I will eventually age up until they go to the big Sim graveyard in town. I'm quite a ways away from that though as I'm barely 2nd gen in to my new hood.
Scholar
#21995 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Clashfan, try him move out and back in. If there is something, it will be sold.

Yikes...just had to be the richest Sims in my hood this happened to didn't it? The one with the big house and lot's of crap.
Mad Poster
#21996 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 2:15 AM
You can stick everything in their inventory. It'll be a pain redecorating though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#21997 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 2:46 AM
There is mod somewhere what lets sims leave outing rewards at mailbox.
Scholar
#21998 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
There is mod somewhere what lets sims leave outing rewards at mailbox.

Really? Well I'll be on the look out for that one. Thanks! :D
Mad Poster
#21999 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Really? Well I'll be on the look out for that one. Thanks! :D

It's here: http://cyjon.net/node/93
Mad Poster
#22000 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 3:18 AM
I know I'm a bit late replying to this.
Quote: Originally posted by Sapolipinsky
Also, my sims clean up dirty dishes on community lot all the time. I can't remember if I've even seen a townie or other non-controlled visitor cleaning up on comm lots. Is there a mod that will let/make non-played visitors as likely to clean up on comm lots as controlled sims?

You might like Sophie-David's dishwashers. These are modded objects that will spawn a restaurant server to do various cleaning chores on any lot. I only use them on community lots in my game. Since these use waiters/waitresses, you'll need Nightlife or later. Otherwise, you only get a nice dishwasher that will never break.

Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker
http://www.modthesims.info/d/422286...dirty-lots.html

Economy Maintenance Free Dishwasher - cheaper dishwasher whose worker doesn't appear as often
http://www.modthesims.info/d/426531...-recolours.html
Page 880 of 1347