Replies: 1131 (Who?), Viewed: 109978 times.
Page 46 of 46
Mad Poster
#1126 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 28th Feb 2021 at 10:18 PM.
Don't be too quick to assume that a wedding jealousy fight disaster will kill any relationships. Once sims are BFF they're nearly impossible to split up perpermantly. Some relationships need a little more work, that's all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#1127 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 4:12 PM
Agree with sugoisama (drama for the win! ) but if I didn't happen to want that and I absolutely wanted Don there, I'd make him selectable with mods and keep an eye on him. Maybe even turn free will off if things were getting out of hand.

Nowadays I also have Drop Old Loves, so that when sims get married, their other crush/love flags are removed, so that's another option. Can't remember if it's one-sided, though, and only removes flags on the side of the sim getting married.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#1128 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 12:05 PM
I want to start a new custom integrated hood with a kind of extreme BACC twist. Sims will start with absolutely nothing but some of the Seasons garden plants and a bunch of things from Sun & Moon sets and build up a civilization literally from scratch.

Ideally I want to have a single founder sim that all future generations are descended from and marry in townies when my sims need spouses. But I’m running into an issue where I can’t come up with a good explanation for why townies would exist in such a remote, undeveloped location.

Some ideas I had are:

1. The sims were abducted by aliens and taken to another planet for observation. But why wouldn’t they all band together when they first met?
2. The sims are the first sims in existence and live a primitive lifestyle with no modern amenities. But again why wouldn’t they band together rather than go it alone?
3. The founder sim has inherited land from a long lost relative and has moved to start a new life there, eventually founding a whole new town. They can only interact with sims they meet on vacation at first to symbolize the long way they have to travel to meet other people. I’d use the Visitor Controller to stop townies from walking by. But then the founder will probably repeatedly end up meeting the Social Bunny. I could use a no Social Bunny mod though, assuming the low social need doesn’t prevent sims from doing other work. Eventually as the town grows it would be more realistic to meet others walking by.

I guess I’m curious if anyone out there had any thoughts or other ideas for a plausible backstory that could explain an empty town with townies.
Instructor
#1129 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 2:55 PM
Genetically engineered sims with no ancestry or free will released from The Factory/put there by The Witch

Not gonna lie, I think townies are things you can't really explain without resorting to "the game has to work" as the excuse
Mad Poster
#1130 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 3:19 PM
They are just sims living nearby (other village). Someone has seen your sim arriving, there were rumours and they were just curious to come and see your sim.
Test Subject
#1131 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 3:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khagen
I want to start a new custom integrated hood with a kind of extreme BACC twist. Sims will start with absolutely nothing but some of the Seasons garden plants and a bunch of things from Sun & Moon sets and build up a civilization literally from scratch.

Ideally I want to have a single founder sim that all future generations are descended from and marry in townies when my sims need spouses. But I’m running into an issue where I can’t come up with a good explanation for why townies would exist in such a remote, undeveloped location.

Some ideas I had are:

1. The sims were abducted by aliens and taken to another planet for observation. But why wouldn’t they all band together when they first met?
2. The sims are the first sims in existence and live a primitive lifestyle with no modern amenities. But again why wouldn’t they band together rather than go it alone?
3. The founder sim has inherited land from a long lost relative and has moved to start a new life there, eventually founding a whole new town. They can only interact with sims they meet on vacation at first to symbolize the long way they have to travel to meet other people. I’d use the Visitor Controller to stop townies from walking by. But then the founder will probably repeatedly end up meeting the Social Bunny. I could use a no Social Bunny mod though, assuming the low social need doesn’t prevent sims from doing other work. Eventually as the town grows it would be more realistic to meet others walking by.

I guess I’m curious if anyone out there had any thoughts or other ideas for a plausible backstory that could explain an empty town with townies.

If your plan is to play this neighborhood as a historical hood, then you could say that your founder has left their tribe and decided to start a new settlement. The townies are nomads, merchants, or maybe the autochthonous people of the region that your sim is colonizing and they live right outside of the hood borders, on mountains or hills if your sim is building a settlement in a valley.
If your BACC is set in modern times, it is quite difficult to think of a scenario... If the hood is tropical, with isles, your founder is an explorer and the townies are indigenous people. This would require making your own townies, or just dressing them appropriately to fit the theme. If the hood is in the desert, I would probably imagine that your sim is starting a new settlement near an oasis and the townies would be inhabitants of a nearby town.
If you want to be more creative, you could think about alien abductions or a reality show like Hunger Games, where people are thrown in a wild environment to see if they manage to survive. This would actually be super cool because you could create "villains" later on, trying to stop the settlement to grow once it becomes indipendent from their creator.

Or maybe your founder is just grumpy.
Top Secret Researcher
#1132 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 5:25 PM
@khagen -I've gotten a BACC started and am playing it as the old west in the 1840's located in Dodge.I started out with only one couple and other couples are slowly arriving to claim homesteads over the next few years with one new couple arriving each year in the spring or even every other year if nobody arrived that spring.I just don't have them taking regular jobs and have them farming or doing vocational work instead as they need a larger population to take jobs.I also limit to buying household objects at the service center to reflect on them having to pick a mail order purchase up at the post office.
Page 46 of 46