Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 7:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default Replacement face mods won't show up
I've checked every FAQ I can find and so far nothing has been able to help me with this. I'm sorry if this is considered too simple a problem to post in the forums, but I really have tried everything I can think of. I just started downloading custom content today, and all of it is working fine with the exception of custom default face replacements. I installed a pack of them and no matter what I do they will not show up, even though custom hair and skin tones are all working.

I have deleted the cache files and thumbnails, made sure I've checked the right boxes in settings, changed the text in my config file, and none of it works. The replacements I installed can be found here. It doesn't seem to me like anyone else is having a problem with these files, so I don't think they're corrupted.

I'm on a Windows 7 computer and I have the Sims 2 Double Deluxe edition (which comes with Nightlife and the entertainment pack).

I'm not really sure what the problem may be. I was wondering if maybe there is something different I need to do for the Double Deluxe edition to get the faces to work? I do not have the cigen.package file, never did. Is there some other file that would mask the mods? I don't think the faces are changing at all though, not just the thumbnails in CAS. I've tried both putting the face mods in a sub-folder and directly into the Downloads folder and SavedSims folder. I actually have not tried a sub-folder within SavedSims (I'll be shocked if it's that simple).

Thoughts? Ideas? Just ask if there is any other information needed. And thanks in advance for any help.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:16 PM
How can you tell that the face templates aren't working? I assume that you know that none of your existing sims will be changed by these templates. Only newly generated sims and CAS templates should be affected.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
How can you tell that the face templates aren't working? I assume that you know that none of your existing sims will be changed by these templates. Only newly generated sims and CAS templates should be affected.

I keep checking it in CAS. The faces aren't changing. I even created new sims and put them on a lot to double check that it wasn't just the CAS thumbnails that weren't changing.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:41 AM
Hi lolAAA