Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 10:14 PM
Default Insimenator under new management!
InSIMenator under new management!!

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=1466833

There is also links to other threads on the main page about a donation drive and refurb of the site. I'm a little weary of this move by Kathy and Eric...
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 1:29 AM
Yeah I posted on the main thread there.... giving me, erm, 2 cents. :P
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:56 AM
looks like its too much for the insim server it went down
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 5:09 AM
It works for me.
I read that Delphy. Would you really take Insim along with MTS2, plus both adult sites?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez1987
It works for me.
I read that Delphy. Would you really take Insim along with MTS2, plus both adult sites?

I'm wondering the same thing! Seems like a lot to have on ones plate!

That poor guy, he just has made a mess of it so far. I hope he knows what he has gotten himself into and takes the advice given to him by Delphy and others.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 2:01 PM
He's obviously a business man- if he has any sense he'll sell it to Delphy and go buy something else!
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:35 PM
i find it rather disturbing that this new fellow hasn't said much of anything since people began going nuts and crying 'foul!' at the whole situation.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 6:05 PM
He's probably cowering in the corner wandering what the heck he's got himself into I don't feel sorry for him at all - he made himself sound like he was in it just for profit and then made it worse by 'clarifying things'
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 6:33 PM
i'm calling too stubborn to see the mistake/accept help and flagging 'crash and burn' in T-Minus 1 week and counting....

it's depressing even as someone who rarely visited...

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 7:01 PM
This is 'Walt's' website- see the name at the bottom:
http://www.dirtcheapadvertising.com...spage/index.asp
There is a link on the menu on the left saying 'We buy websites'.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This is 'Walt's' website- see the name at the bottom:
http://www.dirtcheapadvertising.com...spage/index.asp
There is a link on the menu on the left saying 'We buy websites'.

Wow, that site is just sleazy. wtf Kathy?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:37 AM
Oh no Kathy and Eric, I know you had issues you needed to take care of but damn. Someone you know that could defintely take care of the site (Delphy) and not just use it for profit. He has NO clue about the sims . If this Walt guy wants to do something smart for the site he would stop what he is doing and hand it over for FREE, lol.
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anyerfillag
InSIMenator under new management!!

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=1466833

There is also links to other threads on the main page about a donation drive and refurb of the site. I'm a little weary of this move by Kathy and Eric...

Not getting that thread, or the site to even come up now. (Anyone else having trouble accessing the site?) Anyway, wonder whats going on over there....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:07 PM
I think Pescado killed it!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:09 PM
Someone is claiming they have gone in and taken over - true or not? IDK - but everytime I try to access it, ask.com comes up - which is what happened last summer when WickedNouk got hacked into.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:12 PM
Considering the new owner is not really a tech-savvy guy, the site probably just collapsed under the weight of the drama and he doesn't know how to put it back up. I sincerely doubt it's been hacked or "taken over" by anyone but Walt.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:25 PM
I can see that - it seems to be the drama of the moment in the community. The person who's claiming is certainly capable - but I'd think he'd be laughing himself silly over the drama myself.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:47 PM
Nah, Pescado says he was trying to, ahem 'backup' the site when it collapsed.
Instructor
#19 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:27 PM
hmm simsample, are you accusing Pes of evil deeds? because we all know he's the most lovable,sweet,fluffy, cuddly.....if you really believe it it will come true! i know it will! *tries to to believe everything she's said...fails*

never mind...

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:48 PM
Backing up is NOT evil, I always recommend that everyone backs up in case of disaster!
Instructor
#21 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 4:04 PM
or as in this case, backing up caused disaster :D

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by longdaysend
or as in this case, backing up caused disaster :D

It was a necessary move; rats from a sinking ship and all that! Who knows what the new owner may have planned?
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 5:05 PM
:sadpanda:

Oh man... I always new The Insiminator website had donation prollems to keep the site going, but it still sadens me knowing that the site I once knew is going to change forever.

I liked how Eric an Kathy ran it, and I liked thier downloads section

I'm being too negative, I always have google...

R.I.P. Insiminator

*Deletes it from his bookmarks*

:sadpanda:
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 5:09 PM
Urm, where is the insim going to be from now? And whats going to happen to all the downloads? Will they be back up?

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 5:16 PM
Who knew a sudden change in ownership would cause so much dilemma. And now the site just wont come up at all. :'( Saddens me to see a great website crumble...

Well I still have S2C, Sim-Finity, Sims Contests and Sims2Supernova. So I guess I'm good....
Page 1 of 11