Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#251 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 6:23 AM
Hmm, for some reason it doesn't work for me. It does the same thing the original Insim does.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez1987
Hmm, for some reason it doesn't work for me. It does the same thing the original Insim does.

It's doing the same for me as well now.

I got it to load a few hours ago and it said it was in Maintenance Mode. I hope its only down because its overloaded.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#253 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez1987

*giggles*
It's an excellent clone! Mirrored in every way!

*cough*

I'm sure Pescado will fix it soon enough.
Top Secret Researcher
#254 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I disagree with the entire "greater responsibility and praise" thing. That just results in everyone being promoted to their level of incompetence and getting inflated expectations of treatment which will no longer be forthcoming once they hit their level of underperformance. It is best to simply abuse them and remind them how stupid and incompetent they are regularly. This keeps their expectations lower and so when they get promoted to a job they aren't suited for, the switchover to abuse and calling them incompetent dummies won't seem sudden. Plus, by reminding them that they are inept and stupid, they won't expect promotion anyway, and won't expect to actually KEEP it since you told them the only reason they have the job at all is because you can't find anyone else dumb enough to take it.

Anyway, we're up.
http://www.insimenator.org/

LOL you are really something, aren't you? :D

Dear Pirate,
you do realise you disagree on a sentence I suggested HP to omit completely, don't you? But you wanted to let people know the long version of one of Pescado's laws. Are you aspired to become equally if more famous to Murphy?
#255 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 7:33 PM
Anyway, we're up.

It doesn't work for me, sorry.
Theorist
#256 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 7:53 PM
I disagree with the entire "greater responsibility and praise" thing. That just results in everyone being promoted to their level of incompetence and getting inflated expectations of treatment which will no longer be forthcoming once they hit their level of underperformance. It is best to simply abuse them and remind them how stupid and incompetent they are regularly. This keeps their expectations lower and so when they get promoted to a job they aren't suited for, the switchover to abuse and calling them incompetent dummies won't seem sudden. Plus, by reminding them that they are inept and stupid, they won't expect promotion anyway, and won't expect to actually KEEP it since you told them the only reason they have the job at all is because you can't find anyone else dumb enough to take it....

Well, That may work for YOU.. Because your YOU; Someone who is prominent in the community and generally known for your Behavior.
But for someone New and for someone who is already VERY MUCH disrespected in the community (from Major sites like MTS2, MATY, etc, and also smaller sites about) That tactic is NOT going to work.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#257 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:45 AM
I disagree with the entire "greater responsibility and praise" thing. That just results in everyone being promoted to their level of incompetence and getting inflated expectations of treatment which will no longer be forthcoming once they hit their level of underperformance. It is best to simply abuse them and remind them how stupid and incompetent they are regularly. This keeps their expectations lower and so when they get promoted to a job they aren't suited for, the switchover to abuse and calling them incompetent dummies won't seem sudden. Plus, by reminding them that they are inept and stupid, they won't expect promotion anyway, and won't expect to actually KEEP it since you told them the only reason they have the job at all is because you can't find anyone else dumb enough to take it.

Anyway, we're up.

Why are the threads about Insimenator closed at PMBD and Digital Perversion? It is still not over. Insimenator.org is NOT working right now.
Forum Resident
#258 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:47 AM
Why would we know that Zax? Why don't you ask over at PMBD or Digital Perversion?

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#259 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by photo
Why would we know that Zax? Why don't you ask over at PMBD or Digital Perversion?

Because Pescado comes here as well as on PMBD and Digital Perversion.
I'm just wondering if he's aware that Insimenator.org is not working since he locked both the threads about it on PMBD and Digital Perversion.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#260 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:34 AM
The MATY chat was also not working for quite a while today too - probably just some general issues. I'm sure if stuff isn't working, Pescado will be aware.

Also, something to bear in mind when a brand new website goes up (or when one changes locations) - there's DNS stuff that has to be distributed. Basically, the information that points your computer to the new website doesn't get out there immediately to everyone at the same time - it has to be distributed through the internet to DNS servers, which tell your computer how to get to that new site. It's possible the site may be up for those whose DNS has already propogated, but isn't working for people who haven't gotten the new info yet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#261 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:44 AM
Thanks for the info, HystericalParoxysm. Hopefully, it will be up and running soon.
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 3:06 AM
Yeah, I'm getting an error whenever I try to go to Insimenator.org, too. I also tried the link at PMBD but that didn't work either. It's kinda frustrating- I really hope we don't have this kinda drama when TS3 comes out. =/
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#263 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 10:08 AM
It is working now. Terrorists set fire to a building near one of the servers, apparently, causing it to be down. As the DNS had not mirrored yet, the domain was inaccessible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#264 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:09 PM
Yay it's up and it looks lovely.
Top Secret Researcher
#265 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:17 PM
Splendid work, Pescado. Thank you very much!
#266 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 8:30 PM
It is working now. Terrorists set fire to a building near one of the servers, apparently, causing it to be down. As the DNS had not mirrored yet, the domain was inaccessible.

So what happens if terrorists bomb the server building?
#267 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 3:01 AM
I have to admit, that is really truly amazing. Thanks Pescado.
Test Subject
#268 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 11:07 PM
I just got Sims2 again along with AL. I just want the Insim! Anything similar? I am a very impatient person and I really like the God-like control I had over my sims with the insim.

Visit my Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/monicav1982
PG-13 (with language) site, just to be warned. :)
"Procrastinate Later"
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you "
"Bungee jumping--suicide for the unsure!"
Forum Resident
#269 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 11:08 PM
Monica read the sticky in the WCIF section
Test Subject
#270 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 12:21 AM
Thank you very much.

Visit my Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/monicav1982
PG-13 (with language) site, just to be warned. :)
"Procrastinate Later"
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you "
"Bungee jumping--suicide for the unsure!"
Page 11 of 11