Replies: 789 (Who?), Viewed: 164897 times.
Page 6 of 32
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:20 PM
I prefer the Sims 2 the main reason is the time line in Sims3 is tragic. I played it for 3 straight days, loved the sea fishing and after I got used to it clicking the neighbourhood and a few other bits and pieces, but I was so frustrated at the fact I could not really play more than one household due to the fact other sims were aging, getting fired etc, so frustrating! I also get a bit attached the little guys and found this game just too constrictive, yet it is advertised as “opening the door” for Sims. I found it more like closing it. I think what said it all was after I had returned to the Sims2 a friend came over and grinned and said “Well that’s a first you usually spend weeks playing a new Sim expack, how bad is this new game?”
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:34 PM
Quote:
Does anyone like TS2 better than TS3?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
  • Although that their appearance is probably more realistic, i think in the sims 3 the sims are much 'Robot-like'. it's very difficult for me to become attached to them, i mean, they looks much less human to me, and it's a bummer.
  • The game is sloowwwww at the community areas so it takes out the fun from playing.
  • The genetic system is poor, why the hell when i 'merge' a redheadish and a blondish, the baby turns up as a black with grey stripes headed?!
  • There is no memories .
  • I dont like how the game system.. you know, that you cant just put 20 families in different houses and just play normal :P

enough complaining!
i got to say, beside the 'embrace' action (i was addicted to it XD), and mayyybe the designing system with the patterns, i prefer the sims 2 in a huge lead.

about the traits system, i think it's very nice, but i haven't got the feeling that in the sims 2 they have no personality; i think that the aspirations and the personality components really do the works. in the sims 2 - i have a family related/Charismatic/Childish/Commitment Issues(et cetera..) sims that you have to be blind in order to not to see it XD.

WOW, i really wrote too much O___O.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:00 PM
Oh I forgot the traits thing, I noticed that the neighbourhood was populated with social outcasts, I mean they were all bonkers? Who would want to make a Sim and have him/her get together with one of the EAxis nutters? LOL
Scholar
#129 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 2:55 PM
I was checking out the 'baby & toddler' screenshot threads for Sims 2 vs Sims 3, and I had forgotten how non-cute kids are in TS3.

Sims 2:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...3&goto=lastpost

Sims 3:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...4&goto=lastpost
Scholar
#130 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:22 PM
That first kid in the Sims 3 shots is a bad example...the non-demon possessed kids are okay, but you're right, the Sims 2 kids are cuter.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Scholar
#131 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:26 PM
Oops, that wasn't intentional, I just linked to the last page of each.

Yikes. Chucky.
Scholar
#132 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 11:43 PM
I think he makes Chucky look cuddly....eep!

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 12:44 AM
Personally, I prefer The Sims 2. I am not sure why exactly, but I do.
Test Subject
#134 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 3:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
I can't run TS3, so I prefer the one that actually plays on my computer right now.
The same kind of thing is with me.
Mad Poster
#135 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:34 AM
I was addicted to sims 2 for years and it will always be a kick ass game, but I'm more addicted to sims 3 now. I got it the day it came out, and I can't get enough of it.

I do admit that story progression and town agin is not my thing. I actually play it with awsomemod and have TS2 aging on, so only the house I play will age. I like playing all my families, instead of just seeing them live their own life without me.

I think what prooves the best that in my world the sims 3 is superior is that in sims 2, i never reached the fourth generation in a family (once I might have had a fourth generation born, but never got them past baby, and before switching to sims 3 I had one of my sims pregnant with the fourth generation), usually I either got bored and un-installed, or just restarted. In sims 3, base game only, my fourth generation girl just had her kid birthday.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:25 PM
I've never cared about graphics or anything. I haven't got TS3 'cos my computer has very little memory and I am NOT deleting all my hard work on TS2! Please make more TS2 expansion packs EA!
Alchemist
#137 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma,
I absolutely HATE TS3. It is horrible, the graphics are bad and it runs so slow it's unbelievable. I also hate it that you can't see in the community lots. I spent $80 on that crap so I sold it the day after I got it.

Nothing personal but it sounds like you have a crappy computer
Test Subject
#138 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Nellabella126 : 9th Aug 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennysims
I do.

If I tried to explain why, it would take forever. I just like TS2 better and I actually love it even more now that I've tried to play TS3.

This is me. I don't like hardly anything about TS3. It actually made me miss TS2!!! Good thing I still have TS2 installed.

The rabbitholes what were they thinking.
Scholar
#139 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyinbmore
Nothing personal but it sounds like you have a crappy computer

To be fair, when a lot of people refer to the 'bad graphics' of TS3 I think they're referring to the overall aesthetic. I don't think I've seen anyone try to argue that TS3 is terribly amazing-looking. I guess this is partially due to the lighting but I also can't stand the TS3 aesthetics (see: puddingfaces).

'Slowness' could be due to an older system, yeah, but a lot of people seem to still be having problems with the speed controls.
Test Subject
#140 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:30 PM
I bought the sims 3 after buying a new video card and more ram for my computer and it still runs like absolute [email protected] I have to have the settings on the lowest for it to even run a bit smoother, so i gave up after a few days. Wasted like 500 dollars but whatever. So now i bought the rest of the sims 2 expansion packs because they are so cheap and i still play it all the time. The sims are waaaay more attractive =P. But i kind of wish i could play the sims 3 still
Scholar
#141 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
To be fair, when a lot of people refer to the 'bad graphics' of TS3 I think they're referring to the overall aesthetic. I don't think I've seen anyone try to argue that TS3 is terribly amazing-looking. I guess this is partially due to the lighting but I also can't stand the TS3 aesthetics (see: puddingfaces).

'Slowness' could be due to an older system, yeah, but a lot of people seem to still be having problems with the speed controls.

Without custom skins and hacks the sims 3 sims are dang fugly.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Scholar
#142 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellabella126
The rabbitholes what were they thinking.

They were thinking CASH... expansion pack.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Inventor
#143 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:34 PM
Meh. TS3 is ok but TS2 will always be my fav. Its pretty hard for EAxis to outdo themselves after TS2. I personally have had a hard time getting use to how different everything is in TS3. Not to mention the horrible clay skins, ugh.
Test Subject
#144 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 2:57 PM
Default I prefer Sims 2
I prefer Sims 2, because there is more to do, and you cant get bored

Sims 2
Scholar
#145 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 3:56 PM
TS3 has alot of potential, but I'm preferring TS2 right now...but then again I preferred TS1 last week. Just depends on my mood. Next week I'll be back to wanting to play TS3.

Scholar
#146 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:12 PM
I envy you and your ability to have all 3 on your system.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
11th Aug 2009 at 4:59 PM
This message has been deleted by HaphazardSim.
Scholar
#147 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosthetics
I envy you and your ability to have all 3 on your system.

Well, I was due for a new system since my old one wouldn't even load Sims 2 after I installed Freetime...so I asked for a new computer that can play all of my games (especially Sims 3) for Christmas last year. I've never had my own brand new computer before...my husband buys himself a nice computer every few years and then gives me his old out of date computer, complete with all of his old files to fill up the disk space (that is, if it still works). I'm hoping this computer will last awhile because I won't be getting a replacement anytime soon.

Scholar
#148 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:03 PM
My computer itself is brand new, but it's a laptop...hardly a gaming computer, but handy!

And it was a nice surprise since my desktop will not read TS2's discs.
Test Subject
#149 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 4:21 PM
I'm still convinced TS2 is superior to TS3. I feel like TS3 took a couple baby steps forward, and everything else went slightly backwards. Or sideways. Or just weird.
Scholar
#150 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosthetics
My computer itself is brand new, but it's a laptop...hardly a gaming computer, but handy!

And it was a nice surprise since my desktop will not read TS2's discs.

Any idea why your desktop won't read your TS2 disks? That's so weird.

Laptops are nice though...I'd like to have one just to take with me on trips.

Page 6 of 32