Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #19: SEVEN new beautiful trees - *FFS REQUIRED*

by Numenor Posted 26th Apr 2006 at 10:33 AM - Updated 3rd Sep 2006 at 11:53 PM by Numenor

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:14 PM
OMG Those are sooooo cool
Thank you!!

*Happy simming*
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:21 PM
Thanks so much! I love new landscaping! Great job finding these!
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:23 PM
Aahh!! I asked Maxis for Plumeria trees like a long time ago! Yay! They actually put it in...even if it is a "lost" tree. Thanx for sharing, sadly I have no interest in buying FFS...but for the Plumeria tree...I just might. Happy Simming!

Sexy Sweet
Native Girl
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:24 PM Last edited by lisa-bee : 26th Apr 2006 at 5:26 PM. Reason: Forgot smiley
beautiful Trees
Thank you! Numenor your awesome.

Thank you! Callum91 Great find!
Scholar
#30 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:04 PM
I knew you guys would find the flowery tree! Thanks, you two, they're all great!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:12 PM
aarrrggghh! i want those trees! but im affraid to instal FFS! with the bugs i had from ofb making me reinstal, i dont want to go thru it again with FFS... isnt there way to extract the meshes and make them stand alone?
i know there are enough great modders on here that could do it if its possible...pleeeeaaassseeee?

#32 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:29 PM
You know Maxis left these "hidden" on purpose. Thanks for making them "useable".

Melissa
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:34 PM
Arrgh...isnt there a way to clone some of the original TS2 trees and just use the meshes from these to make them compatible w/the base game? I'd love to have these! I've always hated the original selection of Maxis trees.
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:41 PM
grrr... I haven't gotten family fun stuff pack yet and not sure I will, still undecided.
Just wanted to let the people that do have FFS Pack, that there is a patch out for it already!
Anyway Thanks for the great DL even though I can't use it, you guys did a great job finding these for those that do have it.

·¤·Kèñ·¤·
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:49 PM
I share the sentiment of the majority, as far as FFS goes, but I also agree that these are beautiful and I'm sure people who do have the pack are equally grateful for the discovery and converting to a useful format. If I were interested in the minipack, I would definitely download. Good work to both of you.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 7:34 PM
I can't believe Maxis left these out! They're so much better than their other trees. Thanks for making these available!
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 7:55 PM
Marvellous trees!!!
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 8:21 PM
To get FFS or not to get FFS ? That is the real question :'( But...but...but...I must have.....

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:16 PM
Looks like FFS was worth buying after all, thanks! n_n

<33 A
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:23 PM
I've never even HEARD of FFS! When was this released and such? I know for sure we dont have it out in my great boondocks. :-/
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:47 PM
i have FFS but was not planning on ever installing it...but these are so gorgeous! choices, choices.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:57 PM
Now that Maxis has released the patch to fix some of the FFS bugs, those with doubts about installing it can breate at least a little easier.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 10:08 PM
These are gorgeous! I just have to point out that the one labeled "Magnolia" looks nothing like a Magnolia, but the one labeled "Plumeria" looks just like a Magnolia tree. I wonder if they got them mixed up when they named them? No matter, I downloaded all of them.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 10:23 PM
Thank you so much, both of you! I can't get enough trees. Definitely needed more variety.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:07 PM
Thank you to both!! Beautiful trees
Field Researcher
#46 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
As I dont want to install 'too-buggy-ish" FFS - Id like someone to make them nonFFS.

I'm with you on that one, Ailias. The trees are absolutely fantastic and I have a total addiction to sims plants. So in the meantime I'll just have tree envy of you folks with FFS.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
As I dont want to install 'too-buggy-ish" FFS - Id like someone to make them nonFFS.

This is not the first time I have to face this problem. Technically speaking, 99% of the objects/functions of the various EP and add-on packs can be "ported" (downgraded?) to be usable even in the base-game. But I feel it's not a legitimate thing to do: after all, even if hidden, these meshes *are* included in the FFS game files, so they are not supposed to be available to the non-FFS users.
Therefore, I'm not going to "downgrade" them in any way.

Quote: Originally posted by xylune
These are gorgeous! I just have to point out that the one labeled "Magnolia" looks nothing like a Magnolia, but the one labeled "Plumeria" looks just like a Magnolia tree. I wonder if they got them mixed up when they named them? No matter, I downloaded all of them.

Lol! I don't know I named the package according to the internal Maxis filenames... Actually, I've never seen a Plumeria tree at all!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
#48 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:47 PM
Sooo cool man, I was getting tired of same old trees, thanks :D
Instructor
#49 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 12:30 AM
Man, I actually bought OFB just so I could have the tree that is shown behind the kid in that picture. And not only was it moved to FFS, it was hidden!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 1:37 AM
God? Is That You?
Page 2 of 5