Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #19: SEVEN new beautiful trees - *FFS REQUIRED*

by Numenor Posted 26th Apr 2006 at 10:33 AM - Updated 3rd Sep 2006 at 11:53 PM by Numenor

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Test Subject
#101 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:59 AM Last edited by Meiun : 25th Feb 2007 at 3:14 AM. Reason: It Gets Stranger
Beautiful. Thanks!
... I wish my real plumera looked that good. Mine's all scrawny and dying. -pout-
Weird, though. I have every EP and stuff pack excluding Glamor Life, but they appear as red text in the catalog don't work. My FFS has been weird (only a few floors and walls are appearing from it) so I guess I'll try a reinstall of it.
Edit again: It gets even stranger. When I tried to reinstall FFS, it launched it instead of pets. Guess I'll do a complete reinstall - nothing to lose that I'd scream about.
Anyways, thanks again .
Space Pony
#102 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 3:06 AM
Numenor,

Thank you for making these trees show up. I was just looking through the individual FFS objects packages & I noticed these trees, so, of course I started looking in the game to see where they were, but, they weren't in any collections.

Living in Hawaii I was really most interested in the Plumeria

Once I realized that the trees has been left out I immediately headed over here to see if some kind soul had already done the work & you did!

Thank you!

Morague
Test Subject
#103 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 3:42 PM
BTW,
can anyone please tell me is these trees work with Seasons (shed leaves etc)? If yes I just might buy FFS
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:30 AM
I never tested them with Seasons; if someone knows the answer, he's welcome to tell us

Oh, btw, I still can't say for sure, but it seems to me that these trees are included in the Bon Voyage EP.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#105 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:12 PM
Only the Plumeria is included in the new EP.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:00 AM
Thank you. ^^
Alchemist
#107 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 1:42 AM
I absolutely love these! Just wish they changed with the seasons!
Field Researcher
#108 Old 9th May 2008 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I absolutely love these! Just wish they changed with the seasons!

I sat here reading all the posts starting from the beginning because I wanted to find out if these trees were compatible with Seasons. Finally got to the last post (yours). Does this mean that you have tested them in Seasons' and they work but they don't change? I mean, drop their leaves and look like a dead tree in the winter?

If that's the case, I might like that. :-) I get sick of all the leaves and having to have my sims spend so much time raking, lol! That's one reason I now put so many of the Pine trees on my lots now. :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 10th May 2008 at 8:15 PM
I never tested these trees with Seasons. Let's trust Coltraz!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#110 Old 12th May 2008 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I never tested these trees with Seasons. Let's trust Coltraz!

Oh, Numenor, I'm sorry! I forgot to even say Thank You! I felt terrible when I read your response and realized that I hadn't even bothered to say thanks. You make such wonderful things and I'm unappreciative -- so ashamed, please forgive me for my oversight.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke
BTW,
can anyone please tell me is these trees work with Seasons (shed leaves etc)? If yes I just might buy FFS

I have had this wonderful file in my game for years, so I can say: No, these are not compatible with Seasons. (No leaves, no snow accumulation, and so forth. I don't mind that the leaves don't fall, but I do think that it would be nice if the snow would accumulate on the trees.) EAxis included one of the trees in Bon Voyage, but did they update it? I think not. (Really, they didn't.) Big surprise.

*Punches the Thanks button again.*

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 10:21 PM
I'm not surprised, either. Anyway, you have been very kind to test the trees more accurately then before, and report here the results; thank you very much

Inventor
#113 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 3:20 AM
Well, since plumerias die when they get colder than 40 degrees f, it sort of makes sense that they didn't do snow or fall animations - properly, in any climate with fall and winter, they should be inside a greenhouse.

My sadness is that all of these trees are still so small. I'd make larger versions, but I've been struggling with understanding Echo's tutorial as well - its not that its not clearly written - I'm just missing something obvious.

And that said, I'm going to nab these again, since it was nice having more tree varieties.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Forum Resident
#114 Old 13th May 2009 at 6:41 AM
Awesome trees!

Thank you.
#115 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 6:43 PM
::nab::

I don`t have Family Fun Stuff, but I do have everything else [except Store Edition and the two Happy Holliday packs], so I`ll give `em a try, and use any that work.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#116 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 4:08 AM
the plumaria, was in bon voyage
Forum Resident
#117 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 7:01 AM
Thank you. I'm always looking for nice trees for my yards.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#118 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:12 PM
I do like the Scotch pine quite a bit. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 5:08 PM
thanks a lot
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#120 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 6:18 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 31st May 2018 at 12:59 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#122 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:08 PM
I was confused until I read through the comments, because I knew I had the Plumeria. Lol. Searching for "lost and found" items was not something I decided to look into until fairly recently. These are really nice. It'll be great to have more trees.
Page 5 of 5