Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Windows Hack *UPD 11 JAN 2009*

by Atavera (retired) Posted 15th Jan 2007 at 6:56 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2009 at 6:25 PM by Numenor : Added 2 'Holiday' windows

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
The ModFather
retired moderator
#26 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Makai
This is one great Moddification to the game.. I wonder why Maxis abandoned the idea.. Especially with Seasons coming up.. it would be fun if you leave a window open during a rain storm or a snow storm.. very funny.. come home to a room full of snow..

Who knows? Maxis often "borrows" ideas from our mods; they could restore this feature in Seasons, it would be nice

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:37 PM
Oh that's really cool. I would of never thought of that. Awsome!

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tygomitch
Thank you ive got already 10496 downloads do you think i can add this one too i want it i want it i wish i knew how many dl i can put in my game

I think it depends on your computer wether you can put let's say 200000 downloads on it or only 500. But I don't think this one mod will change anything really. I've got 11394 and it doesn't really change anything. I mean sure, your game gets much slower but I'm accepting that for more cool stuff. I mean sure, a hack is probably the reason for the dicepeerance (sp?!) of my Sims' food but anyway. I'm talking too much. Hope I could help and nobody answered the question while I was tiping. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 2:35 AM
Thanks for upgrading these windows, they look so great in homes.
I so wish to see your Sonic Shower and Toddlers Blanket Bed again. I lost all my downloads and came back to get them and they were gone, I was SAD.
Thanks again for your great creative work.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 2:14 PM
The Sonic Shower and the Toddler Blanket have been reported HERE

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:08 PM
Thank you Touchstone for the answer but how do i know its a file that crashed my game or due to to manny downloads

BTW actualy my game isn't slowing down yet it takes 10 min. to load The one annoying thing is going thrue the downloads
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tygomitch
Thank you Touchstone for the answer but how do i know its a file that crashed my game or due to to manny downloads

BTW actualy my game isn't slowing down yet it takes 10 min. to load The one annoying thing is going thrue the downloads

Try clean installer. And check poly counts. Lots with to many high-count objects can seriously slow or crash the game.
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 5:01 PM
Thank! very good!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 6:53 PM
thankyou you are great
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 4:04 AM
awesome!!!

:wub:
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:20 PM
Thank you menother i allways use Clean Installer now i have to read about this poly count thing cuz i know nothing about that that could be it It was a big house with everything in it that crashed

Do you know what it means when half of the outfit disappears and half remains that looks weird pieces of skincolor and pieces of the color of the outfit i have the mesh though
The ModFather
retired moderator
#37 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 5:06 PM
Please, Tygomitch, don't ask questions not related to Atavera's Window Hack here in this thread. If you don't find your answers in the Game Help forum, open a new thread and ask your questions there.

Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:07 PM
Awesome! This makes the game way more realistic. Thank you very much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Please, Tygomitch, don't ask questions not related to Atavera's Window Hack here in this thread. If you don't find your answers in the Game Help forum, open a new thread and ask your questions there.

OK, Sorry
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 7:45 AM
Great mod! Many thanks Numenor for keeping it updated and Atavera thank you for this creation. I was very sorry to hear you had given up creating for the Sims. You will be greatly missed.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The Sonic Shower and the Toddler Blanket have been reported HERE

Thank You, I had not been here since the new year so never saw it.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 12:07 PM
I have often wondered why the windows didn't open and shut, this is great work. Now all we need is for the sims to be doing this themselves. With our direction or autonomously. And to let he rain in would be more realistic as well as sims getting cold.
A big hug for all your hard work in making sims more real. thanks.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Instructor
#43 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 3:42 AM
Default Actually i found they do open autonomously
Quote: Originally posted by ronnie62
I have often wondered why the windows didn't open and shut, this is great work. Now all we need is for the sims to be doing this themselves. With our direction or autonomously. And to let he rain in would be more realistic as well as sims getting cold.
A big hug for all your hard work in making sims more real. thanks.

I have found that the sims are opening all the windows without my direction.
Big thank you Numenor for updating this.
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:07 PM
Does it work with seasons EP ??
The ModFather
retired moderator
#45 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:00 AM
Yes, it works with seasons; but there are no new "openable" windows: you still have to use the modified ones from the base games.

Inventor
#46 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 2:48 PM
Though you would think that the new windows would open and close - they look like they should.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#47 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:29 AM
No, it's not just a matter of exterior look: only few windows from the base game were built with a separated moving panel; then Maxis abandoned the project, and all the newer windows are made in a single piece.

Theorist
#48 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 7:35 PM
Well Thats a britty bad mistake By Maxis I guess!
Thanks to the now *snif* Retired Atavera!!!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
#49 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 7:58 AM
Kinda moronic how "Maxis" abandoned the project when it seems all you folks have been able to figure things out... Most times you guys are better than "Maxis"/EA...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:19 AM
Does anyone know whether this works with all expansions?
Page 2 of 4