Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Windows Hack *UPD 11 JAN 2009*

by Atavera (retired) Posted 15th Jan 2007 at 6:56 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2009 at 6:25 PM by Numenor : Added 2 'Holiday' windows

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
The ModFather
retired moderator
#51 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:36 PM
I have personally checked it with any EP up to seasons; I have not checked them with Bon Voyage, though the code for the windows never changed since the base game: I'm 99,9% sure that this hack works with BV, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I have personally checked it with any EP up to seasons; I have not checked them with Bon Voyage, though the code for the windows never changed since the base game: I'm 99,9% sure that this hack works with BV, too.

Thank you very much, I will try this in my game with BV and report back.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 7:10 PM
Do you think that you will ever update the new windows from the new expansions and make them animated too??
The ModFather
retired moderator
#54 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:25 AM
Fact is, Maxis created some (not all) windows from the base game spluit in two parts, purposely to animate them; but then the project of the opening windows was abandoned, and all the following windows were created in one single piece. The "update" you ask would actually require to edit the windows' meshes, split them and adjust them to be animatable. I don't think that someone will take the burden of doing this...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 12:00 AM
Thank you very much for updating and reposting this mod. I've recently downloaded a university dorm from another site which used this feature.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 6:59 AM
Anyone know if this still works in freetime?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#57 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 10:03 AM
I didn't try myself, but I checked the code, and FreeTime didn't change anything related to windows; so, it dhould work.

Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 7:42 PM Last edited by bloodredtoe : 8th Jul 2008 at 6:19 PM. Reason: already solved my problem
Didn't encounter any problems, it all works great
Test Subject
#59 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM
Thank you Numenor for checking the Freetime coding (Besides all the other wonderful stuff you've done/created)...Wonderful!
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:54 PM
owsome! (yes, I know how I spelled it). Thanks
EDIT: if anyone was wondering, I have all of the eps including AL and every SP except IKEA Home and it works fine

ev149 is the new ilikecheeseyoranges
Test Subject
#61 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:48 AM
Now if only someone could animate 2 tile windows wink wink that is if they're are some split into 2 parts

How to make Voldey mad: Imperius his Death Eaters into a rousing chorus of All Things Bright and Beautiful-Mugglenet
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 9:06 AM
Thank you Numenor for maintaining this hack. Appreciated by all of us
The ModFather
retired moderator
#63 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 10:17 AM
Luckily, this hack maintains itself quite well: there was no need to update it since Pets -

Test Subject
#64 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 7:29 AM
hmm... to try this with apartment life might not be a good idea... Ah, who cares!?

watch my vids!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KiyoKenshin
P.S. thanks 4 the awesome content!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#65 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 12:57 AM Last edited by Numenor : 29th Dec 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Nothing seems to have changed with AL, regarding this mod. The official game code basically ignores the open/clode feature since the base game, and therefore the newer expansions (including AL and M&G) don't interfere with this mod in any way.
I didn't test the mod with AL, but I'm fairly sure that it still works perfectly.

EDIT: READ MY NEXT POST

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 1:20 AM
Numenor, I've been seeing a few instances of object errors involving bay windows on various forums lately, and it wasn't until I installed M&G myself that I realised what it is. If a stray dog comes onto the lot, I get an error caused by the stray looking for a bay window to sleep in. If debug mode is not on the dog merely sinks into the pavement and so may not be noticed immediately. I was advising people to remove custom windows but I now know it is caused by this hack. This error log is produced in a game with no CC at all except for Atavera's Window hack. Bailey is the dog.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_E001_t399798.rar (13.6 KB, 4 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#67 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 1:39 PM
Default Update
ANIMATED WINDOWS HACK V.1
by Atavera (retired) and Numenor

Click_to_enlarge

WHAT'S NEW

29 Dec 2008 - UPDATED to M&G

The "PETS-AND-NEWER" version now works with Mansion & Gardens, and all the older expansions down to (and included) PETS.

On the other hand, the "UP-TO-GLS" version was not modified: it still works fine with any expansion up to Glamour Life.

Let me state again the game requirements, so to be as clear as possible.
In order to use the "PETS-AND-NEWER" version, you must have at least ONE among the following packs:
PETS, SSN, CEL, H&M, BV, TSS, Store Ed., FT, K&B, IKEA, AL, M&G.
If you don't have any of the above, then use the "Up-to-GLS" version.

Thank you Simsample for the continuous help, reporting to me the bugs reported on other forums Without this error log, I'd never imagined that M&G had actually modified the code for the WindowGlobals (Maxis, as they did other times, included in a Stuff Pack a fix for an older EP, and I completely missed it...).

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#68 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 3:22 PM
Silly EA. Thankyou Numenor, that was really speedy!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 9:44 AM
WOW. Thanks for the great work fixing this hack Numenor! This is a great hack and it's a good thing you've updated it to M&G.
(i have ALL EPs and SPs)

Check my creations! http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=2248130
The Portuguese simmers group! Clicky!
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:46 AM
Super. Thanks

But they still windows that are not addressed by the patch.
As these two windows
The ModFather
retired moderator
#71 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vral
Super. Thanks

But they still windows that are not addressed by the patch.
As these two windows

What are those windows from? A holyday pack, I'd say...
If they aren't addressed by the patch, how come they open up, in your animated screenshot?

Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 5:04 AM Last edited by Vral : 10th Jan 2009 at 6:08 AM.
yes, holyday pack
I'm the one who is done for these two windows, it was not very complicated.

For other players.

Sorry for my English
The ModFather
retired moderator
#73 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 10:04 AM
Oh! lol, now I understand OK, I'll add them to the hack. Thanks for telling me about these windows!

The ModFather
retired moderator
#74 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 6:28 PM
Default Update
WHAT'S NEW

11 Jan 2009 - ADDED 2 'Holiday' windows

The "Frosted Window by AnythingImport" and the "Icy Chill Holiday Window" have been added to both the Up-to-GLS and the Pets-and-Newer versions of the hack, so to make them openable, too.

NOTE: the 2 mentioned windows come with the Holyday (Party) Pack 2005 and with the Sims 2 Holiday Edition. If you don't have either pack, you won't find the two windows in catalog (but the hack will work fine nevertheless, with the other windows).

Thanks to Vral for the heads up about these windows.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#75 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 6:56 PM
Thanks Vral and Numenor, I hadn't noticed that those were not included.
Page 3 of 4