Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Windows Hack *UPD 11 JAN 2009*

by Atavera (retired) Posted 15th Jan 2007 at 6:56 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2009 at 6:25 PM by Numenor : Added 2 'Holiday' windows

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 4:52 AM
I often these two windows, I would have suggested that I made, but I have to remove "all open and close all windows" with this release, and my SIMS opens & Closes independently a single window.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#77 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 8:43 AM
Sorry, but I don't understand: are you suggesting a modification, or reporting a bug or... ? You don't like the Open/Close All interaction?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#78 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 4:19 AM
not change

I not like this interaction, for my game I was deleted.
I felt strange
Instructor
#79 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 7:22 PM Last edited by FifthAce2007 : 18th Jan 2009 at 7:33 PM. Reason: I still can't spell lol
Thanks Numenor for keeping this updated.

I have used the hack with M&G and so far have encoutered no problems whatsoever. I have also used this to add an openable window to a set I am working on currently.

I am wondering though, how much of a headache would it be, to alter the animations so that instead of the z-axis being animated, and it opening upwards, the x/y-axis could be animated so that they swing open outwards?

PS: I have no idea on how to create/edit/alter animations, I have always steered clear of that particular headache

I know this is naughty of me, but if anyone fancies creating a clone of the Midnight Ride window, so that the pane swings outward, I would be eternally grateful, and will of course credit them when I finish the set I am working on (Oh, I would need them to open to the left and the right )

Slap me now if you like mods

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
#80 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 12:30 AM
as always you're a genuine ''modfather'' i only hope that someone would take up the job of ''animating'' some of the great custom windows here ;D GREAT JOB.

Treat all people the exact same way that you yourself deserves to be treated; you're less likely to make enemies that way.
Test Subject
#81 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 8:35 PM
OMG!!!

I owe you the biggest cyber-hug. This is my absolute favorite hack. I am in tears. Thanks sooooo much.
Test Subject
#82 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:34 PM
Hope it won't make me have to re-buy every window in my game... I hope no. Nonetheless, awesome!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#83 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 9:00 PM
No need to re-buy them, don't worry

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 12:24 AM
anyone knows why this great moder retierd?
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 4:30 AM
This was a nice idea but as soon as my sims opened the windows he couldn't use his refrigerator anymore and none of my sims can eat and will all a starve now.
Test Subject
#86 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
I don't know if Numenor still checks this thread but if you do I must report that the two holiday pack windows won't open. It works fine for the other windows but when I click on the holiday frost windows the open/close window option doesn't show up. I have all EPs and SPs including happy holiday stuff which I just installed the other day and I have had the updated version of the mod for quite a while now. please help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 3:10 PM
Can you make Animated Curtains to? that would be very cool i'm looking for curtains al my sims life i'm not that good in making mods and hacks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:40 PM
Thanks for keeping this mode available.

A question though:
Is it possible to open these windows without moving a sim in?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 7:19 PM
Nice, but I do not know if there is something to do with what you've downloaded the file in any program or just download it and put in the downloads folder and it goes in the game normally. Please advise! I am desperate :-(
I do not have to do is to translate and understand properly. Because I am from the Czech Republic.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monikajda
Nice, but I do not know if there is something to do with what you've downloaded the file in any program or just download it and put in the downloads folder and it goes in the game normally. Please advise! I am desperate :-(
I do not have to do is to translate and understand properly. Because I am from the Czech Republic.

Put it on the download folder

Start the game, click on your window and tada! It works!

~ Cherry
Instructor
THANKS POST
#91 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 7:38 AM
Ever since I started playing this game years ago I've always wanted this. Oh my gosh. Thank you SOOO much.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 11:40 PM
I'm not sure if this is looked at anymore, but I've noticed that with this installed, it randomly opens all the windows in my sims' houses without me clicking the command. It's highly annoying, as I'll be taking pictures and all the windows will just open without me having done anything.
Around October of last year, my computer's HDD failed and I had to get a new one which wiped my game clean. Before that, I had been using this hack with no difficulty. I can't seem to figure out why it is doing this in my game *now*. It used to work perfectly, and I think I was using the same version.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#93 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:13 AM
Modder, which version are you using and what EPs do you have?
Field Researcher
#94 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:11 PM
I've got all expansions (Uni, NL, OFB, SSN, BV, FT, AL) and all SP except for Glamour Life and FFS. I'm using "Atavera-AnimatedWindowHackV1_PETS-AND-NEWER"
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#95 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 1:09 AM
Thanck for mod good utility
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 4:51 PM
Thanks for reloading! It's an amazing effect! I love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 3:12 PM
Спасибо огромное! Это чудесно!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#99 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:07 PM
Thank you
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#100 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:41 AM
This is the best Mod and well needed thank you much. :)
Page 4 of 4