Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Grand Trianon Collection - *UPD 20 MAR 2008*

by The "Dream Team" Posted 11th Jul 2005 at 4:49 AM - Updated 7th May 2009 at 9:01 AM by Numenor

1511 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1487 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 37 of 61
Test Subject
#901 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 1:27 AM
Thanks for all your hard work....the set is so versatile with the recolours.

At some future stage, would it be possible to add a bath and the option to place the wash basin into a counter?

Only a suggestion, I'm well pleased with this....thanks again.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#902 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 2:37 PM
As for the bath tub, it's an idea: I'll take note of that.
But the basin can't be placed on counters, because it already has a glass support; if I can find the time, I can create a new basin, without any support, to be placed on counters.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#903 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for the reply....I look forward to any future creations from yourselves.
Instructor
#904 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 11:36 AM
"Dream Team", thank you all for your continuous work on this awesome set!

Melissa
Test Subject
#905 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 12:55 PM
absolutely fabulous... what more can i say?
Test Subject
#906 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:08 AM
I've tried dozens of times, and the collections packages won't extract into my collections folder. I'm putting in the correct folder, and using WinRAR.
Forum Resident
#907 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:19 AM
This is great.
Lab Assistant
#908 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:53 AM
Monicasim, just a suggestion. Unpack the collections onto your desktop and then drag them into the correct folder.
Test Subject
#909 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:20 AM
It won't extract anywhere. And my WinAce Archiver (I accidentally said WinRAR before), works fine, as I've been downloading stuff all the time. I did purge my system of all my downloads and am now going back and downloading. Anyways, I really would like this set. Especially the Loftbed set.
Test Subject
#910 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 9:44 AM
OHWOWOHWOWOHWOWOHWOWOHWOW.
Meow Thanks
Test Subject
#911 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 1:27 AM
Is this still compatible with Nightlife? Any reason why it wouldn't be?

(am going to start moving hacks and other downloads back in tonight)
Lab Assistant
#912 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 2:23 PM
It seems to not be....it came up on my list of semi-global conflicting objects....i'm so mad lol
Lab Assistant
#913 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 8:04 AM
Thankyou so much, those are AWESOME!
I'm trying to find rar so i can download them. I only have zip right now.
I can't wait to try them out. Thanks again.
Field Researcher
#914 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 12:57 AM Last edited by nancyw41 : 19th Sep 2005 at 2:08 AM.
This works fine for me in NL. An odd thing I noticed, though. These are in the collections with their own icon - a G with a circle around it. Anyone else seen this? I should add there are 4 folders - mirror bath, mirror bedroom, loft bedroom, and architecture.

Just a regular person
Mesh Maestro
#915 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 2:55 AM
nancyw41: Thats exactly how we made them so everything is seemigly ok...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#916 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 6:58 AM
About the compatibility of the Grand Trianon with the Nightlife:

There is no reason why the set shouldn't work with the Nightlife EP; obviously, like 99% of the user-created content, it is reported as "potentially harmful", but this is not true.
That new checking routine, sorry to say, is quite stupid (because perform only a quick, superficial check and doesn't distinguish between different "harm" levels); moreover, the "Overrides semi-globals" is a generic message that was used with the purpose to scare users about custom content.

Nevertheless, the Nightlife is new for all of us; so, please report any problem you might have with the new EP, and that you didn't experience before installing it.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#917 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 8:15 AM
JWoods, thanks for clearing that up. I was a little confused, but that's nothing new. BTW, it is VERY nice to have you here.

Just a regular person
Test Subject
#918 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 2:57 AM
Yup, seems to be working ok, aside from one of the loft beds again randomly becoming a flashing blue object - but that's happened once before pre-NL and replacing the bed seemed to fix the problem.

Only 'complaint' I have left is that the mirrors have now given the nanny's the opportunity to spend hours checking themselves out!
Lab Assistant
#919 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 3:51 AM
I must be blind or something...I can't seem to find the download link for this set...
Mesh Maestro
#920 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dilandauluv5
I must be blind or something...I can't seem to find the download link for this set...

You need to go to page one of this thread, start with post one and two and read all the information first then proceed to post three and you will find the Mirror bedroom set. Then proceed to the next three post's and do the same until you have obtained all four portions of the Grand Trianon set thus far. Remember do not skip reading through the first two post's they contain very important information.

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Instructor
#921 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 1:23 PM
People always want more. I am no exeption. We talked about the bath, ok. That's the first one. The second would be matching wall and ceiling lamps. I have a fettish about matching lights, lol. Otherwise, every child has those loft beds just in case another sibling arrives! Thank you all for all the work.
Lab Assistant
#922 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods
You need to go to page one of this thread, start with post one and two and read all the information first then proceed to post three and you will find the Mirror bedroom set. Then proceed to the next three post's and do the same until you have obtained all four portions of the Grand Trianon set thus far. Remember do not skip reading through the first two post's they contain very important information.

Thanks...boy am I a dork... :sorry:. I just assumed that the download would be where it says "download files" after the first post... :moose:
Test Subject
#923 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:25 PM
Could you make it in zip?
Test Subject
#924 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:21 PM
HEy! I downloaded this a while back, but I just intsalled Night Life....Will this ever be compatable with the new EP? I have lost ALL of my custom contet downloads except for clothing, floor and walls...I would really love to have this set again!! Please let me know!! Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#925 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:50 PM
Nightlife disables by default all the custom content. You can re-enable it from the game option panel. Check the Help forum for details.

Anyway, though I couldn't check each and every item in the GT with the Nightlife, I'm sure there are no general incompatibilities.

So far, no one has reported malfunctions of the GT objects when used in a Nightlife environment.

Page 37 of 61