Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Grand Trianon Collection - *UPD 20 MAR 2008*

by The "Dream Team" Posted 11th Jul 2005 at 4:49 AM - Updated 7th May 2009 at 9:01 AM by Numenor

1511 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1487 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 40 of 61
Test Subject
#976 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 1:43 PM
Wow this set is gorgeous... Thankyou for your hard work.

I downloaded the loft bed set and it looks amazing in the game..

I do have a problem though all my beds in the game are showing the bedding designs twice.. It's not a major problem but it does mean it takes ages for beds to show in the catalogue.. Any idea what it could be?

Everything was fine before i downloaded this set...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#977 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:20 PM
Since no one has reported this problem before, I guess that there may be some other beds in your downloads folder that cause that. If I remember well, some very old versions of Inge Jones' reservable beds caused that (the recent versions work fine).

Try removing some custom beds from the downloads and see what happens.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#978 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:30 PM
In the early days loads of custom beds duplicated the covers... (I don't want to be associated with it solely) :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#979 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 3:12 PM
Ok i have removed the downloads and i put them all back in one at a time.. Not a hard job seen as i only had the loft bed collection and 1 other bunkbed (can't remember where from)..

Everything is fine now although my old bunkbed is missing?????? So i guess that was the problem, i don't understand where it went to though..

Anyway i thought i had better come back and apologise it wasn't those beds (or maybe it was those and the old one combined that were the problem, not sure)..

Anyway the collection is looking fab and working fab, thanks again..

P.s Any idea why the other bed dissapeared from my downloads??
The ModFather
retired moderator
#980 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 4:15 PM
The only bunkbed that I know, beside the Grand Trianon ones, were created by Atavera long ago (LINK), as a proof of concept, and their colour options were quite faulty, at first. Then I've personally fixed them, but maybe you still have an old version (the unfixed beds stayed online for a long time, before I fixed them).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Inventor
#981 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 12:24 AM
Nevermind what I said above. I've learned I can face them in seperate directions
Did so last night. I don't think I could play without this set now. I've always heard, once you've had the best you can't settle for less. It must be true.
Thanks again
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#982 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 4:50 AM
I've been passing thru this thread so many times... am only using a dial up connection, but now I've decided to DOWNLOAD it! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! hoorray!

H a p P y S i m M i N g!
Inventor
#983 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 4:53 AM
I think you'll find it worth it brat It really is amazing! I get no commision from this, I"m speaking solely as another downloader, it's great! Especially when you grab a recolor or two. Then you can cover light wood to dark wood rooms
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
#984 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 11:46 PM
awesome, many thanks!
#985 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 1:49 AM
Please Make The Bunk Beds A .zip File!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#986 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 8:51 AM
Well, this is a little late for me to comment, but I will anyways. This whole set was AMAZING! ! ! The bunk beds look great! I can't wait to use them! And now I truly know why you guys are called the Dream Team. . .
Test Subject
#987 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 1:54 AM
This evening I got down on my knees and thanked the Lord for my cable modem. These are gorgeous! Thank you so much!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#988 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilJbOyd815
Please Make The Bunk Beds A .zip File!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if I'd make a zip for the bunk beds, you would still need WinRAR (or another rar archiver) in order to download the floor mirror, that is needed for the whole Grand Trianon to work...

Instructor
#989 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Mellisenda : 1st Nov 2005 at 5:25 PM.
I have a problem in my game with the double poster beds when viewing the beds from the side. When I zoom in and out the bed frame sideboard flashes strobe-like, not blue, up towards the headboard just above the blanket/sheet. I'm not sure why this happens, but, it's happened through two video cards, three clean installs, and both EPs. I'm not sure if this graphical glitch has been mentioned here in the GT thread by anyone else, as the thread is so very long and it is a hard topic to search for (too general of search words). If a pic would help I will try to take one, but, being that the glitch only happens when I am actively zooming in and out, I'm not sure how well it would show the problem.

*What is up with the stinking obsession with zip files instead of rar files? There are so many free unrar programs out now it's not even funny. I use ZipGenius from http://www.zipgenius.it/index_eng.htm

It is the best free decompression program I've found and it works on all compression file formats. Get it and get over the zip obsession, please. The wonderful creators here at MTS2 should not have to put up with the members who whine and demand zip files instead of rar files. There's just no point to it. rar files compress files much smaller than zip, therefore making it much better for storage on MTS2's servers and quicker for downloading by users.

Melissa
The ModFather
retired moderator
#990 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 5:47 PM
At last, someone has noticed this little glitch...!

You are referring to the glitch shown in the attached pic, right?
I was aware of it: it is caused by the wooden frame that has the very same dimensions of the mattress; therefore, when you view it from a particular angle and distance, the mattress peeks out of the wood.
Yes, it may be be tweaked a little, but a thicker frame would peek out of the bedding sheets (which would be worse), so perhaps it's better to leave it as is, if you think that you can live with this glitch.

My compliments for your attention to details! (I'm not joking: we love when people take the time to observe carefully our creations :D)
Screenshots

Instructor
#991 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Mellisenda : 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:59 AM.
That's it, lol. Actually, I'm so anal-retentive that I have not used the two beds since the GT set was first released due to the glitch. I can't believe no one has mentioned it, yet. I noticed it right away the first time I tested the double beds upon their release and removed them from my game. I consider myself one of the Sims 2 community's most picky downloaders. I'm at the bottom of the community's stats with my Downloads folder's mb size (yes, mb, no gb) That's how I ended up starting my own Sims 2 website. I was recreating items that I had seen elsewhere that were not up to my personal standards, lol (and I enjoy modding). I never mentioned the glitch in this thread because I was sure that it would be corrected early on as the set had just been released and was still in the testing/tweaking phase. I thought it would be an obvious one. I was shocked when I downloaded the two beds again the other day and the glitch was still there. Thanks for the explanation, Numenor. It had looked like that was the problem to me. I understand the dilemma. Shame, though, as I can't stand to play with it like that. I do love the set, though, and am happily awaiting the kitchen. The overall quality and beauty are just wonderful. :D

Melissa
Test Subject
#992 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 4:14 PM
Hmm...

I've had this set for ages with no issues. Now (I think this started when I installed the patch), whenever I go into a lot, the bunk beds are flashing blue as if the recolor were broken. If I go into build mode and use the redesign tool on them, they're fine. Unfortunately, I have to do this every time I load a lot with the bunk beds. Have not noticed if it happens with other parts of the set--I use bunk beds the most.

Anyone else seen this?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#993 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 3:33 PM
You mean that after you have fixed the recolour with the design tool, the next time you enter the same lot, the same bed is flashing again? What if your sell and re-buy the bed?

Forum Resident
#994 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 12:37 PM
for the bunk bed peeking glitch, wouldn't it be possible to squash the mattress a little?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#995 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 9:35 PM
No, the mattress can't be touched: they use a special "blend" animation (just like the sofa seats), that is still unknown; editing the mattress would lead to losing the animations.

Forum Resident
#996 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 1:30 PM
I have never seen any motion in the mattress. but isn't there enough space between the mattress and the beddig that the frame can be put between?
Mesh Maestro
#997 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 1:58 PM
Of course all matress's in the game have animation as it is directly a portion of the "bedding"... When a sim sits down or lay's down on the bed the animations Numenor speaks of are in fact in action... A resolution to this tiny glitch I will look into when I have some free time... I believe slightly narrowing the thickness of the side boards of the frame will resolve this issue... Also I thought this issue was to do with the double beds, is it also a problem with the upper loft beds (bunk)?

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Test Subject
#998 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 1:17 AM
architecture collection
Can someone help me please .. I downloaded the Grand Trianon architecture collection along with the "updated" floor mirror, but everything is still flashing blue Did I miss something? NL installed, if that matters ..

thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
#999 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 1:27 AM
If everything is flashing blue, there must be something bad with the floor mirror. Perhaps you should redownload it and be sure that it is correctly unpacked into the Downloads folder.

EDIT: Hey! Post #1000! :baloons:

Instructor
#1000 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 1:46 PM
I have a question; when the GT set was first released wasn't there an arch framed version of the arched loft lower bed (not the invisible frame one)? I like the way the no-frame lower bed looks, but, would love to have an arch framed one, too, to use with or without the upper bed.

Melissa
Page 40 of 61