Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stop Skill Building and Go To Work/School << UPDATED: 10/20/2006 <<

by monique Posted 22nd Aug 2005 at 8:35 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2006 at 10:07 AM by monique

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Systemic Anomaly
#26 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dropoflove
I ran the conflict hack thing and this popped up with a conflict on either inteen or insim. Does anybody know if this will really hurt to keep together. I don't want to give up either one.

There's nothing in this mod that should conflict with InTeen.
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM
I have read through all of the posts and none address my issue, so here goes:

These programs cause the bus or car to appear, drive up to the mailbox, dissapear and then reappear just to drive up the the mailbox and dissapear again. My sims act as if the car/bus never appeared. If I click on the car/bus I can tell my sims to "go to work/school" but they ignore it and self-cancel it. All the while the bus/car is doing it's thing over and over. I have had all of my sims loose their jobs and i have had social services come and take all of my kids because they aren't going to school.

How can I fix this? It is a great idea, but not the way it is.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:13 AM
Thank you for updating for pets.

~ Sam ~
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 1:16 AM
Monique,
Thank you so much!! I was wondering why they are so dumb.
BTW, can you split the main hack from the +50 in energy/hunger? I suppose you mean that they can eat or sleep on the way to home/school. But two things --
1. It clearly only takes them a couple minutes to get to school, whereas it takes hours for them to sleep, and also a significant time to eat.
2. Eating in the car should count against groceries
3. Clearly it is not possible to eat AND sleep on the way
I think part of the game is making sure they are fully rested and fed before they leave. But monique, don't get me wrong. I'm VERY grateful.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 4:12 PM Last edited by flameflash : 7th Mar 2007 at 3:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nigelhenry
Monique,
Thank you so much!! I was wondering why they are so dumb.
BTW, can you split the main hack from the +50 in energy/hunger? I suppose you mean that they can eat or sleep on the way to home/school. But two things --
1. It clearly only takes them a couple minutes to get to school, whereas it takes hours for them to sleep, and also a significant time to eat.
2. Eating in the car should count against groceries
3. Clearly it is not possible to eat AND sleep on the way
I think part of the game is making sure they are fully rested and fed before they leave. But monique, don't get me wrong. I'm VERY grateful.

Honestly, it still works great in Seasons so I'd recommend leaving it alone.

Sometimes my teens don't stop what they're doing (like gardening) but I think I'm having issues with that particular lot anyway.

Edit: Actually my teens usually seem to ignore the command now in Seasons...

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:49 PM
I currently own Pets but don't have it installed. If I download the Pets version (to accomodate when I do install it), will it work with just OFB?

Thanks!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 2:51 AM
I like that this mod decreases micromanagement, but like nigelhenry, I would prefer not to have the cheat aspect. Would you mind telling me what I need to change in your package in order to take the motive boost out?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 11:06 PM
Pescado's Hackdiff is reporting this as incompatible with BV.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 1:13 PM
I sure miss this mod! Will it be updated for BV?

~ Sam ~
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:55 AM
Any chance that this will be updated for BV? It was a favourite hack of mine.

I try to take one day at a time, but lately several days have been attacking me at once.

Owner - Sublime Sims - www.sublimesims.net
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 7:14 AM
Hey Monica! I'm actually the person who requested this hack years ago Does it work with Freetime? I finally got that to install today (no BV, yet, though). I hope so, this has always been one of my favorite hacks.
#37 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 7:50 AM Last edited by GeneralOperationsDirector : 16th Sep 2008 at 7:53 AM. Reason: Added Last Activity datum.
the evil writer: did you read this at the top of the page?
Quote: Originally posted by MTS2
Attention! The creator of this download has not logged into MTS2 for some time. The items displayed here can thus be considered unsupported and you should use them at your own risk.
From her Profile page:
Quote:
Last Activity: 27th Oct 2007 04:09 AM
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:53 AM
I realize this is an older thread, and the creator might not check back here anymore, but i wanted to post this here anyways so anyone downloading this can take this in consideration.

I had my sim run off to the carpool to go to work while still holding a toddler. Needless to say that by the time he got back, the toddler was not at all happy. I had the hardest time to get it's most crucial needs filled at least somewhat. It might be something to consider if you download this mod, don't let them hold the little ones around the time they go to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 1:18 AM
Wow You Really Did A Amazing job!!!
Page 2 of 2