Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 9:57 PM
Thank you SO much for this tutorial! I now have an AWESOME school girl outfit! Thank you!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#302 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 2:50 AM
I am pretty new to the Sims games. Kids gave me my first one last year about this time. I just realized I had body shop...recently, but didn't really know what to do with it. I love your site and find it to be very helpful... just found you yesterday or the day before. I just did my first recolor using Gimp 2.6. Thanks for suggesting this program. I followed your instructions and at least on this tutorial was able to follow very easily with the Gimp program. Thank you for you site ... the tutorials and all the help that is given here. Your site is amazing!!! Again, thank you!!!
I also took your advice and downloaded Sims 2 Home Crafter Plus, but won't load for some reason. Will try to figure it out later... I am anxious to move on to the next tutorial!
Test Subject
#303 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missMSBplayer
Great tut, I read through it, but like most people, I need to look at pictures to help, but they won't show up! Everytime I want to see this tut., they never show up

I can't see the pictures either!! I absolutely love the tut but it'll be a lot better with pictures
Test Subject
#304 Old 14th May 2009 at 9:34 PM
When I try to make it a .rar or .zip it says it has a problem
Test Subject
#305 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:32 AM
this is a wonderful tutorial, i had to play around with your instructions a bit since im using GIMP, but overall they were a big help! thanks a lot!
Forum Resident
#306 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:11 AM
This was a very complete tutorial& made lots of sense even, for me as a beginner. Thank you so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#307 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:53 AM
Default GSGaara
Wow thank-you this really helped a lot!
Test Subject
#308 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:03 AM
Hey I need help!
Thank you so much for the tutorial!
I have followed like, 10 tutorials to try to learn to recolor and yours is by far the most descriptive!
So here's my problem! THis has happened countless times and I haven't gotten a recolor to work properly yet!
So, I use Paint.Net because the link to GIMP didn't work and it wouldn't show up on my computer or let me download it.
I do as you say, and go to Hue/Satuation...blah blah blah! =)
When I uploaded my file to Paint.Net to recolor, it was a .bmp file. Is that right?
Then I saved it under .bmp, not Paint.Net. Is that right? (=
Theeen.....I go back to Body Shop, refresh, and nothing changes! I don't know what I am doing wrong, and it soooo frusterating! HEEELLLPP!!!!!!
Test Subject
#309 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:11 AM
Hey I need help!
Thank you so much for the tutorial!
I have followed like, 10 tutorials to try to learn to recolor and yours is by far the most descriptive!
So here's my problem! THis has happened countless times and I haven't gotten a recolor to work properly yet!
So, I use Paint.Net because the link to GIMP didn't work and it wouldn't show up on my computer or let me download it.
I do as you say, and go to Hue/Satuation...blah blah blah! =)
When I uploaded my file to Paint.Net to recolor, it was a .bmp file. Is that right?
Then I saved it under .bmp, not Paint.Net. Is that right? (=
Theeen.....I go back to Body Shop, refresh, and nothing changes! I don't know what I am doing wrong, and it soooo frusterating! HEEELLLPP!!!!!!
Test Subject
#310 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:20 AM
Thank youuuuu for this tutorial!!!!!
I can make now my own creations
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Thanks!!!!
Test Subject
#311 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 6:57 AM
Thanks for the great tutorial. It has really helped me out (:
Thanks again (:
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:45 PM
can you choose which game you can save it too ??
Test Subject
#313 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Thankyou
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Finally I've learnt the basic steps of recoloring,thank you again
Test Subject
#314 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:08 AM
Before this tutorial I was completly clueless! Thanks for being so straight forward, it really helped me learn the basics. Thank you sooo much!!!!!
Test Subject
#315 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:42 AM
Thank you so much for this. It was very straightforward and actually pretty short and easy.

Just one question, do I need to transfer the completed file out of my SavedSims folder and into my Downloads folder where the rest of my CC is located?

I'm going to do a few more tutorials on meshing, but I will eventually check it out for myself by starting the game. If you guys can answer that before I start the game then I'll be confident in finding the recolor and not having to exit and reload the game to move the file.

So again Thank you!
Test Subject
#316 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:57 PM
ShatterFreak no you dont. Since it is a recolour and you didn't put it in game when you were in bodyshop first you just follow the steps and no extracting/copying and placing in you downloads folder is required. Hope I helped!

Makeupgal4.
Test Subject
#317 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 12:18 AM
hey this was really helpful but i made something that i really want to upload but i dont know what to do now? i tried uploading the picture that we edited to look how we want but it didn't work so what do i upload? theres 3 files
-the bmp
-the alpha bmp
-package file

so what one this is my first mod and i'd like to share it with the world
Field Researcher
#318 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:32 PM
My bodyshop does not support PNG files, so i cant use my creations! are u kidding me???
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#319 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:59 PM
alz-da-dog - Look in our Creator Guidelines. They tell you what you need to upload.

AnnitaSims - Nobody's Body Shop uses png files. Save as bmp over the files made in your Projects/YourProjectName/ folder.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#320 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:59 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial Faylen! I created my first dress and it turned out looking just like the one I had intended it to!
Test Subject
#321 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 5:01 PM
I've done all this fine but what about if i want to recolour seperate bits of the outfit? What do i do then? The tutorial was great though thanks a bunch

You learn something new everytime you do something obscenely stupid

Nikki xo
Test Subject
#322 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 10:34 PM
Default Dull colours

When I imported my project back into BodyShop, the colours came out all dull. What have I done wrong? =/
Test Subject
#323 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:05 AM
How can I make dangling stuff like capes, unnique hair, moles , long findernails, wierd ears, and other 3-D things that arent already drawn??? please help me.
Lab Assistant
#324 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by burntoast
how do i get "PHOTOSHOP"???

Umm, if you REALY REALY REALLY want it, than your gonna have to pay like 500 dollars for a copy
Test Subject
#325 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 12:04 AM
Uhm... I keep trying to click Body Shop and it's not opening.... "-_-
Page 13 of 15