Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 12:08 AM
Yup Simbot. Hence the name of Part 2 is Part 2: Importing and Texturing
Advertisement
#27 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 12:39 AM
Plz help
[SIZE=5][COLOR=YellowGreen]i clicked on ur link but i cant download it, i think it has moved or something, is ther another way 2 get wings 3d ( by da way im new)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 3:00 AM
Try this one, it works for me right now: http://www.wings3d.com/
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 3:12 AM
How much of part 2 have you finished?
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 2:12 PM
Steps 18 to 30 of Part 2 have been finished. They cover matching your mesh with an export, deleting the export, and importing the GMDC.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 2:42 PM Last edited by Max3D : 10th Aug 2005 at 3:04 PM.
if u wish u can use 3DStudio ..
u'll find tons of tutorial about modelling and texturing in 3DSmax.

When your object is done and the texture is correct, export your mesh as 3DS file.
you could import it in wings3D or milkshape is the same..
i suggest to import the original mesh (exported from simPe)
and then the .3ds file, so you'll have the 2 mesh.. scale the new one and
place exactly where the original is.. then delete the old one and export your job as .obj (Wavefront / maya) file.

at least u can import the obj file in the .package with simpe.. as numenor as well explaned...

u can also replace a single mesh, on the attached immage u can see
my .obj file have the all mesh that compose the Sims2Object but in this case i import just a single mesh to replace the orginal one called "surfaces".
All the other mesh are set as "Action:Nothing" and they remain as they are.
that's a realy cool/usefull option

that's all and that's how i build my stuff
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 1:23 AM
Wow, thanks for the tutorial! I had just begun to figure out Milkshape when my trial expired.... While I'm waiting for part 2, I'll get used to Wings 3D So, are we supposed to do the UVMapping on our own, or is it part of part 2? I could figure it out using UVMapper Classic on my own, but will follow a tutorial if it is given. :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 2:17 AM
Well, that will be part of PArt 2.
Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 4:02 PM
Can't wait for Part 2.....

I've been waiting for a good tutorial on 3Dwings!!

What a pleasure to be here right now.....I love your tutorial on Part 1, it's so detailed and understandable.

Thank you!!
:P

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 4:53 AM
If you ever have the time, can you make a hair tutorial? I'm lost on hair meshing for Wings 3D. But of course, only if you have time. ^^; I'm going to try out this tutorial. Hopefully object meshing is easier than clothes and hair meshing.

Oh, btw, the tutorial is really good- I can understand it even though I suck at understanding things. ^^
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 1:43 PM
Part 2 is finished and uploaded!
#37 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 4:18 PM
I want to take and object that is in the game and customize it how do I export the object from sims 2 so that it can be imported into 3dmax or wings3d. Is there and unpacker that i need to use, I don't seem to know where to look for the objects in the game to customize. Also I havn't seen any threeds that explain how to make the object interactable in the game like computer, ect. Can someone please help.
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 8:05 PM Last edited by That one girl : 14th Aug 2005 at 8:53 PM.
I know this may sound very noobish but I don't know where to download Wings 3D. I'm at the site, but I can't find the link to download the actual Wings 3D. I thought I found it at the top left box labeled 'news' under 'Latest Stable Rel: 0.98.29b' but once I got it on my computer, I can't open the file.

Do I need anything to run wings? If so, can you please link it to me?

Please help me out... I really want to mesh... :weep:

EDIT: YAY! I found the download page, which happened to be called 'download page'. :dunce: So nevermind!
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchy124
I want to take and object that is in the game and customize it how do I export the object from sims 2 so that it can be imported into 3dmax or wings3d. Is there and unpacker that i need to use, I don't seem to know where to look for the objects in the game to customize. Also I havn't seen any threeds that explain how to make the object interactable in the game like computer, ect. Can someone please help.

Back it up!

'Also I havn't seen any threeds that explain how to make the object interactable in the game like computer, ect.' - Start with something easier. This is way out of your region.

You need SimPE to customize an object. Follow my tutorial, but change it, like clone the object you want to customize instead of the end table.
#40 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 2:01 PM
I still need to know how to find the objects in the game in order to customize them.
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 3:26 PM
Step 8. Object Workshop plugin in SimPE.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 3:05 PM
Firstly, thank you very much for these tutorials! They are greatly appreciated.

I just have a stupid question...you say part 2 is up...but I can't find it? Is it on a seperate page or something?

Thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 3:21 PM
Part 2 is there.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 3:42 PM
Whoops! I saw it now thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 4:16 PM
If you use this tutorial, please support development of BV items and click the tiny thank you button. It is the MTS2 way of donating. LOL.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#46 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 6:53 AM
Thanks Mod! (clicks thankyou button)
Inventor
Original Poster
#47 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 10:30 PM
You can now get a PDF file!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 2:46 PM
UPDATE: Everyone has been asking, and the time has come. I will next be working on a new mesh clothing tutorial for Wings 3D, which will be followed by a Wings 3D hair tutorial.
Test Subject
#49 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 4:30 AM
I followed the whole tutorial all the way up to 44 in part II.But I don't have a texture file for some reason. I save and SimPE .44 ask if I want to commit? Should I commit or say no?
Inventor
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 2:43 PM
Yes you should commit. Commit means save.

Quote:
It seems there is no need for texturing in this tutorial. If in your case there is, you texture the UV Map and in the Texture File section import that BMP. We are done Part 2!

By 'in your case', I mean if you are making an object other than this object, like if I'm making a bed, I would modify this tutorial for a bed.
Page 2 of 18