Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:50 AM
Default ACR confusion
I was playing the frat brothers of Sim State University. They had a toga party. The printer sisters came. They are set up in a open polyamorous relationship with NO jealousy set on all of them. Daisy and Dot kissed or something and JoAnn got angry and ruined her relationship with both of them! I went to their house and fixed it because it made no sense. They've never had an issue while playing them and when I tested it again, on their lot they are fine. What is going on? What do I need to do?

Also on a lesser note I guess, Alicia, Dixie Land's girlfriend, cheated on Dixie while there with Joshua. I thought she was set to not cheat so I went and checked and, I was right. On the sim settings. I guess because her autonomy is set to low not spouse only? But if I set them all to spouse only they won't auto do anything with lovers (and how would open relationships work, not everyone wants to get married ...) so I guess that means sims are just going to cheat unless they are married and set to spouse only despite the sim settings.

But why in the world would JoAnn get angry when all 3 of them are set to no jealousy? I don't understand.

Since ACR can be confusing might as well make a thread for it.

Edit: And their no jealousy is on static as well.

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 5:56 AM
ACR just has a fun "feature" where sims will randomly get mad in spite of their jealousy settings based on personality. I took that out of the version of ACR I uploaded to the polygamy thread, if you want to try that one instead.

Are you sure that the cheating sim was using an ACR interaction? They can autonomously cheat using Maxis interactions too, and ACR doesn't change those. If you want them to not do that you need romancemod or similar.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
ACR just has a fun "feature" where sims will randomly get mad in spite of their jealousy settings based on personality. I took that out of the version of ACR I uploaded to the polygamy thread, if you want to try that one instead.

Are you sure that the cheating sim was using an ACR interaction? They can autonomously cheat using Maxis interactions too, and ACR doesn't change those. If you want them to not do that you need romancemod or similar.

A "fun feature"? Ohh, no I don't know if it was an ACR interaction or not because they weren't playable at the time.

Romance mod? Polygamy ACR thread? (sorry i'm trying to find them but can't seem to).

It sounds like something I might just need to put up with to be honest.

Edit: Would doing a global override no jealousy fix the issue? Granted that might be overkill.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:17 AM
I don't use ACR, but I do use Pescado's Romance Mod, and I make full use of the mod's rule by which, if a Romance (or Pleasure) Sim's Outgoing + Playful + Nice points add up to 15 or more, the Sim is into open relationships and never gets jealous. In my island 'hood of New Desconia, the founders (Desmond and Cony -- hence Desconia) only allow newcomers to stay on the island, if they're Romance and meet those criteria. (They also have to be teens, and gay, or at lest bi.) That effectively makes the whole neighbourhood No Jealousy.

Most of the time it works out OK, but there's an occasional glitch and a Sim does get jealous. In that case they work on their relationship till they're on kissing terms again. If the Sims can't resolve things between themselves, the founders summon them both to Abode d'Amour, where the recalcitrant Sims have to lie together in a Christianlov Easy Bed, with Desmond and Cony looking on, cuddling and kissing until they at least have a mutual crush. It sounds like you can get similar glitches in ACR, and I respectfully suggest that the Sims concerned "fix" things in a similar way to my New Desconia islanders.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:18 AM
Romancemod is a Pescado mod. My version of ACR is attached to this post: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617914
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:34 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 9th Nov 2021 at 3:50 PM.
I'll have to look more into it later. It all seems so confusing right now, but i'm really tired with a bad headache so... thank you both, i'll see what I can figure out later.

I might end up trying the no jealousy global override and if that doesn't work just always fixing it or finding some way to work it into the story. Most of my sims are in monogamous relationships, but not all. If I have to "pretend" their jealous I can do that. Make them argue, fight, ruin their relationship with the sim manipulator. But if I just have to fix it when what happened to the printer sisters tonight happens again, I can do that too or find a way to work it into the story.

Edit: I'll go over this thread again later. My head isn't working atm.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 3:51 PM
I've used the maxis interactions though without them getting jealous ... so it seems something else must be going on. It might've been because they weren't the current playables or the random "fun feature" of ACR. Unfortunately my head has been killing me from lack of sleep.

I can't find romance mod.

My Simblr
He/They
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:00 PM
All MATY Sims 2 mods are here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Choose your latest EP> Hacks> romancemod.zip
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
All MATY Sims 2 mods are here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Choose your latest EP> Hacks> romancemod.zip

Thank you. Is it compatible with ACR?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I can't find romance mod.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
Then download romancemod.zip
[EDIT: My friend Sim Sample beat me! The writer(s) of the original ACR recommended using the Romance Mod with it]

Actually I rather like it that the Romance Mod occasionally glitches, and they get jealous despite it. It somehow makes my Sims feel more human . . . , more "real" . . . , more like me. It's not easy to watch somebody you love cuddling and kissing with a third person, without feeling jealous. Believe me -- I've tried it. I find it somehow reassuring that even our Romance Sims, past masters though they are at the art of the open relationship, sometimes fall victims to jealousy. It's a very basic human emotion.

In the whole history of the island of New Desconia, there have only been three or four occasions on which Sims have got jealous despite the Romance Mod. It's never really been a problem. And it isn't hard to repair the relationship afterwards.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:59 PM
Yea, i'm not entirely sure if i'm going to do anything, but it's nice to know there are options to try if it gets too much. I fixed it this time with sim manipulator, which is easy to do, but in the future I might try to work it into the story. I wasn't even aware I had invited all 3 of them to the party (or I didn't and one of them crashed it lol) so I might avoid doing that in the future.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I fixed it this time with sim manipulator
I prefer to rebuild the relationship the romantic way -- with lots of cuddles and kisses! I think at heart I'm just an incurable romantic.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I prefer to rebuild the relationship the romantic way -- with lots of cuddles and kisses! I think at heart I'm just an incurable romantic.

I might have done that if the relationships hadn't been entirely destroyed to the max and taken me by surprise. Granted I know I still could've done it, it would just take a lot of time, which I might do in future situations anyway.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 9:29 PM

====
Trying to use your version of ACR, went through all your downloads (where I got 3 other things I didn't know I needed), but can't find it. Also can't find the "polygamy thread). Is this the only thing you changed? I use it on every lot, didn't know it had this bit of "cuteness".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 9:41 PM
Grammapat, my version of ACR is here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617914 Technically it changes some other things in that it makes polygamy work better, but you won't notice any difference unless your sims are actually married to multiple people. There's also another not-really-advertised feature where the default jealousy settings now take secondary aspiration into account, but you can still manually set jealousy to static and make it whatever you like if you don't like the way I've done the defaults.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 4:27 PM
Grammapat, my version of ACR is here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617914 Technically it changes some other things in that it makes polygamy work better, but you won't notice any difference unless your sims are actually married to multiple people. There's also another not-really-advertised feature where the default jealousy settings now take secondary aspiration into account, but you can still manually set jealousy to static and make it whatever you like if you don't like the way I've done the defaults.

=
More confusion:
TwoJeffs final version was named ARC 2; your's is named same thing, but only has 2 items. Assuming these are you corrections, are these to be added to the ARC I was using before, and let your 2 programs override?

Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 5:16 PM
Yes, just replace the two files.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 12:00 AM Last edited by grammapat : 13th Nov 2021 at 12:41 AM.
Yes, just replace the two files.

Thanks. Now if I can give him muscles..
=====
And I see you did the muscles too .