Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#76 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 10:47 PM
New eye-dea. It needs more shading, I can see that. Also, the iris is too dark. I'll be working on this.
Attached Images

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Advertisement
Banned
#77 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:41 PM
It's pretty nice, your Life ones are really great, especially the rainbow one :D
Instructor
#78 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:25 PM
Very pretty!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#79 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:42 PM
WOW! You learn fast!! I love them!! ^-^ No suggestions this time either =)

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#80 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 3:35 PM
Here we go, less bright.

I will admit, I like large highlights. Otherwise I think that they look like fish/shark eyes. Maybe I over do it, but oh well. When I try them in BS, I'll get a screen shot for you all!
Screenshots
Attached Images

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#81 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 5:23 PM
I'm in favor of huge sparkles as you can see in my eyes, I think they make eyes look more beautiful =)

Only one suggestion, if you want to make them look really realistic, shade a lil' bit the top of the iris I love 'em!!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#82 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 8:43 PM
li'l more? Okay, will do! Thanks for teaching me what the burn tool was, I'm stupid and never knew how useful it was. I was always using a low opacity black fuzzy brush tool!

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
Original Poster
#83 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 6:51 AM
Here's a set of eyes I have made, it's the "Brilliance" ones I was talk about... maybe like a month ago?? Woah it's been a while. Sorry. I've been busy sleeping and eating. And going to school. But meh.

They're more glittery and lighty than the one before, which is why they're called "Brilliance". the next one I'm think of working on is called "Luminescence", it's luminous (which I believe is derived from the term "lumin"/"lumen", the ancient word for "light")

I hope these are to your liking!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#84 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 9:35 PM
Uh-hu! The pupil's a little small though, be prepared, the Mods may not like that.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#85 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:20 AM
^HAH! TOLD YOU! Torako is always going on and on about how the eyes I make have huge pupils!

Well anyways here is a set I'm working on- Mysterious Eyes!
I'm SO super proud of them cuz it took me 2 hours to make one.

Forum Resident
#86 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 2:03 AM
Those look great! I personally prefer bigger highlights, but that's just me. AWESOME!

P.S.
The PM I sent a while back,
You should try it! Just be careful.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#87 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 2:08 AM
Thanks! I usually do bigger highlights, but this time I wanted something darker and more mysterious, hence the name 'Mysterious Eyes'...

Yeah. I'll try your idea
Banned
Original Poster
#88 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 3:26 AM Last edited by Torako-Tiger-Girl : 16th Mar 2010 at 3:40 AM.
the Brilliance Eyes I made is directly to scale of a real eye. I compared it to a real eye and that's the size of a regular pupil of a regular person.

Oh and here's a more your guys's styled eye with a LARGE pupil and many highlights These ones are called "anime eyes" and kind of like lovetadraw's.
Screenshots
Banned
#89 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Ebonova : 16th Mar 2010 at 3:50 AM.
They're really nice! Remember to credit me when you upload!
Also you can blur around the edges of the pupil a bit.

EDIT:

Welcome to Ebonova's House of Horrors!
I'm making a new eyeset filled with monster and scary-themed eyes!
Here's an eye from my first set- Bloodshot:

Banned
Original Poster
#90 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 4:14 AM
WHOA that is scary *hides* and umm Alex, I kind of didn't use the link you emailed me. I was looking on the Sims Wiki and I found a tutorial... it turned out to be the same one you emailed me. I didn't use the template you sent either... as you can tell, mine is more roughish. But I will credit you anyway for your help

Maybe make the veiny thingies more transparent as they move into the iris. I don't think the bloodshot veins go over the iris in real life?

And btw about the blurring of the pupils - I'm using a mouse right now, but when I transfer these onto my other computer I'll use my Magical Happy Powers (aka tablet) to outline the eye in a thin black line that blurs nicely but for now ignore that...
Banned
#91 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 5:36 AM
Oh. Ok. Yeah, I got the tootorial from The Sims Wiki.
The veiny thingies don't actually go over the iris, maybe it just looks like it cuz the eye color is red.
I'll have BS pics soon!
Forum Resident
#92 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 2:56 PM
Ick! those are gross, good job!

You use "lens flare" for the highlight don't you. I just use a white brush tool. Maybe next set I'll try your way. In fact there are a few things I'm gonna try!

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#93 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 12:24 AM
^Thankies!
Were you talking to me about the Lens Flare?
Cuz for that one I didn't use it, I did the white brush thing.
It's completely hand-painted (my first handpainted eye!) so I'm REALLY proud of it!
Banned
Original Poster
#94 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 12:43 AM
Who? Me? E are you talking bout me with the lens flare? You are right?

Does any one have anything to say about my eyes? Oh and btw here's a handpainted poop by me:

May have to change the outline :C thanks Alex...
Attached Images

Forum Resident
#95 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 12:56 AM
Yeah Torako, you. It's more realistic that way, but when I try it, it looks dead. I just use brush and select tools. Burn, blur, smudge, etc.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#96 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 3:36 AM
Here are 4 new Bloodshot eyes!
Tell me what you guys think!
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#97 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 3:36 AM
I used "burn" fo the first time today when I transferred that eye ^ up there in post 94 ^ to a stdmatbasetexturename thingie. Alex helped me make the sclera yayy Alex. But the full image is too big for Mod the Sims right now. I hand draw the one in post 94

And ebonova that one's pretty. I like how it looks faintly red, not too red just a little faint. Maybe make the colors more dull though? That's what happens when your eyes get bloodshot - they lose a little colro and become more dullish and blehy.
Banned
#98 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 4:37 AM
Oh, I see...

Thanks so much :D
Hmm... yeah, I might dull the colors a bit, especially blue, but I really like how they turned out and don't want to tweak too much in case I mess something up :D
Banned
#99 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 2:20 AM
I have yet ANOTHER eyeset!

I think I'll stop working on the Mysterious eyes thing, handpainting is so much better :D

It's called Precious Stones, and it's completely handpainted!
Big thanks to Nina for her amazing tutorial

There are 16 eyes in the set, here are 3:
Ruby (the red one), Turquoise (the bluey one), and Emerald (the green one)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#100 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:33 PM Last edited by lovetadraw : 18th Mar 2010 at 1:43 PM.
Goodie goodie goodie gumdrop.

Pink kitty, I feel bad about forgetting your colour, so here. I've finished the texture, I'll put it in BS later.
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...

Page 4 of 12