Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Idola3

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 24th Dec 2013 at 2:55 PM - Updated 24th Dec 2013 at 6:52 PM by HystericalParoxysm

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 61 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 3:17 PM
nanatoana - The version with genital details will be.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 3:36 PM
OMG, I felt like a pixie doll when i compared this skin to mine 0.0 i love you HP <3
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 3:50 PM
Well done, HP!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 4:11 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! Ohmigawd my computer may explode, but thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:40 PM
I love you! This looks so amazing! Thank you, thank you!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:50 PM
Woohoo! I like very much! Thank you. :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 7:11 PM
So well-done and realistic, really amazing
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 8:30 PM
Thanks HP! Will use this for sure
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:50 PM
This is amazing - the attention to detail, - just wow!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 5:04 AM
These are gorgeous! Thank you so much!
(((Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, HystericalParoxysm)))
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 5:35 PM
HystericalParoxysm, why you are so great? I love it!
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yay! I loved your TS2 skins so I'm adding this to my game straight away :) Thank you <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 1:29 PM
Thank you for the beautiful skin tones and elegantly smooth musculature. I'm looking forward to seeing them in-game.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 8:36 PM
Not that i understand much of sims 3,but WOW!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 1:30 AM
Superb!
Love it! They are way more realistic looking, and the darker skin tones are absolutely goregerous compared to the in game's pre-defaults; as well as the pale. Now I finally feel like tuning my sims in more contrasted and vibrant color tones. Thanks a lot. Moreover : My biased love for these relocates back to your sims2 precursors, actually..
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 5:12 PM
This is the first HQ skin I've ever installed. I don't know if it's that or your skin specifically, but everything looks amazing now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 5:57 PM
I love the variety of skin tones! So beautiful :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 3:54 PM
i'm so excited right now - I loved these skins for TS2. Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 1:58 AM
Beautiful artistry! My computer would probably asplode' but hey, a girl can appreciate. BTW, pic 5: intentional impending tush squeeze? ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 7:11 PM
Absolutely beautiful skin! The attention to detail is amazing! Well done
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 5:19 PM
I am confused. When downloading Buhu's You Are Real skins - what exactly is it that I should be downloading in an effort to make it more real? Also, can you explain for me - I've not been in the community for about two years and now I'm back so forgive me - the difference of using the HQ mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 5:42 AM
Got the A-C version.. Thanks for all that you do!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:42 AM
alverdine - Yes! I was just using random poses but those two lined themselves up like that and I just had to leave it. And possibly to make them a couple in my game now.

ollyoxenfree- I can try to explain. You Are Real (which I'll call YRL) modifies the bump mapping for the skin, so when you zoom in close, you'll see what looks like an actual texture to the skin - not just painted on texture but actual ever so slight bumpy texture. It's most obvious in areas like the lines of the lips, fingernails, and toenails - males also have a lot of nice detailing on their hands and arms, and it adds a slight nipple bump to both genders (which I've matched in placement on my skin). It's only noticeable in extreme close-up, and even then, it's subtle. I've added some of the texturing of YRL to my skins directly, both so it matches closely and to increase the effect, but to really get the full thing you need YRL too. You can download the default replacement versions there - both male and female, and it's up to you if you want the 18+ version or not (they will match the anatomical versions of my skins, if you get those).

The HQ mod... well... the way the game renders sim textures is to collage them together into a single image, reducing the size of each individual texture element in the process. It improves rendering to do it this way rather than separate textures, but it also reduces the quality of the textures. You can see this most dramatically on sim bodies and clothing - you'll get pixellated bits, or patches of odd pixel colours, especially on dark skin (due to a rendering quirk, all issues are more obvious/worse on dark skin). What the HQ mod does is increase the size of that collaged-together texture file, so each texture element is larger, and thus clearer in-game. It says it's not meant for normal gameplay, but... well, I do use it with normal gameplay and on the highest setting, but I have a very strong computer.

Does that make sense? If not, lemme know I can throw more words at you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 2:29 PM
This is absolutely incredible! I've yet to find a skin better suited to my (and, I'm sure, everyone's) sim needs! Is there any chance you would consider making a default version?
Page 1 of 3