Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Environment Lighting Tweaks v4.0 & v5.6.55 GOLD

by mahamudo Posted 18th Nov 2012 at 8:05 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 5:58 AM by mahamudo : 1.55 compatible, dynamic shadow updated.

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 11:17 PM
How well does this work with Seasons EP?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 7:46 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 11:02 AM
Because Sunlit Tides is my favourite world, I'm gonna use this tweak to get that beautiful-warm weather and colours to the rest of the sims worlds. THANKS>>>
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:52 PM
This lighting mod is PERFECT. I just wanted to let you know how completely awesome it is - I've been searching for a few worlds to settle in, so in the past week have tried out literally dozens. Your lighting mod makes everything look spectacular, making selecting a world even more difficult! But, seriously, thank you. I love the sunrise/sunset colors - and the fact that you've kept days bright without excessive bloom. Fantastic work. Thank you so much!!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:58 PM
I love version 4.0. Maybe I'll try 5.0 soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:01 AM
I think that EA stoled your "Aurora" idea, btw best light mod ever^^
Scholar
#32 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:18 PM
i'm use v5.0 with season and latest patch and something weird happens. the very 1st time i try to load a town the game will crash but than it won't do it again until at least 3 loads later?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
i'm use v5.0 with season and latest patch and something weird happens. the very 1st time i try to load a town the game will crash but than it won't do it again until at least 3 loads later?

This is not a script or XML turning mod so it will never crash your game. It must be something wrong with other mods you have.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahamudo
Don't worry. This is not a functional mod of a core mod. This is just a default replacement. You also don't need to modify your world files. Just simply add this to your packages folder if you want or simply remove it if you don't like.

I was wondering why noone mentioned where to put the files. I knew it was suppose to go into my Sims 3 folders, but wasn't sure which ones. Now that you mention it, I know exactly where that folder is. I have been sifting through the mods, so I assumed it was suppose to go into that folder at least. Just needed cofirmation. Thanks
Scholar
#35 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahamudo
This is not a script or XML turning mod so it will never crash your game. It must be something wrong with other mods you have.

I've pinpointed it to this mod done various tests soon as i removed this it never crashed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
I've pinpointed it to this mod done various tests soon as i removed this it never crashed.

I guess you have something conflict with this or you didn't install it properly.
This mod only contains dds texture and ini for weather expressions. Losing any of them will make the game system to use world default lighting setting files.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 5:50 AM
Hey there Buhu. I was wondering about the size of MiddleSunMoon. Is it an in-between of EA's and the "Big" version or is it actually smaller?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mur4s4me
Hey there Buhu. I was wondering about the size of MiddleSunMoon. Is it an in-between of EA's and the "Big" version or is it actually smaller?

EA's is the smallest.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 7:42 AM
Oh I love these! So pretty. No more smoggy looking days YAY!
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 1:05 PM
hello i realy love the mods i whas wondering what should i use in Aurora Skie s ? The new world from the store i like the light at nightfall but in the day it is so dark over there i have seasons ,
thankyou in advance for doing this it made my gameplay in Twinbrook an Moonlight Falls so much more happy and brighter
Instructor
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 9:40 PM
Does 5.5 include lighter or darker water? I really like the lighter water.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Does 5.5 include lighter or darker water? I really like the lighter water.

No. Only one kind of water. Sorry I do not take request this time. I think the reflection makes the water color beautiful enough.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 7:05 AM
Ugh, i love this mod so much. really realistic weather all days! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 2:06 AM
Very nice and I like the no .ini edit involved!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Sims3WrightFan
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 7:10 AM
very beautiful i love both versions
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 1:38 AM
thank you so much for making this!!! the default colors/tones in normal worlds like for example, sunset valley or bridgeport, are super eerie and very depressing!! then again sunlit tides is really annoying to travel in, takes ages to get from one side to the other. are these exactly the same colors as sunlit tides? and does this work with seasons?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:33 AM Last edited by Dujon15 : 30th Mar 2013 at 10:38 AM.
this is weird but when i use this i lose all reflcetions in water please help

EDIT i mean i lose all of the reflection of objects and the sunlight on the water

sorry i fixed it the prob was advanced rendering was off lol
Instructor
#48 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 7:50 AM
Is this compatible with water color tweaks?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 3:30 PM
I want to make sure I understand this...so this default replaces the EA ones. If I download a custom world that has custom .ini files, will this overwrite them? Looking at the Gold edition.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 7:18 AM
Wow! I am so glad I came across all of your mods. I downloaded all of them, by the way, and my world...is just...so beautiful, thanks to you. *sniff, sniff* T^T I could squeeze you, if I could! LOL! Thank you again. I look forward to more of your creations!
Page 2 of 4