Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2021 at 8:16 PM
Prison set and working jail
I know that on SIMLOGICAL you can find PRISON SET for working jail/prison. But (since I have never tried it) is it OWNABLE BUSINESS only? Can it work on unowned community lots? Is there (on some other site) a similar PRISON/JAIL SET system?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th May 2021 at 9:16 PM
You can use the simlogical set on ownable businesses and regular residential lots. In fact, I think most people use it on a residential lot where they have a sim or sims acting as police & jailers.

I haven't seen another prison set around, especially since you can move other sims in with mods to get them on the lot. The main thing is making sure sims don't show up elsewhere in the neighborhood when they're supposed to be in prison--Inge's prisoner tag + the visitor controller helps with that.

If you're unsure about it, check out the tips at the bottom of the prison set download page here as well as a few threads I found on MTS:
Do you use a prison system in your neighborhood?
How you guys implement prisons on your game?
And Running Institutions (i.e Schools) on Residential Lots might be helpful for general tips on running institutions and lots where you need to manage a bunch of sims.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2021 at 10:03 PM
Defo wouldn't work on community lots. I've tried to run one on a residential lot but to be honest it was a lot of work and required a lot of sims. I kept some of the cosmetic parts and mock up my own prisons now if I want one, not using the mod.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...