Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 7:27 PM
Default Something nobody knows about (insert sim here)...
Inspired by the many "what did you do with..." threads and a meme I stumbled across while digging through some old LJs, I want to know some of your own head-canon secrets about the Maxis sims, or maybe your interpretation of a memory/biography that actually exists in game. Goofy, profound, or even dark skeletons locked deep away in a closet, let's hear some of your own personal secrets locked away in our favorite simmies. Of course, this is our own head canon, so anything goes! It can be canon, non-canon or completely nonsensical!

1.) Angela Pleasant writes fanfiction. She started writing about some of her favorite boy bands back in middle school, but by college, she's in 12 different fandoms. She frequently participates in anonymous memes and she's actually got a bit of a following on Simjournal.com.

2.) Don Lothario and Nina Caliente's first kiss went like this: they ended up together while playing 7 Minutes in Heaven in freshman year of high school, and they were both way too proud to back down. The kiss was awful (first kisses almost always are) but they both lied about it to help the other one save face. That's how Don got his reputation and the day they became best friends. (Their second kiss, as adults, is much better)

3.) Brandi loved Skip of course, but his lackadaisical attitude and inability to properly support his family caused her to think about a divorce. He died before she could get the papers drawn up and now that he's gone, she's ashamed she even considered it.

4.) Sometimes Cassandra Goth hates being a Goth. She's always compared to her mother who was a classy, elegant socialite and she's nothing like that. She's expected to make appearances at charity balls and political fundraisers, but she prefers being left to her own devices and would be happier out in the country somewhere with a loving husband and 2.5 kids.

5.) Kaylynn Langerak sometimes leaves little hints around the Pleasant household in an attempt to tip Mary-Sue off to Daniel's cheating ways. She hopes that this will split the marriage up and she'll be able to be with him once Mary-Sue is gone, just like he promised. Kaylynn is also... a little gullible.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 7:37 PM
Gilbert Jacquet is uncomfortable with committed romantic relationships; he doesn't feel that he does them well. This is especially ironic since Gilbert, through the medium of J'Adore Bakery, has kept many of Megahood's most at risk teens from dropping out and getting into serious trouble, and he loves children of all ages, and has never let one down, whether his own or not. He's more committed, and to more youngsters, than the family sims in town. He's also a kinetic learner and dyslexic, and truly understands the plight of his young employees who struggle with school.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:04 PM
Goopy Gilscarbo has a social disability, which is why he never really got the hint that people were reacting badly to his clothing choices. When he was a kid he drooled and that's where his nickname came from. He ticked off the school bullies, when he figured out what was going on, by keeping his face clean and happily appropriating the nickname. (His real name is Geoffrey.)
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:18 PM
servos can be vampires
#5 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 9:39 PM
(I only play one premade town- Pleasantview)

Alexander Goth- He had a terrible childhood, his mother missing most of his life and his father dying when he was a teen. He missed out on so much during his youth and keeps to himself. He usually only talks to his family (Cassandra, Darren, Anne, Thomas, & Blue Ivy). He started opening up to more people after falling in love with Lucy Burb, but now he's an evil warlock and takes his anger out on people after Lucy cheated on him. He keeps college life quite entertaining.

Cassandra Goth- She never fitted in with the Goths, she's into tinkering and technology, after her father died and brother went to college, she redecorated the family home. A TV and computer in Anne's room, since she likes movies and probably will write novels when she's older. Her son Thomas has cool toys, like the remote car. Her husband Darren's child from alien abduction, Blue Ivy, has an alien themed room. The house is quite different now since Cassandra's not into the old fashioned ways.

Jennifer Burb- She dreamed of being a soccer player but how come she changed all of a sudden? Her parents told her she wasn't good enough and so she took the easy way out, giving up her dreams to take care of her family.

Brandi Broke- (my favorite Sim in Pleasantview) It was her fault her husband died. She wanted a great life for her family so they spent the little the could on a pool. When Skip tested it out, it was so cheap and crappy he broke the ladder and drowned. She named one of her four sons Skip (she had twins in my game Ripp and Skip) in memory of her husband, because she loved him and wanted her sons life to have a happy ending. He's her favorite son. In my game, Brandi doesn't get remarried. It's a challenge to have a single parent with four sons, and I thought she could never replace Skip. They seemed like the happiest couple ever, I love looking at the photo of them in the bar, so cute!!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 9:56 PM
General Grunt tries not to let it make a difference, but he's never been 100% sure that Buck is his.

He also really, really wanted a little girl, who'd have curls and ribbons and lots of Barbies and take ballet lessons and dance on his feet and think her daddy hung the moon in the sky. Because you don't have to be so tough on girls; it's okay to indulge them a bit.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Alijah : 16th Feb 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
General Grunt tries not to let it make a difference, but he's never been 100% sure that Buck is his.

He also really, really wanted a little girl, who'd have curls and ribbons and lots of Barbies and take ballet lessons and dance on his feet and think her daddy hung the moon in the sky. Because you don't have to be so tough on girls; it's okay to indulge them a bit.

Oh, my heart!

Sharla Ottomas is a little disappointed in her mother; she vows to never give up her dreams or career in exchange for babies.

Ashley Pitts had a rough childhood, which is why he is so grumpy and unsociable. He knows he's unpopular, but doesn't let it show. If there's one thing he learned in his formative years, it's that you never let them see they're getting to you. Besides, being hated is way better than being a nobody.

Gilbert Jacquet really, really, really hates running the bakery. But it's easier than listening to the guilt trip he knows his mother will give him if he tries to sell it.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:34 PM Last edited by NewSimgirl2011 : 17th Feb 2013 at 1:19 AM. Reason: Couldn't sleep :D
This seems similar to my thread. Lol.

I'll come back with answers at a more reasonable time considering its 11:30pm right now. :D

Edit:

I knew I would get disagrees... Anyways, I couldn't sleep so decided to give some views too.

John Burb: He'll never be able to live life on his own without a wife there. See when John was a child, he was constantly told that he couldn't do anything that he wasn't worth anything as he couldn't even stand on his own two feets. I think that's the reason he married someone as strong as Jennifer, she brought out the best in him even though alot of people didn't..(some still don't) have faith in the relationship. I really think John thought to himself that if he couldn't amount to much career wise that he was going to make dam sure that he was a good dad; Lucy was unplanned at the time but in my current game Jen's second pregnancy was planned...but not by Jen I should say.

Dina Caliente: I really think something bad happened to Dina during her childhood that she had this fascination with older men for a while hence the reason for Michael and Mortimer. Think after some therapy sessions she worked through her issues and has changed her ways hence the reason she's planning her wedding to Don at this moment of time within my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimgirl2011
This seems similar to my thread. Lol.

While it was semi-inspired by that conversation, this is sort of a different vein of that same thought. This was just a goofy question asking anybody to share any secrets or guilty pleasures that they felt like their sims may have rather than any serious question about where they are taking their particular stories and why, even though the two are closely linked.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alijah
Sharla Ottomas is a little disappointed in her mother; she vows to never give up her dreams or career in exchange for babies.

Oh man. I really think Dora Ottomas is disappointed in her son. He's a bit of a sleaze, whistling at every woman who comes along and wearing that horrible sportscaster moustache, while his wife is stuck at home popping out babies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:20 AM
Haha, I love the mustache! I think Peter wants to be Burt Reynolds so bad he can taste it.
Instructor
#12 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alijah
While it was semi-inspired by that conversation, this is sort of a different vein of that same thought. This was just a goofy question asking anybody to share any secrets or guilty pleasures that they felt like their sims may have rather than any serious question about where they are taking their particular stories and why, even though the two are closely linked.

Similar but different totally agree! Lol.

I think I answered the question a lil serious...my bad ... I'm 'kinda' 'somewhat' a serious person...Lol. You're looking at a Knowledge/Family Person right here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimgirl2011
Similar but different totally agree! Lol.

I think I answered the question a lil serious...my bad ... I'm 'kinda' 'somewhat' a serious person...Lol. You're looking at a Knowledge/Family Person right here.

Serious secrets are a-ok too
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:39 AM
Love this thread!
1. Angela secretly (or maybe not so secretly) likes to stick it to her sister. She flirts with Dirk and gets him interested in her because she is really jealous of Lilith and her free-wheeling nature.
2. Kaylynn wants nothing more than a husband and lots of babies. She doesn't want to be a whoo-re (think the way Danny Devito says it), but loves Woo-Hoo!! She secretly knows that if she channeled her desires she would have everything she wants.
3. Herb Oldie really envies Don Lothario. He wishes he was young and could have any woman he wants!
4. Cassandra is a gullible loser. Since she is homely, she believes anything Don says and wants Don to be what he says he is, but she will believe anything he tells her, including, "You can't get pregnant the first time!" Oops! Bella Rose will be a teen soon and Don is still avoiding Cass's phone calls.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 2:32 AM
Malcolm Landgraab IV's teenhood was spent dreadfully alone in a mansion filled with useless heirlooms as an orphan. Despite being a A+ student in his childhood, his grades dropped. He had to drop out of high school and paid the mortgage by drug dealing. He cleaned up his act when he grew up into an adult, but spent most of his money opening a club, leaving him with only 20k in monetary possession.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 2:59 AM
Though intellectually they know better, each of the Grunts believes in his heart of hearts that it's his fault Lyla left, and if he hadn't been so naughty/smartmouthed/stupid/self-involved, she'd still be alive.

Sorry, guys; this family just breaks my heart.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 3:02 AM
How about this: judging by the way they LOOK (& act) Pascal is sweet, maybe gay, and the youngest; Vidcund is the oldest, serious & mean; and (what's his name?) is just a lazy slob - how did he get a job as a scientist?! But NONE of this is actually true! I never let them marry, sometimes I let the authorities take the babies (makes for interesting adoptions) -- I've played them many times. And that rediculous house - I always gut it.

Um -- I'll have to go look for some dark "secrets"...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 5:15 AM
Olive Specter really did murder all those people. She doesn't give a sweet patooty about who knows it, and she'll kill anyone who tries to turn her into the authorities.
Why? Because they irritated the living crap out of her. Who would miss these total losers?
Husbands? Who needs men, anyway? Olive got where she was by taking care of them and herself.
She's a few days away from the grave, and looking to put a few more notches on her scythe. She's been in competition with ole' Grimmy forever..and they have been close before.
The rumors are true, too. She did have a child with Grim, and it was only after she summoned him via a witchcraft spell. After their torrid one-night stand, she tried to make contact with him by any means possible, but he wasn't taking her calls. Desperate for his attention, she started her own graveyard. Late at night she can be heard muttering, "I'll get you back if it takes 200 people in this yard, Grim!"
Every time he shows up to take a soul, he just shakes his head and says, "Olive, we just can't keep meeting like this! People are beginning to talk!"
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Late at night she can be heard muttering, "I'll get you back if it takes 200 people in this yard, Grim!"
Every time he shows up to take a soul, he just shakes his head and says, "Olive, we just can't keep meeting like this! People are beginning to talk!"

Oh my God, I freaking love this story!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 11:59 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 17th Feb 2013 at 8:56 PM.
In my headcanon, Skip Broke was an abusive husband. This is mostly inspired by his horrible, horrible ghost who cracks his knuckles at Brandi while thinking about her with a cross over her face. So I've decided he promised her the world when they got married, then couldn't get a good job. He blamed her for having the children while at the same time refusing to allow her to get a job because he couldn't stand the thought of his wife earning more money than him and also not having dinner on the table when he got home. He'd torment her with verbal abuse and slaps. Then one day he attacked her. She ran out of the house and jumped over the unfinished pool. He fell in and she left him there to drown. She feels guilty... but not remorseful. Especially once she discovered Dustin turned to crime to pay back his daddy's secret gambling debts that came to light when he died. As soon as this baby's born, she's getting a job, maybe in culinary because she's a great cook, then she can take over the debt and Dustin can go to college.

ETA: I'm guessing whoever disagreed with me hasn't spent a night with Skip the Asshole Angry Ghost. Even his newborn baby children were scared of him!
#21 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:57 PM
Lucy Burb is depicted as a bitch in my game, but really she just wants to be loved. How come her parents want another baby when she's a teen, and not when she was a toddler? Her parents wanted more than one kid, they just weren't ready for Lucy, she was an accident. She saw how much they favored her younger sister Amanda and how they spoiled her with love, and Lucy feels cheated. She hates her sister receiving a warm welcome and so much love when Lucy got nothing. She packed up her bags earlier than planned and left for college. At college she felt loved for the first time by Alexander Goth. But with her slutty clothes, loads of makeup, and pretty face she received a lot of attention, unlike her life as a child. She reacted by flirting with all the guys and Alexander caught her and broke up with her. She thought it'd be easy to find a new love interest, but no one really liked her. So now she's just a lonely slut. I honestly loved this couple and it was sad to see them fight. But they both changed too much to ever go back.

Nina Caliente and Don Lothario are soul mates. They shared their first kiss and have a successful marriage. Yes, both discreetly cheat on each other but if they do get caught they try to fix their relationship. They don't really care if they're cheated on, they just don't want their son Angel to be upset. He's an adorable kid! Looks just like his daddy <3 Nina and Don are just meant to be.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:44 PM
Cassandra is secretly jealous of her brother, she was the light of her parent's eyes, then he the male heir was born. Because of this she is determined she, unlike her parents, will be the perfect mother and wife.

Dina liked that Mortimer had money, but mainly because she was so poor as a child, she swears, HER children will never have to deal with the repo man.

Nina didn't actually burn down Don's house, but she is willingly taking the blame.

John and Jen Burb were best friends as children who everyone expected to fall in love and marry, John loved Jen, Jen loved that John let her do whatever she wanted. (Although eh did draw the line at her being a criminal while he was a cop.)

Mary Sue truly loved Daniel, it hurt her that he cheated on her, but she loved him too much to let him go. Her determination to keep him no matter what the cost created the problems in their family. Lilith couldn't understand why her mother was such a door mat and Angela determined that as long everything looked perfect outside their home no one would ever know their problems.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 1:46 AM Last edited by A-chana : 18th Feb 2013 at 10:09 PM.
EDIT: Separated these into lighter ones and darker ones, because upon review I realized the tone swings way too hard from headcanon to headcanon.

I think Angela being a ficwriter is perfect for her, and I imagine that Lilith would also write fics. And while they would have different writing styles (silly humor and grimdark angst respectively), if they could just see past their differences they would find that they both have a love for cheesy romance. And then they discover that they support rival ships.

This crosses over into Sims 3 and the hilarity that is its place in the timeline, but I like to think that Kaylynn Langerak somehow got in possession of a huge Elixir of Life supply and chugs it down like it's delicious booze. She likely keeps her hopes high enough to safely drink it by cleaning houses and getting swept up in new romances with "the one" (read: Don and Daniel, neither of which are probably "the one").

Growing up, Jason O'Mackey really, really liked the many green-skinned women in fantasy and sci-fi stories. Gabe was aware of this and used to joke that he'd hook up with either a hot alien babe or the Wicked Witch of the West. He wasn't surprised in the least that he married one of the PlantSims from the colony they encountered, or that he changed his legal surname to Greenman. Gabe's new theory? Jason will literally explode with glee if he meets an alien-plant hybrid who happens to be a witch. (We hope Gabe does not teach this theory to the students in his biology class.)

- - -

When/if something fundamentally alters how Cassandra views other people (the obvious possibilities being Don betraying her or Mortimer marrying Dina), she'll give herself a new hairstyle. The pigtails were the last vestiges of her childhood innocence, and now that all the things she took for granted are slipping away, she's ready to start anew and face the world as an adult.

Pollination Technician #9 was involved in the kidnapping of Bella, who was then subjected to experimental techniques that nearly killed her. When it became obvious it had damaged her mentally and wiped her memories, the aliens in charge of her care unceremoniously dumped her in a town far away from where they picked her up. This was the biggest factor in why PT9 abandoned his life with the aliens. As for just what kind of life he was leaving behind, while I don't know the specifics, the Sims Wikia mentions this from the Sims 2 PSP game:

Jimmy Phoenix's troubles in his past may have been about his sexuality and/or his gender identity. He's thus severed ties with everyone he knew, even his own parents, because they continuously abused him and tried to change him. However, he still has some fears that the people he meets in college will do the same thing, which results in him being very guarded in romantic and intimate relationships. His college years would be about him overcoming the effects of that abuse.

Phoebe Adams and Frances McCullough are the newest leaders in a long-standing war between magical factions, and they need more manpower in the fight against each other. They're each hoping to recruit a Cordial sister, even though they're both aware that it could drive the sisters apart once again. They both believe that it's a just sacrifice and that their chosen sister will become a champion witch who will easily outclass the other sister and then get over having to defeat or even kill her. The surviving sister will never move on from this if it happens.

- - -

Finally, in general, I like to retroactively add things from EPs to base game characters or characters from different EPs. For example, Cassandra strikes me as someone who would go to a fancy university, as she was in private school and she has a boatload of money, so I alter her so that she has a degree in something relevant to science. I give Mary-Sue a bronze talent badge in pottery and art as her predestined hobby to reflect how she enjoyed pottery in the past. Jared Starchild seems to fit with the then-unavailable Pleasure aspiration better than with Family, so as a compromise I change him to Pleasure/Family. Usually when I first load a house that didn't come from Freetime, I spend a few minutes studying each characters' interests, biography, and job and pick a predestined hobby and secondary aspiration that might suit them.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 7:59 AM
Secret tales of Brightwood Hills - Part 1

Trent and Trisha Traveller.. Now, Maxis tells us they went travelling after Trent dropped out of busy business life. Here's what really happened. Trent's family was Old Money, so when Trent Traveller Senior passed away, his son came into a pile of money and took his "fling of the week" Trisha on a trip around the world.

Back home five years later, flat broke and with a child in tow, Trent and Trisha found his uncles handling all the family business, and all Trent's private assets spend to the last simoleon.

Through the good-will of his uncles, Trent, Trisha and Tina was placed in the Suburgatory that is Brightwood Hills to fend for themselves. Needless to say marriage went down the hill and little care was given to daugther Tina. Trisha burried herself in work and Trent developed an addiction to all things spacy.

"Because I can" Trent fathered an alien baby girl "Andy". Once the novelty of Baby Andy wore off (around first diaper change) Teen daugther Tina became prime care giver for her half sister.

The same day Tina turned a legal adult she left the home of her parents, with her toddler sister in a sports bag. She now fends for herself and her sister, plus another adopted girl.

Phone calls are sparse and holidays awkward.

Now how's that for dirt?

(Needless to say, I love this bunch!)

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A-chana
I think Angela being a ficwriter is perfect for her, and I imagine that Lilith would also write fics. And while they would have different writing styles (silly humor and grimdark angst respectively), if they could just see past their differences they would find that they both have a love for cheesy romance. And then they discover that they support rival ships.

I love this, hahaha! I love the idea of Angela and Lilith both end up being fanatics of some show like Dr. Who and when they find out about the other, that's when they start to repair their relationship. Unbeknownst to them, Angela's favorite romance fic is actually written by Lilith.
Page 1 of 4