Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Antique Bakery Set - Decorative foods and more

by mdhttr323 Posted 5th Jun 2006 at 8:40 PM - Updated 16th May 2011 at 10:36 PM by mdhttr323

468 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 438 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 19
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I didn't think about it at first (until I actually began placing them in my bakery, and with the mention of the disappearance above) but if these go onto shelves using moveobjects on, when they are set for sale and bought, and then one switches from live to buy/build mode, the restock sign will disappear and reappear across the lot on the other side of the road near the vehicle exit portal...
...I reported my findings on Numenor's thread for the hack... at this point to me it looks like it comes down to that darn cooler. Perhaps a hacked version of the cooler could be created that does not require moveobjects to place other objects inside, or the hack updated to also work for the coolers, or... something. In the mean time, I'm going to just use these on shelves and tables and hope there's another option to fix the issue soon.

Thanks for all your effort and research into this! I'm definitely going to continue using these excellent objects in my bakery anyway, and I'll just replace them directly from the buy mode until there's a fix for it. This set is just too nice.
(Also, I've been using the ticket machine on my bakery property so that I easily make a profit. I have a couple of fun objects on the property, ie, a swing set and card table, to keep customers' interest.)
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdhttr323
I'm very sorry about this! I thought I tested it but I guess I didn't pay enough attention. This is very distressing. I will try to find a way today to get them to be saleable in coolers (and eventually make real food with them) but hopefully find a quicker fix for today. Maybe I can make a shelf look like a cooler...? I'm going to go try now.

mdhttr323
Even with this little problem, this project is a masterpiece! Looking forward to your later developments
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#153 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:59 PM
I also meant to thank HystericalParoxysm for trying to find a fix, but left it off because of distractions from a million things in the house right now --but I appreciate that SO much, seriously. I'm more of an artist than a programmer and I hardly know what to do about it. I looked at the shelves thing, and that's definitely not going to work because the surfaces are so vastly different and the way the items arrange themselves are too different. It'd be ugly. I asked about creating custom surfaces a few days ago on the SimPE boards and was given some vague information and told that it wasn't for beginners.

I'm not going to be happy until I get this working as more than decoration, though, so I'm trying to find some tutorials for making food. So far I've only seen a cereal recoloring tut, so if anybody has any links that could help me, man, I'd need it so much!
Test Subject
#154 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:18 PM
One word... Beautiful.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:28 PM
Goodness! This set is absolutely stunning! Possibly the most gorgeous TS2 set I've EVER seen! And I truly mean that!! I'm in awe!
Field Researcher
#156 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:28 PM
brilliant i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Test Subject
#157 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Beatrice402 : 7th Jun 2006 at 1:11 PM.
Your Bakery is very dangerous. I can even smell the cake and bread. I get hungry, when I see all the delicious things you made.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:53 PM
WOW! Thank you.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#159 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:35 PM
YUM! You're making me hungry! :0)
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdhttr323
I looked at the shelves thing, and that's definitely not going to work because the surfaces are so vastly different and the way the items arrange themselves are too different. It'd be ugly. I asked about creating custom surfaces a few days ago on the SimPE boards and was given some vague information and told that it wasn't for beginners.

I'm not going to be happy until I get this working as more than decoration, though, so I'm trying to find some tutorials for making food. So far I've only seen a cereal recoloring tut, so if anybody has any links that could help me, man, I'd need it so much!

I really do hope you make them edible, that would fix the cooler-misplaced signs problem; but I like the buy only version too. About the shelf issue, maybe someone with more experience here could make the cooler into a regular shelf, like fiddling with the object placements, or maybe you could put together a new mesh shelf, cloned from a shelf, but looking different from that or the original cooler. Hope that makes sense.
Anywayz, I love your set and thanks for sharing it! I'll just put them on regular shelves for the time-being.
Field Researcher
#161 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:39 PM
Yowza! This is truly amazing work! I'm so impressed!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Test Subject
#162 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:40 PM
Wonderful! Thank You!
Test Subject
#163 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 6:06 PM
Stunning!! Just what i had always dreamt of having my bakery like! ooh i wish i was as super talented as you obviously are! :D
Test Subject
#164 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 6:10 PM
So utterly amazing that its utterly AMAZING!! What a fantastic set!! Thank you so very much.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 6:22 PM
this has left me speechless(which says a lot)it is fantastic i was really fed up with the shelfs not looking full enough and not having much choice so thankyou so very much i now feel like making a bakery again.
Test Subject
#166 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 6:28 PM
Amazing!!! Thank you!!
I love bread & cake very much..u know
Forum Resident
#167 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 6:33 PM
This set is so beautiful and detailed!!
This is the first time you made new objects?!? That is incredable! I can't wait to see what you will make next now that you have some experience.
And thank you so much for making collection file. This means I will actualy be able touse the full set. I have so many downloads it's easy for sets to get lost in my pages and pages of downloads.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#168 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 7:23 PM
Love it. Please continue to do more!
Test Subject
#169 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 7:25 PM
OMG!!!! Holy S**T That set is soooo awsome! :lovestruc Thank you very much for shareing this with us! :D
Test Subject
#170 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 7:30 PM
Thank you, beautiful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#171 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blubug
I really do hope you make them edible, that would fix the cooler-misplaced signs problem; but I like the buy only version too. About the shelf issue, maybe someone with more experience here could make the cooler into a regular shelf, like fiddling with the object placements, or maybe you could put together a new mesh shelf, cloned from a shelf, but looking different from that or the original cooler. Hope that makes sense.
Anywayz, I love your set and thanks for sharing it! I'll just put them on regular shelves for the time-being.

Yes, I like the idea of being able to have a few bread baskets to keep around that won't rot, so I will definitely keep the current set up, but I want an edible set as well. FoxieRoxieNYC has agreed to give me a run down on food creation in a day or so, when she has time. I wish that was sooner but I'm happy to get that much! Lol. So I will have that for you guys when I can do it.
Test Subject
#172 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 8:10 PM
OH MY GOD....!!I'm speechless!! Thank you for shareing!!!
Test Subject
#173 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 8:35 PM
I love it. Thank you so much! You really made my day.
Test Subject
#174 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 9:13 PM
Default Beautiful :)
OH I loved that , you did very well thanks much

Sim Clouds
Test Subject
#175 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 9:22 PM
amazing detail. Thanks
Page 7 of 19