Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

swim-pool surface tiles (20090601) + Gunmod's PS2 pool mod floor tiles (all game version compatible)

by niol Posted 1st Sep 2006 at 7:03 AM - Updated 14th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM by niol

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 10:02 PM
ooh, this is really cool

I will definitely find a use for these in my houses

Thanks!

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 10:07 PM
Great work Niol! They look awesome.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 10:24 PM
Wow these are fantabulous. Thankyou
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 10:29 PM
Wow, these are cool! Thank you!
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:13 PM
Amazing Niol they look great

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:13 PM
This is just neat! The effect of these tiles opens up all sorts of possibilities. Thank you very much for sharing your work.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:00 AM
I waited !!!
just awesome !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:54 AM
Okay, just so I got this right, these are floor tiles based off what the pool tiles look like? Or these go like, with the pool? Either way, these are awesome. Thanks for the hard work!

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:51 AM
Don;t know how to use em'...yet...but thanks - they're beautiful
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 3:27 AM
Boy this looks to be very interesting shall give them a try. Thank you for creating and sharing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:27 AM Last edited by niol : 13th Apr 2007 at 9:58 AM.
QwinsepiaSquared,
sorry I missed the post when I first read, the special effects rely on the pool material shader. This's not the real swim pool surface tile but properties grabbed from it.

Quote: Originally posted by sleighill
Don;t know how to use em'...yet...but thanks - they're beautiful

Good question coz I forgot to link this thread. Sorry..:P
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:12 AM
Great job, Thank you
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 1:13 PM
All the fake pools I've built weren't convincing at all, but it seems you finally solved this problem with your creation. I can't wait to try it. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 6:00 PM
wow! it's great!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:53 PM
can you make a zip? although I installed winrar, I still can't extract rars.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:38 AM Last edited by niol : 24th Jun 2007 at 6:45 AM.
I'm too slow that I couldn't imagine how one demands a zipped version by claiming being unable to decompress rar with winrar. Thanks for the laugh.

After all, have you tried to "reinstall" a new copy of WinRAR or 7-zip manager? :D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:25 PM
I just saw your link to this thread from another thread. I have Bon Voyage, and my graphics card can do water reflections. I didn't like Gunmod's lighting effects as much as the Maxis ones, if that is any relevance to this - I saw him mentioned in the filenames.

So which files do I need to download?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 8:35 PM Last edited by niol : 4th Oct 2007 at 8:57 PM.
The first set, MTS2_niol_Moi_SwimpoolSurfaceTile.rar.

Thanks... a big bunch

As for the mod, forget it for now coz I'm updating it as well as some others...
Can't explain why I'm feeling fatigue most of the time... Have to do more exercises...
#21 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
The first set, MTS2_niol_Moi_SwimpoolSurfaceTile.rar.

Thanks... a big bunch

As for the mod, forget it for now coz I'm updating it as well as some others...
Can't explain why I'm feeling fatigue most of the time... Have to do more exercises...

If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, the days are getting shorter. This time of the year makes any fatigue worse anyway. Peter suffers a lot of fatigue since developing epilepsy a couple of years ago, and he always has to have more days off work at this time of year.

Did you find out *why* the sea is reflective in beach lots, but not in normal waterside lots? I don't mean in terms of explaining the shader, I mean why does the game display it one way on a beach lot and another way on non-beach lots. Is the shader definition stored *with* the lot somehow?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 1:53 PM Last edited by niol : 5th Oct 2007 at 8:50 PM.
Although the shader has the graphical definitions of the "ocean" (they call it) reflection, it really depends on which material path is called to run. Also, it can depend on the infra-structures of the "sea"/"beach"/"ocean". When the structure hasn't the part for vector reflection, even if the material pathway is pointing at it, that just won't work properly. Then, the hint should probably remain among the differences in these lot files. Generally speaking, probably among the scenegraphic files. But, it can be on the effect files as well as mater name text lists for bhav if any. For better or worse, it can be a holder object.

Tweaking of the essences may work, hopefully.

My budget to buy the EP is here, but I'll have to wait for something done before using it for my goods. So, I'll eventually get it. hopefully in a few days.
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 8:39 PM
Finally!! I got time to test these. Yes I can confirm they do reflect. The only problem, which of course did not show up in the pond water as that is always on ground level anyway, is that these tiles even if you put them on a foundation or as a flat roof on full height walls, they always reflect as if they were at ground level. For example if you make a room, and put these on top of it and stand a tall tree with the top of it overhanging these tiles, they show the reflection starting from the bottom of its trunk, which is actually a whole floor below them.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:16 PM
That's the floor tile reflection by means of the PS2 pool surface pass function... :D
I can just make non wavy version for reflective tiles.

I'm planning to add the old reflective floor back to see if that works with this at the same time...

The thing is the swimpool stages and the floor grid layers are very similar in structure and now even the lotskirt layer for the the beach.

BTW, does it take a swimpool product to activatethe reflection?
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:27 PM
Yes I needed to place a swimming pool. Before I did that I had the animations but no reflection.

Page 1 of 2