Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 8:52 AM
can't wait for it... it is supposed to be out by now... xD it is already 3:51 P.m. here. hahaha
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 7:06 PM
There is so much wasted space in the mountains, yet they crammed everything on the edges... WTF!?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#128 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 7:52 PM
Hidden Springs is available now in the store for $22.50USD: http://store.thesims3.com/customPro...=OFB-SIM3:38987
Mad Poster
#129 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 8:25 PM
I actually like the way the world looks, I guess I'm just a sucker for mountains and forest and all that. I'm not buying it though, it's too pricy for a world.

For those who have it:
1. What's with the eggplant ? is it really a new harvestable?
2. What about all the magic hints,
Quote:
Many cannot resist rumors of the seemingly miraculous healing powers that linger in the woods and waters
is there anything to it, or just a sales pitch?
Quote:
or even uncover ancient mysterious at the Museum of Magic and Supernatural.
Is there a tomb in the museum? or what' is this about?

Then lastly, for EA. Why did they have to make all the Sims in the place look so dull and defaulty. Shame on you - start using sliders.
Forum Resident
#130 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Hidden Springs is available now in the store for $22.50USD: http://store.thesims3.com/customPro...=OFB-SIM3:38987

lol - "limited sale price!!1" As if lowering the too-high price of 25$ down to $22.50 is going to make more people buy it. XP

I'm trying to decide by picture if this hilly map comes with it's own Distant Terrain or not.
I might be able to convince family that this would be a good X-mas present for me, if I get new building materials out of it...
Theorist
#131 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There is so much wasted space in the mountains, yet they crammed everything on the edges... WTF!?

People don't live on sharp mountains like that, at least most of the time. I don't see anything wrong with it, actually I think that the mountains are the only thing that looks good.

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#132 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 10:06 PM
I don't want them to love on the mountains, I want EA to make better use of the space. >.<

Go to an art class, they'll tell you about wasted space. I'd rather they put a colony of green Sims in the area with the mountains as a forest (reworked, of course) rather than have the town and the forest so pushed together.

@ani_: The museum is so... portly done. The items in the museum are from the base game and they aren't portrayed as magical at all, just on display. They didn't even try.

Retired
retired moderator
#133 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 11:48 PM
I have a review of the world and the CAW possibilities it brings us, with screenshots: http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...ngs_by_EA_Store

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#134 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 12:26 AM
I've checked the Fountain of Youth's script. Here it's what it does:

The "Drink" option will always work and it will reduce the Sim's lifespan by one day (à la Life Fruit), it can't be used by Sims that bought the "Age Freeze" lifetime reward. Drinking from the fountain can be done by children or older Sims.

The "Wish for Youth" interaction has three possible outcomes: do nothing (happens 90% of the time), fail (happens 5% of the time; removes the "Dislikes Children" trait, or a random trait if the Sim doesn't have that one, and replaces it with the Childish trait), and grant the wish (happens 5% of the time, resets age). It looks like the chances are not influenced by the Lucky or Unlucky trait. Wishing costs §25 and only young adults or older Sims can do it.
Retired
retired moderator
#135 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:45 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 26th Aug 2011 at 6:06 AM.
Further to my review: They have left a whole inaccessible island without any derouting paint. There are a couple of holes in the derouting paint because they evidently have not turned off the flora layer while painting.

There is also what looks to be a disconnected road right in the middle of town. Edit: Scrap that, the road appears to be designed to look disconnected when it's not. SMRT.

I have downgraded the playability score in my review to 3/10 from 9/10 on the basis of these really painfully basic mistakes.

There are no spawners missing from this world except Uncommon Lake 2, and you can catch all the fish that spawner spawns from others. ^_^

Test Subject
#136 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 2:22 AM
thanks for the review kiwi, dropping knowledge!!!.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 3:21 AM
The auto-lot placement for ambitions is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad... This is partly due to lot sizes. EA seems not to care. =/

Scholar
#138 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:13 AM
Looks like I have some kind of bias with EA now, because Hidden Springs looks kind of pretty but it makes me sick just by looking at it. D:
Mad Poster
#139 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:47 AM
Thanks for the review, kiwi_tea. It helped me decide whether or not to buy it. Can't believe about the routing (derouting?) errors - and in something they're charging so much for.
Retired
retired moderator
#140 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 5:14 AM
Routing errors caused by derouting paint.

Forum Resident
#141 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:03 AM Last edited by skmt999 : 26th Aug 2011 at 2:42 PM.
Yikes.

So, not only is it priced high enough that your average player won't get it - those of us who eventually DO, are going to be faced with a fixer-upper? My folder of routing fix downloads is getting ridiculous already! I shudder at the thought of all the work I'll have to put in should I need to reinstall everything now. XP

But.... I want those paints. The cracked sidewalk is great! And as I suspected, a NICE distant terrain. Hm.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 10:10 AM
Okay, I just opened up the world and took a look at some of the lots, how the world is set up. Since I don't know the mechanics of CAW, I don't usually see the same things that those whom do know CAW, I can only give my review as a player. I do like there is a developed area of town and a rural part with the dirt roads and metal bannister type fencing that actually ends the road, making a proper dead end.

I don't usually use the homes and community lots EA have in the world, not my cup of tea, but I was pleasantly surprised that some of the lots are decent. Like the larger pool lot, I like that one. Have been planning on reducing the pool size, add some hot tubs, and a LN bar. Will remove the indoor pool and make it an eating and dancing area, this could be a nice party venue. The Ambitions lot placement will be changed since I use my own created lots for that. I can see my Sims living in Hidden Springs and I can enjoy it. It will take me a couple of days to set it up. Hope it plays okay, but that will be another post.

I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find where the fountain of youth was located, then found out on the official forums you have to place it yourself. So there you go EA, hyping up a world with false bravado, having simmers looking for something that doesn't exist yet in game play. I never listen to that crap anyway, especially since it's not an EP.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#143 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
farted on by a seasick rainbow

Best descriptive ever

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Mad Poster
#144 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 12:17 PM
I saw in the objects there's also a Fountain of Lethe. Does that have a special property?
Scholar
#145 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 12:30 PM
Nope, it's just a normal fountain (I think...).

Can anyone tell me, or at least PM me for the Fountain of Youth place??? I just want to know, and I'm tired of searching. Is it on a lot, or in the world, but off-lot???

Hey there! :)
Forum Resident
#146 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Does anyone have the same problem? I downloaded Hidden Springs but I cannot install it. It says that I need to update my game but my game is already up to date. What is wrong?

I had problems too so I updated the Origin downloader and it was fine. Try updating that

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Forum Resident
#147 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I don't have problems downloading the world but installing. It means I have the file Hidden Springs.Sims3Pack but I cannot install it with Launcher even though I have the latest patch 1.24 and Generations. I downloaded Origin but it doesn't do anything.

Ah sorry! Only thing I can think of is deleting the world then re-download, the download may have been interupted for a split second corupting the file prehaps. If that doesn't do it then some head bashing may be required.........

Top Secret Researcher
#148 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 3:33 PM
I might maybe get it for the items when they drop the price to 400.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#149 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Nope, it's just a normal fountain (I think...).

Can anyone tell me, or at least PM me for the Fountain of Youth place??? I just want to know, and I'm tired of searching. Is it on a lot, or in the world, but off-lot???

You have to place the fountain of youth on your own. It has not been placed in the world.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/427392.page

Third post down, SimGuruPop Tart said to place the fountain in the world yourself.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#150 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:30 PM
Thanks for the review kiwi_tea and lewisb40. I can't afford to get it and I honestly hope they bring the price down by ALOT!! Kinda like Riverview perhaps... I know... I can dream. But it looks pretty.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 6 of 13