Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
#51 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 1:04 PM
Is that extra DOS window always supposed to be there when you use Blender? First I got it with the error messages of not finding the Python, and when I installed the Python, the DOS window still opens basically saying that everything is fine, but if I close it, the whole Blender closes. Is there no way to close that DOS window, or to stop it from popping up in the first place?
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 8:24 AM
Ignorantbliss,
it's always there at least for me,
it's a sort of log that registers everything you import and export, too
I just minimalize and ignore it you can always hope it'll get the message and go away by itself
Part-time Hermit
#53 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 8:50 AM
Ahh, ok then, I guess I'll just have to live with it. Good to know it's not a malfunction, at least.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:47 PM
that JWoods start to finish link displays this:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please post in the Site Issues forum or if the above link doesn't work, email us.

When a girl hates you; the way she hates you, she really likes you.... That's basic "KiNDERGARTEN PSYCHOLOGY"
Part-time Hermit
#55 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jerzidoll
that JWoods start to finish link displays this:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please post in the Site Issues forum or if the above link doesn't work, email us.

I think that's because recently the JWoods tutorial topic was accidentally moved to another forum and then back. Someone will have to change the old links to link to the new one .

This link should work: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 5:18 PM
MuchThx2Bliss-JWood Tut.
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
I think that's because recently the JWoods tutorial topic was accidentally moved to another forum and then back. Someone will have to change the old links to link to the new one .

This link should work: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795

Thank You very much Bliss, i also was wondering if they had an object tutorial for MilkShape 3d ?

When a girl hates you; the way she hates you, she really likes you.... That's basic "KiNDERGARTEN PSYCHOLOGY"
Part-time Hermit
#57 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jerzidoll
Thank You very much Bliss, i also was wondering if they had an object tutorial for MilkShape 3d ?

In that same link there is a Milkshape tutorial (that's the original one, the Blender and others were added later on)
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 4:13 AM
i wonder if they how have tut like that for everything else... omg that would be a big help for people like me.... i need easy examples like that to understand everything

if theres a link please post it. thanks a lot
Part-time Hermit
#59 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 7:59 PM
Lethe, would you fix the broken link in the first post leading to the JWoods object tutorial? The thread was accidentally moved a while ago and now all links to it are broken.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 10:06 PM
eep, missed that one

done
Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 1:59 AM
thanks yous...I also justist adore the avy*
*my bad spelling is really just the way I would pronounce it,words are always having ifs and such on them.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 10:43 AM
Thanks a lot Lethe_s. I loved your tutorial. Thanks for the blender tutorial site.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 2:39 PM
i tried to do the table but every time i do the first few stages of using uvmapper (you know the one when you load the the table and it shows the table), it says there is no tabletop, one of the materials are missing and my hair is being pulled out, what should i do?
Part-time Hermit
#64 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:06 PM
Are the groups there before you get to the uv-mapping part?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 8:57 PM
you mean the table?
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 2:40 AM
what the? how do I open it.. I don't know how to open a .rar...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#67 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 6:53 AM
rar files are like zip files (only different)
You can either search download.com and get a rar extractor
or get q-xpress and click the q-xpress link to download using it:
http://qxpress.modthesims2.com/
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Xeek : 9th Feb 2006 at 7:32 AM.
wow thanks

edit: now that I installed the thing through the installer... I can't find it to open it
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:35 AM
Xeek,
the installer probably placed it in your downloads folder
go to my documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads and arrange the contents by 'type', you should find the .pdf faster that way
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:46 AM
Laigonaz,
firstly, what version of blender are you using?
secondly, you're doing the JWoods tut? Ok that's kinda confusing but do this for us:
in blender, go back to the part where you had two meshes (hopefully you've saved that as a blend file)
in object mode, select, in turn, each mesh and check the materials on them, one should be 000, the other 001
if this isn't correct, take of all materials (press the little delete button) of both meshes and start over
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:48 AM
it told me to import the table as wavefront and to export as wavefront
Test Subject
#72 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
Xeek,
the installer probably placed it in your downloads folder
go to my documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads and arrange the contents by 'type', you should find the .pdf faster that way
\

gah I still can't find it.. after the istall I go to the q-xpress installer download thing and the rars say they open with body shop... what the? :sorry:
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 8:54 AM
Laigonaz,
those are the right formats, but, umm, that wasn't what I was asking
you Are using Blender, aren't you? In that case, check the version for me. It comes up on the title screen when you start the program. Probably 2.41 or something. I need to know this to help you.

Xeek,
umm, what the indeed None of these files need bodyshop
ok, you installed Q-xpress, yes?
then all you have to do is click the 'Q-Xpress install' link right next to download of your choice (word or pdf tutorial)
it will pop up in your queue in the Q-Xpress installer
simply push the 'install' button and you'll find the document in your downloads folder
If you can't read the pdf, either get the word document (assuming you have MS Word, of course) or get a good pdf reader, such as Foxit reader
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 9:07 PM
Whoo! I was doing great till i got to the Fire Up SimPE part >.>;

I have SimPE, the latest version, but i havn't a clue what to open to get that Craftmaster Booknook. ^^;
EDIT:
Oh Yeah, i come from the wide world of Unreal Ed.. You never mentioned anything about snapping to the grid, but atleast i got around to figuring out Shift-S.. Is there anyway to Rotate by a set number of Degrees? Like only by 45's?
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:42 AM
Vicious,

for the SimPE part, I'd like to refer you to the Object Start to Finish Tutorial. There's a Blender version of that as well. If you're already familiar with the modelling bit, just skip those parts.

For the rotation, that's a good question. I've never found anything like the Milkshape box where you enter the number of degrees, but you can have some control. If you hold Ctrl (hehe) while rotating, it rotates per 5 degrees.
Page 3 of 9