Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#101 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lockanoddle
is there any way to create clothes and hair without photoshop
YOu can use any program that reads/writes pngs.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 6:44 PM
Very good. but it dosent work to save the pictuers from this site ! http://www.gojane.com
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#103 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 8:36 PM
If you're having problems saving the pictures (in that right click is disabled, or you're looking at a flash closeup) just use the printscreen button - but then you must immediately go and open a program like 'paint' (or your better graphics program) and paste and save to keep the graphic.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#104 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 8:56 PM
Or use the context menu key on your keyboard. Most sites just block an alternate click, not the menu that shows up.

Test Subject
#105 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:03 AM
OK ummm well in the new trial ything paint shop pro (latest) how do i rezize it after i invert and copy the top onto the top how do i becasue it is to small for the shirt..... i would show a screen shot but i dont know how to take those.....(help??)
Thank You
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#106 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:44 AM
If the graphic you found for the top is way too small for the maxis graphic, you'll probably need to go and find a different top to use. Anyway, see if you can find out how to 'scale' the graphic. or 'resize' I don't know what word paintshop pro uses. That is pretty basic - go find some paintshop pro tutorials online and do them to learn how to use paintshop in general.

If the graphic you have is only a bit too small, you might be able to use it, if it's a lot, the problem is that when you scale it up, it's going to get a bit blurry looking.
Test Subject
#107 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:32 PM
thank you...I got it now!!! it's resize. i am having problems though....When i put it on it covors the whole shirt but in body shop the sides are still the regular color(green) like it dosent cover the sides (help..???) Also how do you take screenshots? Thank you so mush and you,tiggery, Are amazing!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#108 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 3:55 AM
You can take screenshots by hitting the 'printscreen' button. You then need to go to a paint program (any sort) and hit 'paste' and save it. After that you can take another screenshot and repeat the process.

As for any gaps in your outfit if you look carefully at what bluesims did - she grabbed a color that matched the top (probably used an eyedropper like tool) and then she filled in the area around the top with it. I'm not sure if that's how she did it, but you could make a new layer and put it *below* your top and do that. Then she used a smudge tool to smear some of the top onto that area and blend in the edges.

You can also lasso an irregularly shaped piece of the fabric from your top and paste it (multiple times) and use it to patch over the area(s) that need more fabric. You'll need to experiment with what will give you the best look. It's okay for your 'patch' to go past the edges of the shirt, it won't do anything bad on your sim.
Test Subject
#109 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:50 AM
please help
I am using GIMP. I've read a few tutorials, but I've never done this before. I downloaded a skin that I LOVE, I simply can't rest until it is in my game!... BUT, I really hate the boots. I've found the shoes I want to replace them with, and I've tried to switch them with the ugly boots. Everything seemed to work fine but then in The Sims 2 Bodyshop and in the game the top and parts of the outfit and body are blurry, even though I never touched those parts. I really don't know what to do. Would someone please help me?? Any help at all would be appreciated! I've attatched the color/texture file for both the outfit I want to change and the good shoes outfit so you can see what I mean. Please help :weep: this is making me sad!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#110 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 5:30 AM
This worked very nicely for me. Thank you so much. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:35 PM
'strg' means 'control', 'Crtl'
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#112 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 7:35 AM
'norules' what size are the graphics you are editing? They should be 1024x1024. If they are not, then you're having a problem with bodyshop and I honestly cannot suggest how you get them out full size (anything smaller will be blurrier on the sim)

Also make sure you save as bmp. And make sure you *never* redistribute your new outfit, as I assume you don't have the permission of the original creator to use their work. Or you could write to them asking them if they can make that dress with some shoes.
Test Subject
#113 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 11:18 PM
I am using GIMP, and when I open files to edit them, they are 512x512. I have tried to scale the image to 1024x1024, but when I refresh the sim in bodyshop after doing so an error message appears. Has anyone succesfully resized their images in GIMP?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#114 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 1:27 PM
Default thanks
phantomfan, I got the same message as you when I tried to make it 1024x1024. Mine was 256x256. Thankyou Tiggery for the suggestion though. Atleast I know why it's not working now . Also, I have made sure that it's saved as .bmp, and I promise I'm not going to redistribute anything if it does finally work lol. I just want to learn how to make skins for myself, so I like ALL of it. (grumble grumble...stupid boots...) Also, since it seems that it's not working with GIMP, is there any image editor anyone can suggest that WILL work?? Thankyou
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#115 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 6:35 PM
Try using MS Paint to resize it.

Test Subject
#116 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 6:44 PM
yay! Thankyou jaxad, and everyone who replied. It worked I finally got it in my game... thanks so much... I'm so happy now lol.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 3:28 AM
i can't figure out how to resize the image. otherwise known as "Verformen" I'm using the newest one.. Paint Shop Pro X. Help!!!!!!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#118 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 3:52 AM
Verformen translates as deform. I'm not sure what your refering to. To resize an image, at least under psp9, use the Resize command under the Image menu.

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 8:08 PM
yeah, i figured it out already. but thanks !
Test Subject
#120 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 6:29 AM
This is a wonderful, detailed tutorial. Thanks a whole bunch!
Test Subject
#121 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 1:10 AM
thanks alot this really helps

I didnt care if I sold 2 copies of Stripped I wanted to do it my way I just wanted to speak my heart -Xtina At the end of a movie all my outfits are missing They even call Tara those were $700 shoes. What are they going to do search my house -Tara Walmart do they like make walls there -Paris
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 6:59 AM
How i copy orange top in the texture image,how i paste in the texture picture.IN ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS 2
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 7:23 AM
THE OPTION verFORMEN EXIST IN PHOTOSHOP CS2?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#124 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Verformen translates as deform.
Please read before you post. Also, you don't need to yell.

Field Researcher
#125 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 4:41 AM
Perfect! You've made it look so easy! Now I can create tons of Victoria's Secret clothes! Thanx!
Page 5 of 13