Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 5:17 PM
I found a website that shows back of clothes here you go http://www.forever21.com

Dont forget to thank, it makes people feel better to know that you appreciate their hard work :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 6:22 PM
I also found this site..http://www.rampage.com/
Test Subject
#153 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 2:57 AM
Thank you for this tutorial.

I've made a top--which I've made several recolors of, and also a dress using this guide.

You make it sound so simple.

Here's my site: Spirited Sims
Test Subject
#154 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 11:37 PM
Beautiful. Marvelous. Keep those sites with backs and fronts coming
Test Subject
#155 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 4:01 PM
Have been searching but no luck so far
Test Subject
#156 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 10:31 PM
Thanks so much for this tutorial! But I have one question...

Is there any way/ any similar way to do this in GIMP?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#157 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 10:34 PM
Yes. Any tool that can read/write pngs can be used.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#158 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 6:59 PM
Nice One! I've now made many a T Shirt!
Test Subject
#159 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 9:22 PM
Are you able to use the clothes if it is being worn by a person?

If so, how would you do that?
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 1:18 PM
its look easy, I want to try it, but my computer refuse Sims2 Program? why? it says "THERE IS NO DIRECT 3D IN THIS COMPUTER" but my computer is Windows XP and use Service Pack 2?

oooh forget it, btw tq
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#161 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 7:18 PM
Harriz_wicaksono, yes you need Microsoft .NET 1.1 to run SimPE.

Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#162 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 1:02 AM
Jaxad, I just want to clarify something - your project files in Body Shop can't be .png - that's for SimPE. Body Shop uses .bmp files. Not trying to get snippy or anything, but most of the problems people have had in all the other recolor tutorials have stemmed from the files being saved as the wrong kind (or being saved as a copy instead of overwriting the original.)

Another thing I want to note for everyone - Sometimes it's a lot more complicated than copying and pasting. Bluesims found a marvelously simple image that was easy to work with. If you have an image, say, that is bent in places where the texture file is straight, or in different proportions than sim clothes, you're going to have more success copying and pasting bits and pieces, using Edit>Transform>Distort on each individual piece to fit it in to the texture, and then to line it up with the adjacent pieces. You'll need to leave all the layers separate until the texture looks properly lined up on the sim in your Body Shop Preview, then flatten the image and start tweaking it with your drawing tools. If you're having trouble figuring out what to put where, you can follow Hysterical Paroxysm's tutorial on Exporting UV Maps so you can see the 3D shape of the outfit you're working with.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#163 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:50 PM
hi could anyone please tell me how to resize objects in photoshop
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 6:07 PM
this is great thank you :D

"old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, 'you're next.' they stopped after i started doing the same thing to them at funerals."
Test Subject
#165 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 4:34 AM
I do not understand this...maybe because it's psp. Does anyone know a tutorial with using photoshop? I rather make male clothing, but there never seems to be much of men clothing that I know of. I've trie to make my own skin, and it just will not work. I just don't understand it. I wonder which step I am doing wrong.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#166 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 5:20 AM
This tutorial applies to all photo editors and clothing types alike. Just adjust where needed.

Test Subject
#167 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 6:25 PM
Well I tried for like three hours. I'm attempting to try again. I think I get confused because I was trying to make a shirt for a guy...the only problem was the shirt shape was different than the original shirt I was trying to edit that I chose from body shop. I tried the alpha file to get it shaped correctly, but it didn't work. Anyway, I'll try again.
Test Subject
#168 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 7:29 PM
Thank you! Your tutorial is very informative! I've been using PSP 7 for years now as a webcartoonist, and there were plenty of things I'd been doing the hard way, simply because PSP's help file isn't very helpful (you pretty much have to know the answers to your questions to find the answers). So your tutorial will help me with my non-Sims artwork too!

Now I just need a tutorial on how to make more hours in the day, so I have the time to make all the Sims clothes I plan to make! ^_~
Test Subject
#169 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 6:30 PM
just 1 quick question...
how do i edit the shape of the outfit image in the alpha file? i kind of got stuck when i reached the step where you cut out the neckline in the alpha file... do you just use a black color paint brush to paint the white part away? or how do you supposed to do that? pls be as specific as possible since i am new to PSP...

tks so much...

^_^

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#170 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 6:40 PM
Essentially. Black in the alpha means the texture won't show there. White means it will. The various grays are for transperancies, more white means more opaque, more black means more invisible.

Lab Assistant
#171 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 8:55 PM
AWESOME job on this tutorial!

But I have a question...

How would I do this with shirts that have sleeves? I can't seem to get it right...
Test Subject
#172 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 5:13 AM
hi jaxad0127
hi jaxad0127,

tks for your fast reply but how do i edit the image inside the alpha file? let's say, i want to make the neckline lower, how do i do that? do i just use a brush to paint away the unnecessary parts? can you help me out here? i am kinda stuck coz i am new to Paintshop Pro...

many tks....

:lovestruc
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#173 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:58 PM
WhiteSwan,

please look at the tutorial here again. After the orange shirt is 'finished' and the shoulders match and so on, there's the part where the black and white alpha file gets edited. Where it is white, the shirt color will show, where it is black, the sim's skin will show. The base shirt that the orange shirt was put on is kinda tan, so it's a bit less obvious where the original shirt is showing when they put it on the mannequin.

An alternate way to adjust will be to make good use of your layers. If you lay a layer with your alpha file ON TOP OF your finished shirt - then you can set the transparency of it down so you can see the shirt through it, and you can adjust the white and black areas. Then make it not transparent and you can save it out.

Dansi,

you need to look at several different shirts, and/or just paint some of the pieces of a test texture different bright colors -- then you'll be able to see the front of the sleeves and back of the sleeves. Sleeves are broken into 2 pieces, which means there are 4 arm sections to color.

Everyone,

If you are new to paint shop or photoshop or gimp, part of the answer is to go do some basic generic tutorials for it. Go draw/paint whatever they tell you to in the tutorials -- the skills you learn you can then apply to the sims editing. You should work on tutorials (some sites have sets of them) all the way through doing some that teach you about LAYERS, because that's a very important thing to understand how to use in order to easily modify your sim outfits. By building your new shirt and even parts of the outfit (say you add a belt to the design, or embroidery) on different layers, then you can easily grab and move a part that isn't lining up just a little bit w/o damaging the rest of the graphic.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#174 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 4:48 AM
hi tiggerypum,

tks so much for the tip but i guess i didn't make my question clear...

ok, if u don't mind, can you go back to the tute now and look for that part on "arrange the top and fill it with a white color"? and just to make sure that i am doing everything correctly, do i go to "Fill-> Color-> click on the White-> hit OK" ? If yes, then let's move on to the part where the tutes tells you to "take a black color and paint it away..." ok... i know this will sound dumb but how do i do that? do i select the paint brush and click on black ? or do i use another tool to edit the color alpha file? help me out here... pls.........

PS: i have read many tutes already and some of them sometimes require you to edit the alpha file without telling you how to go about in doing that... since i am learning everthing from scratch, i always get stuck when i am told to do that... i do work very hard and practice a lot but sometimes when you get stuck , you sort of need someone to give you a hand... and i am just so thankful that you guys are out there to guide we the newbies...

god bless you all kind simmers out there!!!!

whiteswan
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#175 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 7:29 AM
Whiteswan, this tutorial uses paintshop commands, which I do not know.

The bottom line is it does not matter HOW you get the color there. Using a fill, using the paintbrush, whatever. Use whatever works for you. Bluesim happened to be showing a specific technique where she selected the blank area around the top, and then used that to decide what would be black and what would be white. You could zoom in (I always work on my sim clothing viewing at 200% when I'm doing details) and hand paint all the areas/edges. White will show the top, black will show the sim's skin.

In the case of this tutorial, the top AND alpha graphic were being worked on _in the same editing file_ and then the two separate graphics were saved out as bmps - the one with the texture for the top, and the other being the b&w alpha. In most cases, it makes sense to have both in the same working file, because the alpha has to match up identically to the outfit's graphic. What you need to do is hide or show the appropriate layers before you save out the bmp file -- and also save your paintshop (or photoshop or gimp) source file separately, so that you have all the layers if you find you want to make changes.

---

You can see another very graphic example of how the alpha works, and how each change makes changes on the dress. In this case - the dress 'pattern' had been put over the entire top of the texture graphic, so as the alpha is changed it simply shows through. It uses GIMP to edit, but it's the same ideas/techinques - make a new layer, paint the white or black - sometimes she might use a fill, or paintbrush, or solid rectangle -- all give the same results in the end.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=183379
and you can see the dress's texture here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=183370

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Page 7 of 13