Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quonset. Ten-hut your lifestyle!

by en7en Posted 24th May 2006 at 5:11 AM - Updated 24th May 2006 at 3:37 PM by en7en

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 11:33 PM
Cool quonset but could you post how to build it because i am trying to build one on my mini farm. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 3:22 AM
Badboy1990,

Quote: Originally posted by en7en
Check out my profile for my other strange creations, and a tutorial on making unusual rooflines.

Dig?

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 10:01 AM
en7en i just wanted to correct you. it is not teenhut. it just sounds like that sometimes when we have to say it all day. we tend to slur a little. it is basically the drawn out word "attention" or atten shun basically that is how it is said. well i like ypur mod by the way it is but it seems so civilian. it kinda looks like one of the buildings on a texas base.

"Time is Irrelevant." Elemist
Instructor
#29 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 6:45 PM
Wow! great job, i love the round roof!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 8:08 PM
I've been watching this lot again and again...
Just can't help thinking of the past...
Anyway, thanks again for the cool lots...
Hopefully, more to come very soon.... I'll keep myself patient...
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 2:01 AM
This is interesting to me. Probably because some friends of my parents lived in a Quonset for awhile during the post-WWII housing shortage.
Instructor
#32 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 5:48 PM
Quote:
Quonset lives on a 2x3 lot. If you want it, drop and give me $18,850!

*drops, downloads, thanks, and starts shelling out the simoleons*
Sir! Yes, Sir! *salutes*

I like it! I really like it! And if my Sims want fancy stuff, well, they can just get high Aspiration scores and start watering those Money Trees!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:54 PM
Lovely, but...
I like this house very much, but a little warning... It won't go with Seasons. The game doesn't regognize the roof as a roof, and result: "There is weather in my house!"

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:08 AM
Quonset is also a greenhouse structure. Invented during World War II, it is extremely simple to build and effieciently designed. Quonsets, also know as hoop houses are very common in the greenhouse buisness =-D. A plastic cover is used.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 1:01 PM
the only flaw with this house is that with seasons the snow comes through
is it meant to do that?
or is it my game playing up?

“I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.” - Rita Rudner
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th May 2008 at 12:40 AM
Thank You! I Downloaded Some Army Guys That Will Love This Place!
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th May 2008 at 12:40 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th May 2008 at 11:46 PM
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

I was looking for one of these for my "Government Started" Neighborhood. This will do nicely!

I'm just another one of those simulated Sims.
Inventor
#39 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 9:33 PM
Great job! I like it very much.
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:09 AM
Nice i was just searching for stuff for my new war base (I'm 12, expect me to do this...) and i came across this... GOODBYE CRUD HUT! HELLO GREAT HUT!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:52 PM Last edited by therebel292004 : 17th Jul 2012 at 6:57 PM.
Honestly love the look of the lot,,, but I still have not been able to get it or anything else to install since importing my entire game from a XP os to a Windows 7 os. Is there a tutorial for building the Quonset using the unleveled walls?

EDIT: Finally got it to install. But notice it is sideways. Could still use some tuts or tips on how you got the roof that way.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Was able to build a length wise one that doesn't use desks in the window slots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 11:10 PM
I need this kind of stuff. I got some killin' guns and throwing axes so I'm gonna be killaging for quite a while. Sweet torture >:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 10:15 AM
:) Thank you! Where'd you go from here??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 1:31 AM
thanks
Page 2 of 2