Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh: Design № 7507 - Door

by zookini Posted 11th Nov 2006 at 9:04 PM - Updated 9th Jan 2007 at 12:05 AM by zookini : Thumbs Change

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:18 PM
Good on ya Zook! Your recolour of the original maxis value wood door is my absolute fave and i use it heaps. Cant wait to give my simmies a door with window panes they can see through LOL asif. *****

P.S. Thanks for clearing up the gender confusion rofl.
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 8:03 PM
Thank you, this is the door we had on my childhood home, back in the 60"s.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:41 PM
I LOVE it. Can't wait to use it on a tropical house I wanna build. Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 5:43 AM
These remind me of the doors from the 50's. I like those doors! Thank you for creating! :-D
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:09 PM
Wow it is amazing!!! I loved the older version and i love this one even more! It reminds me of the front door in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 6:37 PM
Oh Zookini.... I *heart* your retro stuff!

*swoon*

"Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy... forget it little friend" - Jack Handy

Visit my blog: http://uneffnbelievable.blogspot.com/
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 4:04 PM
As many have said, almost exactly like the front door of my childhood home. Excellent job.

A couple of refinements: the housing I lived in (as did many others) was of the "get it up quick to accomodate the population explosion" variety. I.e., cheap and dirty. So the door had normal hardware (a rectangular backplate to the knob) and was just a plain wood slab in front -- no side panels. With a few nicks at the bottom because there was no kick plate, and these doors were cheap plywood.

If you want to create the true "retro" look, you might want to keep these points in mind. In the meanwhile, I'm putting these doors on every house I can.

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 4:59 PM
zookini you rock great job these will make some nice houses to add to my neighboor hood
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 10:43 AM
is like a maxis mesh
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 11:40 AM
These are excellent doors and look just awesome in my game. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 3:41 PM
I love it,thank you!

"Thanks to all wonderful people,who make beatiful creations and make my game better!"
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 4:27 AM
Love this! Do you know if anyone has made a green recolor?
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:52 AM
l love love love this 60s door!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th May 2010 at 12:04 AM
this is the most fantastic retro door i have ever seen great work
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:16 PM
Good, I always thought you were a boy. I use this door in my game all the time! It looks great on semi-modern homes as well as retro ones.

I don't see any invisible treasure chests!
Page 2 of 2