Replies: 170 (Who?), Viewed: 56278 times.
Page 7 of 7
Space Pony
Original Poster
#151 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I wonder if we have had this discussion before I do agree though, it looks perfect, and wonder how it could be in such a wonderful condition being buried for so long. The other busts are very similar though, even though some of them look like a mans face. They have the diversity of being made by different artists, but still are very close to each other.

I forgot to say that your Nefertiti looks very nice, but a character as perfect as she must have been, is perhaps even harder to make?

We might have, I remember talking about in the early stages, perhaps with you? But yes that is one of my main issues with iy. Aside from that fact that something just seems off to me, but yeah the others are similar, as for some looking like a man there is speculation that eventually she became Pharaoh in her own right so maybe that's why...? But on one last note at time when the bust was "found" a lot of excavation was being done in Amarna and Nefertiti is/was everywhere in Amarna so it actually wouldn't be to hard to replicate her features.

And thank you, and yes I do agree it would have been hard considering her name literally means ("the beauty has come")

I made some changes, and finally found a side view of the bust and noticed the nose doesn't stick out as far? Also I did change the lipstick

Also any more recommendations for Akhenaten?
Screenshots
Space Pony
DELETED POST
Original Poster
13th Aug 2018 at 4:45 PM
This message has been deleted by Katie Turner.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#152 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 5:23 PM
So I am debating whether or not to try and finish these two, I really messed up my last edit of Nefertiti. Plus I don't plays sims 3 anymore...
Test Subject
#153 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 5:01 AM
I personally would like to see your final creation of this couple. It inspired me to recreate a Sim couple like them in my current game. I'm a fan of almost anything regarding ancient Egypt. If I had patience and more time outside of work I swear my laptop would explode from the Egyptian CC I would create! Well, that and Borderlands, lol.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#154 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 5:44 AM Last edited by Katie Turner : 5th Jun 2019 at 1:36 PM.
update help needed
Ok I tried to fix the mistakes I made, I took care of some of them, I seriously for the life of me don't know how I messed it up this badly

On the plus side I'm finally happy with the nose. But I'm having trouble with the eyes and mouth and also the divot between the nose and mouth suddenly seems more pronounced. I think some of the problem with mouth is I switched lipsticks (something about the other being too shiny?) IDK

And I'm still trying to figuring out why she's suddenly so dark, I'm pretty sure I didn't touch her skin tone, so it's probably the lights again Anybody know a good setting for the debug lights I can't find the tutorial

Anyway here's my latest disaster

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Update 6/5/19: I uninstalled the packs I don't use and that includes season, so there will be no outerwear.
Screenshots
Space Pony
Original Poster
#155 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 4:26 PM
Akhenaten
Well if anybody is still interested in helping here is an Akhenaten update

Then his wardrobe

However I realized the kilt in his wardrobe picture

is only available through dragon valley, and I figure not many people would be willing to buy the whole thing just for that, However there is another store kilt, but it's only for everyday

the dragon valley one is for everyday formal and athletic. If I used the other store kilt the best option for formal and athletic is this denecklaced African thingy which can be found here
Space Pony
Original Poster
#156 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:44 PM
Akhenaten is now available for download
Test Subject
#157 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 4:41 AM
Thank you so much! Please do share Nefertiti if you can. I believe she's fine the way she is. I got a story in mind for those two!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#158 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 1:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOgeology101
Thank you so much! Please do share Nefertiti if you can. I believe she's fine the way she is. I got a story in mind for those two!

You're welcome, and I plan on doing some editing on her today. oh cool
Space Pony
Original Poster
#159 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 6:03 PM
Update on Nefertiti I'm pretty happy with it except for the shadow under the nose, how can I get rid of it?

help appreciated

also does any one know if it's okay to include CC that somebody else uploaded that you edited? Her athletic wear is a denecklaced version of the mermaid sarong, I just adjusted the category to include athletic wear.
Screenshots
Scholar
#160 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 6:40 PM
I'm not sure how to get rid of the shadow but if you look closely at the side view, you can see an indentation between the top lip and the bottom of the nose. Maybe if you can straighten that out somehow it will fix the shadow? Other then that she's really, really beautiful!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#161 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyFernlily
I'm not sure how to get rid of the shadow but if you look closely at the side view, you can see an indentation between the top lip and the bottom of the nose. Maybe if you can straighten that out somehow it will fix the shadow? Other then that she's really, really beautiful!

I noticed that, I've tried it and it won't straighten :/ thank you
Instructor
#162 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:57 AM
I believe that shadow shows up when you get the mouth too close to the nose. At least that has been one cause of it that I've seen. The area around the nose is very tricky. One pixel too much in the wrong direction and you break your sim's face. (Your sim's face isn't broken though!)

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#163 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 12:32 AM
So I got so frustrated with this I needed a break, but I'm working on it now, and I found part of the problem. Part of it was the reference picture I was using had a shadow over the nose so it was actually a completely different shape. So I used a nose from the selection in CAS and with a little tweaking got it perfect...in CAS, in game? not so much but it's closer than before
Space Pony
Original Poster
#164 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:12 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 21st Jun 2020 at 1:56 PM. Reason: Additional pictures and explanations of problem areas
Nefertiti update: Almost done
Since it's almost a year since I uploaded Akhenten , I decided yo try again with nefertiti and I feel almost 97% happy with it, with inly 3 small issues; one with her nasal tip size, lip shape, and jaw angle. But I'll address those tomorrow morning or Monday at latest.

Have a preview

This second picture posed just enough to have her looking directly at the camera with her head straight (all my sims tilt their heads when I take pictures) But also eerily matched the expression of the bust

Update: June 21,
I've color coded and highlighted the problems, also I am having trouble deciding which sliders to adjust to the problems so I'll just list them. Feel free to disagree:

the bridge the nose to me seems fine, it could be smaller/more defined , but so far I can't change it without changing the look of the nose?

the nasal tip of the bust seems larger than on the sim, but every time on increase it, it increases the lower bridge size which is the opposite of what I want

the mouth I think needs to be more angled/ gentle curve, would that be width/shape or thickness?

I don't know how I didn't notice, before but the sim has a more angled and...raised/higher jaw than the bust, but I forgot which slider lowers it
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#165 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 5:46 PM
Many years ago when I was made sims from pictures, I followed next steps (in pictures one by one):
1 - take original pic
2 - draw all featured lines of original pic
3 - align sim pic to original
4- draw all featured lines of sim pic
5 - add 50% transparency

Here you can see minor differences. It looks like your sim need to have more forehead, different jawline and lower eyes and ears. Then repeat same with profile. Nose and lips are fine.
That's how it can be done. All other's up to you.
Regards. Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#166 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 19th Jul 2020 at 2:37 AM.
@k2m1too hope you don't mind but any Idea how to adjust her jaw more like the phoyo? I still can't get that lowered rounded look, I've seen at on some of your sims

Screenshots
Instructor
#167 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:23 AM
Well first, you have to realize that in the reference sculpture, Nefertiti has her neck/head extended forward, and you sim does not. That will always make matching up features a challenge. You are trying to chase her hyper-extended look. Her jaw isn't as square in-inline with her chin as it appears from the front-only view.

Hopefully, you can tell from the attached picture some notes. But generally, I'd try pulling out her profile/nose (when looking at the side), flattening her forehead, dropping her 'jaw height' (using combo of EA and custom slider). And here are some suggestions of sliders to try:
  • Wojtek/Anulaa89's Neck-to-Chin (here)
  • aWT's Jawline Rotate (original link broken but can be found here )
  • aWT's Jawline Height (same as above)
  • aWT's Jawline Soften (same as above)
  • aWT's Forehead depth (same as above)
  • Gnatgosplat's Chin Width (here)
  • Niksim's Nose depth (here)

The chin width will just adjust the width of the chin without enlarging the whole thing. So try reducing the EA chin scale and then upping the chin width a bit. It will give a wider, but less bulby chin.

Also, OneEuroMutt has got a variety of ear sliders that might be of use (here).
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#168 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 20th Jul 2020 at 4:08 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
Well first, you have to realize that in the reference sculpture, Nefertiti has her neck/head extended forward, and you sim does not. That will always make matching up features a challenge. You are trying to chase her hyper-extended look. Her jaw isn't as square in-inline with her chin as it appears from the front-only view.

Hopefully, you can tell from the attached picture some notes. But generally, I'd try pulling out her profile/nose (when looking at the side), flattening her forehead, dropping her 'jaw height' (using combo of EA and custom slider). And here are some suggestions of sliders to try:

The chin width will just adjust the width of the chin without enlarging the whole thing. So try reducing the EA chin scale and then upping the chin width a bit. It will give a wider, but less bulby chin.

@k2m1too Ah ok, now that you mention it I see it

I do have all of those sliders actually, but can't figure which way to go with the jawline height rotation? I messed with them for half an hour, if I move both too much it gets this weird flappy skin at bottom

Thank you and I'll work on it
Space Pony
Original Poster
#169 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:52 PM
Update Jaw (I'm trying)
Quote:

Well I am trying, I made the suggested changes, but I still can't quite get the angle of the jaw from the side right and I have tried (at least to me?) and that's my biggest concern, I'll deal with the nose/mouth once I get the jaw finalized

Also here is a list of current slider settings

Face height -256
Jawline height -256
Jawline rotate -129
Jaw Depth 0
Jaw height -256
Jaw shape 0
Jaw Underbite 0
Jaw Width -100
Jawline soften 199
chin depth 178
chin height 35
chin scale -165
Chin Underlip Depth -25
chin width 100
odBrodydoSzyi (chin/neck slider) 0

@k2m1too what do you think I should do?
Screenshots
Instructor
#170 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 11:52 PM
Honestly I think a lot of the difference you are seeing in her jaw/chin area are simply given the way that the statue's head/chin are jutted forward as compared to your sim's posture. The handful of things I'm seeing are maybe extending the face 'Profile' slider (on face general tab, near bottom). Pulling her nose out slightly.... Trying to think of the slider name... Nose depth?. I think her cheekbones need to be raised slightly and possibly reduce the fullness a tiny bit. But I'm talking TINY shifts here, nothing radical.

I keep meaning to make a pose that emulates the statue's posture... but I've been feeling drained lately.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#171 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 9:02 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 9th Aug 2020 at 11:48 PM.
Quote:
Honestly I think a lot of the difference you are seeing in her jaw/chin area are simply given the way that the statue's head/chin are jutted forward as compared to your sim's posture. The handful of things I'm seeing are maybe extending the face 'Profile' slider (on face general tab, near bottom). Pulling her nose out slightly.... Trying to think of the slider name... Nose depth?. I think her cheekbones need to be raised slightly and possibly reduce the fullness a tiny bit. But I'm talking TINY shifts here, nothing radical.

I keep meaning to make a pose that emulates the statue's posture... but I've been feeling drained lately.

Yeah I kinda a figured that much, I have the face profile slider extended as far as it will go, and I will work on the rest tonight/tomorrow
Page 7 of 7