Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 3:10 AM
I only have dreams about it if I haven't been able to play it in a long time, usually about houses I want to build.
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:26 AM Last edited by TychoH : 27th Jun 2016 at 5:28 AM. Reason: spelling
In my dream I was showing Pleasantview to someone. I dream in Dutch, so I explained to her that the surname Burb just means... well, what it means. Then I showed her some of the sims. Dirk, Angela, you name them.

Next thing I know I was driving a police car in Pleasantview, right behind Angela Pleasant. She was 16 and just had her driver's license, and wasn't driving that bad. Somehow we knew she had a cabbage in the back of her small car, and if she cooked it it would taste criminally filthy, so we made her stop. She drove into some bushes and couldn't come out of the car.

Then I woke up laughing.
Forum Resident
#103 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:23 AM
I just woke up from a dream where I was in some building, looking at my sims family tree which in the dream was very confusing. I was also talking about my sims with someone, in a really odd faux-British accent.
Then I saw a row of swings in the building, the kind of swings toddlers have, and in each one of them sat toddler versions of a few of my sims, one of them being my CAS made founder Neighbour Neighbour. I found this extremely awkward, but then I thought, so what, Neighbour is dead in my game so I have to go interact with him, no matter his state. So I picked him up from the swing and he instantly wrapped his arms around my neck and I kissed his cheek.
We went into another room where he could climb some... climbing thing, although I was worried about him falling or otherwise hurting himself. Some person entered the room and it was as if the two of us were Neighbour's parents. At some point I stroked the person's cheek using Neighbour's hand and we danced around, me holding Neighbour and singing to him, "this old heart of mine is weak for you". Really cheesy, but it was great. Also the only dream I've had about having a kid that wasn't a nightmare xD And the dream got that right: adult, old or ghost, Neighbour will always be my baby :3

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:41 PM
I dreamed the UI for elders had been radically updated, with the earlier lifestages vanishing in order to make room for lots of detailed information about their health. You could see the exact time they had left to live, and there was a lot of detail not just about the standard flu but things like their eyes and joints, which I didn't have time to look through and get a grasp of because the femme fatale was performing and I had to go check out somebody's long-lost dad's secret lairs, which was in an old laundry room and hilarious. For the same reason I didn't have a chance to figure out how the dual controls work, since another feature of the update was the introduction of a multi-player mode.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#105 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:51 PM
I just had one.

Two of my Sims were eating some sort of aspiration reward cake but then it electrocuted one of them and he died. So I had my second Sim get out the grim reaper phone and try to resurrect him with all the money she had, but suddenly all the universal NPCs glitched and got strange wireframe faces and Grimmy kept giving off debug messages. So I had to save and quit and I came to MTS to ask about it and someone (it was a long-time member, but the name kept changing) had said it was because I deleted Pleasantview. And then there was something involving a servo on a spaceship but I can't remember that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#106 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 9:15 AM
My Sims dream from the previous morning was actually a merging between our world and the Sims'. In this case, I was at a place I can easily recognize near me yet my custom Sims were present there instead. I observed everything like I would in the game and at the same time, there was a moment where it felt I was in my Simsona's shoes.

I was hanging around inside the main entrance of my super Target store with my Sim, and as usual, she was enjoying the attention from her lovers near the fresh produce section. One of my more social Sims decided to approach one of my Sim's lovers to chat with them. Annoyed, I paused the game, panned the camera all the way to the rear corner of the building where the men's clothing are, and commanded my Sim to dash there.

This next part is a little fuzzy but I believe it was Frank who followed her there and resumed his affection for a bit (it was William who was in the middle of that conversation). Then somehow, my Sim was autonomously moving towards the front of the store, likely to do something with William while totally ignoring Frank. Suddenly, the camera dropped to the ground as if she tripped and fell, since I was currently perceiving her first-person view. Looking to my Sim's left, I noticed my elderly male Sim was checking out clothing at the kids' section (more like older kids or adolescents), and after that was a vast stretch of passage where William was rushing to my Sim's aid.

What followed after that didn't seem to involve the Sims anymore although I think there were glimpses of Frank on occasion, and I was still at my Super Target store. I believe it was at this point my subconscious was convincing me to wake up to answer nature's call, because all I did for the remainder of that dream was look for one of the ladies' rooms available.

After I woke up, I was encouraged to replicate the store exactly as I know the building. On the other hand, the experience there actually felt quite familiar compared to other larger, existing lots in the game I love to have my Sim visit. I find it astounding how two close Sims will always know how and where to find each other even if they're on the other side of the lot and the lot is huge.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 8:35 PM
Had another Sims dream last night. i was playing the Widespot subhood, except it was some sort of vacation subhood with lots of skyscrapers. Rich Mann was living in one of the skyscrapers but it glitched so I tried to move him out but I couldn't. So I went to read the readme for the subhood and it was just talking about water textures. Then I replaced a telescope and burst into tears.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#108 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 8:51 PM
Once I had a dream where I was an adult (I think I faintly remembered going to college) and I apparently lived in Pleasantview. I first realized this fully when my outfit was the shitty flannel I put on my Simself, but I wasn't really lucid dreaming, more just kinda knowing what was going on. Well, anyways, Don Lothario was after me, and Gilbert Jacquet was also after me, but it turned out he wanted to kill me because of how much I shittalked him. So that's where my signature came from.

It was weird.
Mad Poster
#109 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 10:08 PM
Had another one. My self-Sim was visiting another Sims' mansion, and she picked up a remote control to change the TV station. Immediately the lord of the manor (who looked like a strange cross of a younger Mortimer Goth and Peter Ottomas) came out and in the top right corner was "Don't STEAL!" Then an action appeared in her queue - "Follow to Chambers." I couldn't cancel it. But then Mortimer/Peter suddenly stopped because there was a chair in the way and threw a pathfinding fit and my self-Sim jump-bugged. Also this was somehow in first-person.

Mad Poster
#110 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 12:48 AM
I've dreamed of Sims before... like Circe Beaker talking to me... and she had a longer hairstyle. I don't remember what she said, but I knew she was up to no good.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 4:02 AM
I do remember I had one ages back when my bacc sims Elonso, Noah and Cecilia where teens. I've completely forgot what happened but I did document it on my tumblr straight after I woke up because I remembered it for a few seconds (I rarely remember my dreams.) Apparently this is what I wrote:

"Elonso was abducted by aliens and he lost all of his memories. When he came back he started chasing Cecilia, who he thought she was his girlfriend before the abduction. Noah got angry and said “that’s your sister! I’m your boyfriend!” Elonso replied with “But you’re my brother!” And Cecilia suddenly screamed “but he’s my brother too!” Elonso proceeded to faint and turn blue for some reason and everyone in the Flores family started fanning him chanting “brother.” …then I woke up feeling very confused at what the world I just dreamt about."

To explain: Elonso and Noah where dating (they're married with a kid now) and he most definitely has homosexual preferences so I have no idea why he was chasing Cecilia. Elonso is the result of an alien abduction and he and and Cecilia are half siblings which make it kind of... errrr moving on! Noah and Cecilia are not related but they are childhood friends, so I guess she could call him her brother but she kind of indicates Elonso is his sibling is completely wrong.

I have no idea what my brain was doing that night but I need a sequel to this dream. I have several questions that I would like answering.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Mad Poster
#112 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 4:42 AM
Recently, I dreamed I was playing Sims 2 and kind of 'inside' the game and my sim was going to die of old age... I expected to see the Grim Reaper icon in her queue, but I saw something else... and figured the game was glitching.
Forum Resident
#113 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 1:52 PM
I dreamt of the sims 3 stuffs related to my town but never of the sims 2 yet, probably because I spend less time on it playing it due to the crash .

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#114 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
In the earlier save I opened in the dream, I opened up a lot that had Howitzer Grunt in it and, after a popping sound, he was replaced by a white dog. My thought when that happened was "Oh well, it's just Howitzer." and then more identical dogs started appearing until they filled the room and crashed the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwI0I6SlFro
I believe you just got trolled by the Annoying Dog. (From Undertale.)
Forum Resident
#115 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 9:19 PM
I dreamed a sim had drowned in a pool on one of my lots. I didn't notice when it happened, I think I left the computer for a while and came back to see a tombstone (in the middle of the swimmingpool). I was so scared it was one of my sims who had drowned, so I had my sibling check the tombstone because I didn't dare to do it myself. Obviously, my first time to have a sim die young two days ago hit me harder than I thought.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#116 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:09 PM
In the dream I had a larger-than-eight household with a couple of elders, some adults, and some children. One female adult was a real sim in waking life, and she was at a different life stage. One of the elders dies of old age. I'm going around dealing with mundane stuff when suddenly all but one of the portraits down the side vanish! I go WTF and rewind the game (a feature I have always wanted; in the dream it was standard and a routine thing to do) so I can see what happened. Turns out that a satellite fell on Sue Casa, the single real sim (and therefore my favorite on the lot), so that she vanished first; and then fire spread from the satellite and got everyone who was clustered around crying about her, including the kids. Grim never showed up and it was all over in an eyeblink.

Highly annoyed, I quit to the neighborhood without saving, and who can blame me?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#117 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 1:29 AM
I used to, but not anymore. =]
Mad Poster
#118 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 1:47 PM
Not really, although I have built a weird lot or two while sleeping during building competitions
Scholar
#119 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:55 PM
Megha Land asked me if I could find her lost plumbob. Turned out it was under the cooker for some reason, and it hadn't occurred to Megha that an item could be there (cookers not having underside nooks in Sims 2, but the one in my dream did). She smiled at me and said something in Simlish before I woke up.
Mad Poster
#120 Old 6th May 2017 at 3:27 PM
Last night I dreamt that Andrew's dad turned up. He had lots of black hair and a huge black bushy beard. Looked a bit like Karl Marx, but with a black beard.

(btw Andrew's dad is Mystery Sim.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Space Pony
#121 Old 7th May 2017 at 1:24 AM
Only Gloria knows how he looks like Maybe she never tells <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#122 Old 7th May 2017 at 1:39 AM
I think she found a way to tell me in my sleep last night!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#123 Old 8th May 2017 at 2:43 PM
I had this dream a while back after playing The Sims 2 and watching Homeland in the same day. It was a Sims game where you had to build your own embassy (this was the series of Homeland where they're in the embassy in Pakistan) and your Sims were CIA agents. I woke up so disappointed that it wasn't a real game! The best I could do to recreate it was to build an apartment lot for my intelligence career Sims with communal office and social space on the ground floor. So if anyone has any tips for how to make my dream a reality, let me know.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:30 AM
I had a dream about my two favourite Sims, Samu and Mathi. I was living with them and Samu was being stupid once again, so I got in a fight with him, which ended with me kicking him out of the house.
Then I woke up and thought: "What the heck was that?!"

Warning: No coffee inserted - User halted.
A backup a day keeps the virus away!
Field Researcher
#125 Old 26th May 2017 at 2:28 AM
Once I dreamed that I always dating one of Saturday Nights(By thehontry1) characters, I think that I had that that dream because I had a marathon of that serie and Aken(The character that I dreamed of) looks exactly like my crush(Which is a real life person)
Page 5 of 9