Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#276 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 2:29 PM
This was bizarrely inexplicable and not at all pleasant: a toddler bed went bad, or something.

I was using a Kinder Kontainer toddler bed for little Joyce Smith and it was working fine when she crawled out of it that morning, but when she put herself away for her nap Johnny, who had just been potty-training her, took a call on his cell phone and was talking in the same room. So when she kept getting out of bed I blamed him and told him to hang up and empty the potty already, and sent her back to bed. But no, she went down for about two seconds, then her wants scrambled and she got up again, only to start crying about how tired she was. She was also getting hungry, so to be safe I pulled a bottle out of Johnny's inventory and put it next to her. She sucked it down and got back into bed and I thought we were in the clear and went to track Johnny; but no, next thing I know she's out of bed again. I moved things around (the nursery is really tight) in case some object was interfering with the bed somehow, I made sure all electronics were off, I checked her temperature - everything was as it should be but she would not stay down. Finally I deleted the bed, and when the new one wouldn't place in the old spot - probably because Joyce was too close to it - I put it in Johnny and Klara's room next door. Jenny put her to bed in it and she went out like a light. So presumably the problem was the bed,though I can't imagine what it would be.

So Joyce has decided there's an invisible monster in her room and she'll only sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room now. Which is on-brand for a kid her age. it shouldn't interfere with their love lives much as she grows up next time I play the hosuehold.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#277 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This was bizarrely inexplicable and not at all pleasant: a toddler bed went bad, or something.

I was using a Kinder Kontainer toddler bed for little Joyce Smith and it was working fine when she crawled out of it that morning, but when she put herself away for her nap Johnny, who had just been potty-training her, took a call on his cell phone and was talking in the same room. So when she kept getting out of bed I blamed him and told him to hang up and empty the potty already, and sent her back to bed. But no, she went down for about two seconds, then her wants scrambled and she got up again, only to start crying about how tired she was. She was also getting hungry, so to be safe I pulled a bottle out of Johnny's inventory and put it next to her. She sucked it down and got back into bed and I thought we were in the clear and went to track Johnny; but no, next thing I know she's out of bed again. I moved things around (the nursery is really tight) in case some object was interfering with the bed somehow, I made sure all electronics were off, I checked her temperature - everything was as it should be but she would not stay down. Finally I deleted the bed, and when the new one wouldn't place in the old spot - probably because Joyce was too close to it - I put it in Johnny and Klara's room next door. Jenny put her to bed in it and she went out like a light. So presumably the problem was the bed,though I can't imagine what it would be.

So Joyce has decided there's an invisible monster in her room and she'll only sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room now. Which is on-brand for a kid her age. it shouldn't interfere with their love lives much as she grows up next time I play the hosuehold.

I had problems with toddler beds at times - there seems to by no reasonable explanation for it. I also just sold them and bought new ones, still don't have a clue what caused it to happen.
Mad Poster
#278 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:41 PM
Sims talking on the cell phone doesn't generate noise. It's only the phone ringing that generates noise, so it's probably just a stuck emitter from when the cell phone was ringing. The stuck object remover should be able to kill it in that case, I think, if you can place it wherever Johnny was standing when the cell phone was ringing.
Mad Poster
#279 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 2:50 AM

My game will periodically have similar problems with the old toddler floor blankets. Every so often a tot will seem to be unable to get on the blanket until after I move and rotate the thing a couple of times.
Forum Resident
#280 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Lazlo called over the nanny four days ago to help out when his wife died, and she has not left since. I know it's a glitch, but I'm debating whether to keep her--it is amusing me so much. She changes into PJs to sleep!

Maybe she wants to take care of him too. That poor boy, probably hasn't had a good home-cooked meal in weeks, somebody needs to look after him.
Mad Poster
#281 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I had problems with toddler beds at times - there seems to by no reasonable explanation for it. I also just sold them and bought new ones, still don't have a clue what caused it to happen.

I had more glitches before I downloaded Already In Crib mod from Simlogikal. Now they still happen but very rare.

Fun thing: when toddler crawls out of toddler bed parents are rushing to take toddler "out of crib". But when toddler is crying his lung out in real crib where he was put by same parents, nobody cares.
Field Researcher
#282 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:36 AM
I don't know if it's just the alien toddlers (I swear I have normal kids too!), but I noticed when they wake up and make the sad face (pre-cry) their teeth glitch through their face.
Mad Poster
#283 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I don't know if it's just the alien toddlers (I swear I have normal kids too!), but I noticed when they wake up and make the sad face (pre-cry) their teeth glitch through their face.

I get that a lot with toddlers regardless of species. 2fingerswhiskey made an overlay for toddler teeth. This doesn't eliminate the problem, but sometimes makes it less noticeable.

https://2fingerswhiskey.livejournal.com/86380.html
Mad Poster
#284 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 2:50 AM
Gavin Newson had his room at the frat fixed up very nicely, so right before his grad party he packed it all up - plants, coffee table, bookshelf, desk and chair, the works - into inventory with the ratty furniture he'd brought back from visiting campus through the semesters. He moved into an apartment, where he unpacked what he needed for his wedding party. Instead of his plants, I found memories of the party and a few other things in his inventory. Since this is Not a Good Thing, I removed and deleted those memories, mentally kissing the plants goodby. The wedding party went off without a hitch and he packed his things up again, since his bride has a job at the Inland Sea Research Institute which entitles her to a much nicer apartment in the Research Beach subhood.

Once moved into the apartments, I unpacked inventories again, and lo and behold, the plants were back! I plopped everything onto the floor, then went into buy mode to arrange things. Only I can't grab and move the two hanging plants! They just sit there acting like they don't exist, hanging from random points in the middle of the room.

It's been a few rotations since I ran HoodChecker. I should probably do that. I should probably have done that before I deleted those memories...oh, well.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#285 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 6:32 AM
Strangest glitch I've ever seen was a long time ago where I deleted a sim off a community lot the boolprop cheat way and shift click. A minute later he returned and with a clone of himself. I didn't have the inSIMenator mod or sim blender back then. I figured I might be corrupting my hood by doing that so that's why now I only use boolprop cheats as little as possible and keeping them off when I play. So I figured that sim coming back with a clone was Montezuma's revenge.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#286 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 9:50 AM
Only I can't grab and move the two hanging plants! They just sit there acting like they don't exist, hanging from random points in the middle of the room.
Stuck object remover maybe?
Forum Resident
#287 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Strangest glitch I've ever seen was a long time ago where I deleted a sim off a community lot the boolprop cheat way and shift click. A minute later he returned and with a clone of himself.

I've never had an occurrence of clones before, but then again, I've never deleted sims from community lots via debug mode. I have done with residential lots, though.

As for weird bugs I've encountered, I've had plenty. Funnily enough, I document them every time they occur, because the topic interests me greatly.

I'll compile a list of the interesting ones. I've talked about these before somewhere else, but I forgot where. It wasn't on this forum.

The glitches, most of which happened last year:
▪In Crystal Lake, Annalise had a fear of her boyfriend, Fricorith, turning feral and chasing the neighbours. Not that would ever happen in this game, but you can never be sure apparently. I know it's an error that is a cause of concern, but that 'hood is on borrowed time anyway, unfortunately.

▪A sim, Weiss Winters, kept bringing the carpool driver home from work everyday. I thought nothing of it until I realised couldn't interact with her. I looked her name up, and low and behold, it was Amber Hiatt (I think). I was annoyed as they were best friends forever... I promptly killed Weiss and no carpool drivers have been near the lot since, with the exception of their in game purpose. And yes, I know that's lead to further corruption. I'd seen nothing like it, though.

▪My favourite household, the Castellanos, were faced with an abundance of strange and creepy bugs. When Fricorith's carpool came for him, he spun into his uniform, then his entire body turned red and he started T-posing. His head was completely fine (it still moved and showed expression), it was just his body that was T-posed, red and even flashing. This continued until his head floated into the vehicle, as his body stayed outside. Before it drove away, the T-posing body teleported into the vehicle, clipping through the walls of it and didn't even reattach itself to the head. The head was floating in the seat and the body was in front. It stayed that way even when the carpool was driving off the lot. Upon Fricorith's return from work, he was back to normal, but the game crashed.

▪I was looking above the house, as I watched my sims take care of themselves (I was doing a challenge where I let them look after themselves), when a random stray cat walked into the house. Zooming in to take a look, I saw that the cat was black with white along the top of it, I had my fears, but I remained optimistic. Hovering over the cat, my fears were proven correct; the cat was called "*NPCSkunkSkin." Fortunately, the objects.package file has not been altered, but that was weird.

▪In the same household, at 21:10 (in-game time), Jeannie Chen walked into the house uninvited. I found this odd, as I remembered reading that Jeannie is a hidden townie from the Open for Business expansion pack, who despite having the appearance of a female child, is recognized by the game as an adult male on his last day before becoming an elder. I don't think she's even in the townie pool, right? So, how she got in my game is a mystery. Confused, I paused the game and went to see where she went. I found her stood, and by stood I mean stood in the air, in the back-garden by the swimming pool. While she was on the lot, she didn't interact with anyone. Fortunately, she just paced around the pool until she was scared by a ghost, peed herself, and said something along the lines of, "look at the time, I should leave," and left. I also witnessed a male voice coming out of a young girl for the first time in this game. I didn't have SimPE at the time either, so I don't know how that happened...

I've got more where that came from, but I think this post is getting long. Perhaps, next time.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#288 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 11:04 AM
Pretty rare but can happen. On one of my lots carpools and schoolbus arrived but wasn't able to drive away and just disappeared at full hour. It wasn't a portal thing and was mystery for me until I saw on Batbox "Remove stuck UFO" I was looking back and forth but never so high, so Batbox helped me to solve this.
Mad Poster
#289 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 3:47 PM
I had a bad jump bug with my game once after using the sethour cheat a few time too often to fix the time on returning from community lot outings before switching to using the time freezer clock until another option finally came along to fix that issue.
Scholar
#290 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 7:12 PM
This was a weird one. I had a nanny keep showing up for work at totally random times and this continued after I had canceled the nanny services altogether. I use Pescados bathroom mod and I noticed that Sims never used one of the toilets. They would run to the other side of the house instead use the toilet and then run back to the other bathroom to shower. I did some poking around and discovered the toilet was listed as "in use". I deleted it and this stopped the reappearing nanny issue. The whole thing was weird because when I initially canceled the nanny services she wasn't even on the lot so I'm not sure how she got linked to the toilet in the first place.
Mad Poster
#291 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 7:29 PM
I think that was probably just a coincidence. The nanny scheduling is pretty broken and frequently messes up if the person whose schedule she's tied to gets promoted or gets a new job or something, and sometimes keeps coming back even after you end services. I don't think it's related to toilets. It happens all the time in my game and I've never had a problem with toilets getting stuck in use (although for future reference if that happens I think forcing an error will fix it, too).
Forum Resident
#292 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 5:36 PM
Yeah, my sister had the Nanny issue recently. None of her sims would be at work, yet she'd show up near midnight (in-game time). I think this was a Nanny she'd fired for getting into fights with her sim's husband. Nannies are pretty glitchy overall, I've noticed.

Mad Poster
#293 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 4:12 AM
I wasn't paying any attention while zooming out from my town in town map view and got a blue screen for my town map.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#294 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I wasn't paying any attention while zooming out from my town in town map view and got a blue screen for my town map.

Wow! you must have a heck of a camera mod if you are able to zoom THAT far out.
Forum Resident
#295 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 3:18 PM
Not the strangest glitch ever, but this happened in one of my custom 'hoods last night.

I've not had the Happy Holiday Stuff Pack for very long, so I wanted to try out the New Years Bash. It turns out that the party doesn't start 'till 20:00, which makes sense, as that would make the party end at roughly midnight.

Unfortunately, just as Father Time showed, the police came to shut the party down... He paced around the lot until 7:00, while the kid's were getting ready for school. I doubt that's normal.

Onto a stranger bug that happened the same night, two of my occupied lots vanished randomly. They're still gone in the most recent backup. The sims living in them are fine and can still be invited over and have character data, but the lots are just gone. Fortunately, I looked into it and it's not hard to fix, so I'll sort it tonight, but it's still strange.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#296 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 9:21 PM Last edited by muridae : 28th Aug 2020 at 10:33 PM.
Default Day of the Triffids!
I've been playing a rebooted version of Elsewhere. 18 households (at present), being played in rotation, 3 days at a time. Most households had already reached the first day of winter, but I still had a couple to go when I upgraded downgraded from Sims 2 Super Collection version 1.2.3 to 1.2.4. One of them was the No-Tell Motel, er, the Pink Flamingo Hotel. The owner and his current guests postured, flirted, and in some cases woohooed their way from autumn to winter. They woke up to a new season, I hit save... and then suddenly the motel was full of foliage.

The screenshots below show what it looked like from hood view.

Apparently the scrub oak hood deco has a new bug, where it looks just fine in summer and autumn, but as soon as you hit winter the mesh balloons to giant size. I've yet to play through as far as spring to see whether it shrinks again then, but I do know that if I go into a lot that was still in autumn and save, it'll magically shrink again. So I guess it'll be a 5 day rotation next time, so that I can get somebody through to spring before I enter the Pink Flamingo without all the bedrooms being overrun by shrubbery.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#297 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 12:39 AM
I've got Chris Hatch's version of community time, and for some reason once in a while someone who goes to work doesn't come home that day or the next. Right now the person in question is about to turn elder, and he won't be home for at least 48 hours.
I'm going to play it like he's gone on a long road trip to savor the day and revisit some old stomping grounds. His wife and life can wait. He'll be home by and by...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#298 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 2:48 PM
I haven't visited a mountain vacation destination in quite some time, so I got quite a surprise when I went in to edit a lot recently. My preferred mountain vacation neighborhood is a slightly modified Isle St. Croix, which uses the dirt terrain. I don't like the Maxis "blurry mud" look, so I replaced it with CuriousB's version. This time, when I loaded the lot, CuriousB's terrain was gone and the blurry mud was back! (Nothing was wrong with the neighborhood view.)

I spent almost all day yesterday doing the 50/50 search on all my neighborhood deco and default replacments only to find that the real culprits were apparently a wall mirror and a wall fountain from the EA Store's "Asian Fusion" furniture set.

I think more than one modder has extracted those store objects, but I don't remember whose version I have in my game. If I remember correctly, the Maxis originals were said to be awfully buggy and whatever caused this may not have been fixable or even known to them. I'm just glad it was only two objects that I don't really care about. I made over some of the hotels in Takemizu Village with the furniture from that set and I would have been upset if I'd had to redecorate them all over again.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#299 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 6:23 AM
And you thought the nanny was suspicious... I've had an odd thing happen in 3 lots; kids come home from school, I don't see them get off the buss, but suddenly they sort of DROP right next to the front wall of the house. They don't "check in" at the trash can (a stupid thing in itself!), and I get a message that they've lost a grade for skipping school.
SOOO... obviously the bus driver took them SOMEWHERE, then brought them home and threw them off the bus! I don't want to know what memories these traumatized kids must have!

And, along the lines of the old post above mine... I've spent 2 days finding the reason why no one can play peek-a-boo with toddlers, toddlers can't huggle, and kids can't jump rope. It is either "move out teens" or a crystal ball both of which I've had for a long time. So random!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#300 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
SOOO... obviously the bus driver took them SOMEWHERE, then brought them home and threw them off the bus! I don't want to know what memories these traumatized kids must have!
Page 12 of 15