Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:30 PM
I still think they should make a separate town for oddities. One for realism which would be Pleasant Valley and one for fantasy which would be called Strange Valley (I thought both being Valley would be cute).
Advertisement
#27 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:59 PM
I love the idea of creating our own 'hood from the ground up. I'm kind of curious if it'll be sort of like a sim city and TS2 combined. Like needing police stations to keep crime down. Seamless makes me think sim city without the need for actually building pipelines etc but more the people inside the city instead of the city itself... If that made any sense at all.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
I, too, hope for police stations and fire stations as well. Since we have the NPCs of them in TS2, and since in TS3 we will get to have actual job locations, it only makes sense to have actual locations for the stations.
#29 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenChris
I love the idea of creating our own 'hood from the ground up. I'm kind of curious if it'll be sort of like a sim city and TS2 combined. Like needing police stations to keep crime down. Seamless makes me think sim city without the need for actually building pipelines etc but more the people inside the city instead of the city itself... If that made any sense at all.

Oh, that so reminds me Simville. Anyone remember Simville? I also think it would be really good to have the police and fire stations and things. It would only make sense for our Law Enforcement sims to work at a Police Station.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:18 AM
I really hope that they have seperate neighborhoods. My husband plays almost as much as I do, and I don't want his sims interacting with my sims. We play competley differant, and I don't want his actions to hurt my poor little sims. I don't want to load up the game and find out my sim divorced her husband and married someone else. That would make me very angrey. lol
Mad Poster
#31 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:36 AM
I, too, don't like to share my neighborhood with anyone. I'm very selfish. That's why for those who share computers, creating multiple computer accounts is the best way to go so that you both can still have the default neighborhoods.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:49 AM
I like the idea of just one neighborhood, mostly because I only play one neighborhood now and I don't share my computer with anyone so this doesn't affect me.

I can understand that some people do so maybe they could implement a system where it's you could have multiple neighborhoods using multiple usernames like on Windows where you can sign in under different names.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 1:14 AM
That could work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:08 AM
But if it is true that the only "neighborhood" that will be in TS3 is Pleasant Valley, WHY are maxis doing that to us simmers?
Are they thinking that Strangetown and Veronaville don't have as many loyal simmers as Pleasantview???
Since the city is called Pleasant Valley I assume that it has a connection to Pleasantview. Why not make a Strange City and a Verona Village too?
I guess they are going to continue with the Goth family storyline (in Pleasant Valley) and all that so why drop the Curious brothers, the Capp family and the Beakers?
Are you SURE that there will only be one premade neighborhood/city?
Why call it Pleasant Valley? Why not Sim City or Simsville?
We have been hearing about Sim City in TS2 all the time. "The Sim City Paper", "Sim City Mayor", "Sim City Astronomy Club", "H&M Sim City" etc.
Why not show us the real Sim City instead of telling us that it exists???
Mad Poster
#35 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:40 AM
Because Sim City is the actual Sim City game and being that it was the first Sim City to be created, it served as a main area in TS2 not to be seen but just mentioned. Since many things weren't in the game such as hospitals, Sim City was used as a way to pretend that your neighborhood was not the only place that existed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Because Sim City is the actual Sim City game and being that it was the first Sim City to be created, it served as a main area in TS2 not to be seen but just mentioned. Since many things weren't in the game such as hospitals, Sim City was used as a way to pretend that your neighborhood was not the only place that existed.

But I love Strangetown so much and I think it's sad to throw away so good storyline, landscape and characters (yeah. I feel they are so more complex than the other sims). Why not create Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronavillle AND Pleasant Valley??? Then everybody would be happy.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:01 AM
Does anyone know if we'll be able to create custom neighborhoods? If not, that will be a major turn-off for me. I don't want my sims mixing with Maxis fuglies.

If worse comes to worse, I might just have to start a huge fire :D...

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#38 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:23 AM
Well from the photos I have not seen any fuglies but of course photos for advertisement always look better.

Oceanborn, it's probably because 4 'hoods for the base game alone will be a lot and they probably wanted only one this time to make the game faster.
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 8:18 PM
So far I can understand is there only I ready-to-be-used-city supplied in TS3 and that will be pleasantview. If I like to make a new town, for ex. Paris or Milano, then you can make them as you are used in TS2. They want more creativity from us, so they delete 2 ready-to-be-used hoods. For me nothing will change much as I deleted immediately the standard hoods... see the new cities more like the old hoods and if we lucky, we can split each city up in several hoods... then it should be even more interesting to work with... you make then one big new city with several hoods where your sims can move between.... you can go so big as you want... should be cool!

What I hope is that they make the city without any borders... so that your little town can grow by the time to a hugh city... and that you can travel between the several cities/hoods you make by driving your own car or even by feet...

Found it also important that you can make your town to your own taste... adding new roads anywhere you want without to be stucked to some simcity 4 templates... making roads of asphalt or small tiles... in Europe we have different kind of road structures as in the US... most city plans are based on hundred years of development... would be really great to make narrow one way roads or even 4 lane roads... I always missed that in TS2!!!

But can they make also seemless buildings. In many cities the sidewalls of buildings are building to each other... in TS2 you have always a hugh gap between... love to see that disappearing... for me I like to build a city with the Paris style... and now I can't because the gaps between... please solve that in TS3!!!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StayNuts
So far I can understand is there only I ready-to-be-used-city supplied in TS3 and that will be pleasantview. If I like to make a new town, for ex. Paris or Milano, then you can make them as you are used in TS2. They want more creativity from us, so they delete 2 ready-to-be-used hoods. For me nothing will change much as I deleted immediately the standard hoods... see the new cities more like the old hoods and if we lucky, we can split each city up in several hoods... then it should be even more interesting to work with... you make then one big new city with several hoods where your sims can move between.... you can go so big as you want... should be cool!

What I hope is that they make the city without any borders... so that your little town can grow by the time to a hugh city... and that you can travel between the several cities/hoods you make by driving your own car or even by feet...

Found it also important that you can make your town to your own taste... adding new roads anywhere you want without to be stucked to some simcity 4 templates... making roads of asphalt or small tiles... in Europe we have different kind of road structures as in the US... most city plans are based on hundred years of development... would be really great to make narrow one way roads or even 4 lane roads... I always missed that in TS2!!!

But can they make also seemless buildings. In many cities the sidewalls of buildings are building to each other... in TS2 you have always a hugh gap between... love to see that disappearing... for me I like to build a city with the Paris style... and now I can't because the gaps between... please solve that in TS3!!!

I'd love it too if we could make a real city with buildings next to each other. And different types of streets sound good too.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
The summarizing of the GFW article states that there will be "modding tools" made available to create your own maps/neighborhoods.

Yep!

In The Sims 3 Preview by Rob Fahey he says, "A World Builder tool will let you create your own towns." And the opening screen on the Sims3 web site says, "Everyone can customize everything." So, it appears you can design your city anyway you want to.

I'm thinking about getting some graph paper and starting to design my own town already. I never play the neighborhoods that come with the games, I delete them. I've probably built some 50 different neighborhoods for the Sims2. I put them on disk and swap them back and forth when I want to play them. I'll likely do the same for Sims3.
Instructor
#42 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 11:37 PM
Woah, Oceanborn, calm down. It's just a game.

It's not b/c of Maxis favoritism that an incarnation of Pleasantview is in all the games. Its just that Sims 1 started w/ a generic all-American suburb type of neighborhood, and so Maxis is just continuing the idea as the series progresses. The Goths have been in the game since Sims 1 first came out. That's why they're likely to reappear in TS3 - b/c they're a legacy from TS1, compared to the rest of the characters who were all introduced w/ TS2. If you love Strangetown so much, worse comes to worse you can make your own Strangetown. So chill...okay?

I also think it'd be great if we could get more tools to make a more urban environment. But I think if anything we'll probably get the chance in an EP.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Woah, Oceanborn, calm down. It's just a game.

It's not b/c of Maxis favoritism that an incarnation of Pleasantview is in all the games. Its just that Sims 1 started w/ a generic all-American suburb type of neighborhood, and so Maxis is just continuing the idea as the series progresses. The Goths have been in the game since Sims 1 first came out. That's why they're likely to reappear in TS3 - b/c they're a legacy from TS1, compared to the rest of the characters who were all introduced w/ TS2. If you love Strangetown so much, worse comes to worse you can make your own Strangetown. So chill...okay?

I also think it'd be great if we could get more tools to make a more urban environment. But I think if anything we'll probably get the chance in an EP.

No I cannot make my own Strangetown. It has been confirmed that making your own neighborhood is impossible in TS3. I am a Strangetown fanatic yes and not being able to make it pisses me off a lot. People say that the Goth family was in TS1 and it is true but then it means that TS3 should only contain The Goths and The Brokes. The Dreamers, Calientes and Pleasants should be dropped as well because they are no more relevant to the game itself than the Strangetown characters.
#44 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Will Galen
Yep!
In The Sims 3 Preview by Rob Fahey he says, "A World Builder tool will let you create your own towns."

Really? I thought we couldn't. Well, that gives me a bit more hope for TS3, but I'm still kinda sad that we can't make more than one neighborhood.
Instructor
#45 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
The Dreamers, Calientes and Pleasants should be dropped as well because they are no more relevant to the game itself than the Strangetown characters.

I don't really mind if they drop them. All I really would like to see is the Goths and the Brokes in the game, b/c I've been a Sims fan since TS1 days. Maybe Don too b/c he's engaged to Cassandra & so is technically part of the Goth family.

And if there's a "World Builder" tool I'll bet what they mean is that we'll start out w/ only one neighborhood at a time. So you probably can't rotate between a Victorian themed, sci-fi themed, and everyday themed neighborhood. But you can probably still raze the existing hood and build your own.

Maybe you'll get to build your Strangetown after all.
Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 12:38 AM
Well I don't mind having only one neighborhood because I only play one hood- I have no idea how some people can play so many hoods. However, I like being able to create another separate hood when I want to for testing purposes. This is always important for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
I don't really mind if they drop them. All I really would like to see is the Goths and the Brokes in the game, b/c I've been a Sims fan since TS1 days. Maybe Don too b/c he's engaged to Cassandra & so is technically part of the Goth family.

And if there's a "World Builder" tool I'll bet what they mean is that we'll start out w/ only one neighborhood at a time. So you probably can't rotate between a Victorian themed, sci-fi themed, and everyday themed neighborhood. But you can probably still raze the existing hood and build your own.

Maybe you'll get to build your Strangetown after all.

What if they don't continue the Goths and the Brokes? What if they don't continue any of the old characters and create fresh new characters?
I'd rather they create no old maxis characters than that they only create the Goths and the Brokes. After all it's difficult to recreate any characters in the future because the sims are growing (unlike TS1) and everybody have played them differently. How should EAxis know which generation we have got to???
If they don't remake all the maxis characters they should not even touch the Goths!
Because it's technically not easier to recreate the Goths than all the others.
It would have been an ideal if EAxis remade all the Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville characters and moved them all to Pleasant Valley!
That would be fun.

It pisses me off that we cannot play more than one neighborhood!!!!!
I understand that the game will only come with one hood but we cannot create our own themed?
I like to play both everyday and scifi themed hoods and I don't mix them.
Scholar
#48 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 6:57 AM
Personally, I wouldn't care if they dropped the Goths, the Brokes, the Curiouses, or any other family in TS2. I don't play them, and I don't feel attached to them. I didn't like Bella in TS1, and I don't like her in TS2 either :D

I just hope the town has families with a mix of serious storylines, irreverent ones, normal, and fantastical.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
Personally, I wouldn't care if they dropped the Goths, the Brokes, the Curiouses, or any other family in TS2. I don't play them, and I don't feel attached to them. I didn't like Bella in TS1, and I don't like her in TS2 either :D

I just hope the town has families with a mix of serious storylines, irreverent ones, normal, and fantastical.

Yes. If the hood is going to be 100% generic and the storyline is 100% Pleasantview like I would be bored. I want some geeks and aliens too........
Page 2 of 2