Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

by Shimrod101 Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.19 patch

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Theorist
THANKS POST
#101 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM
Thank you for this the lighting in the game is annoying.
Test Subject
#102 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Impatient Cow : 14th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM. Reason: Added game settings
Default Dark rooms?
Is it normal that the natural lighting that does come into an unoccupied room doesn't brighten the room as supposed to vanilla? The unoccupied rooms are now pitch black albeit for the patches of natural lighting and the furniture having a bright blue-ish sheen. This is version 3 that I'm speaking of by the way.

ETA: My game settings are on high without the use of laptop mode
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#103 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:06 AM
You spotted a big need. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:49 AM
This is really essential. I can't thank you enough for this.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#105 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:51 AM
I love it!!! Thanks!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#106 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by savraghor
im sry i uninstalled this mod.. v2 makes everything WAY too blue, even if i tried to change light color, my white/lightgray surfaces are just blue.. does v3 include v2 lighting? or is v3 just default lighting with a blue color fix?

The V3 mod is the same as V2, with the blue color fix added.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#107 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatient Cow
Is it normal that the natural lighting that does come into an unoccupied room doesn't brighten the room as supposed to vanilla? The unoccupied rooms are now pitch black albeit for the patches of natural lighting and the furniture having a bright blue-ish sheen. This is version 3 that I'm speaking of by the way.

I have the same problem (laptop mode disabled):
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:29 AM
thankyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:25 AM
thank U so much
Test Subject
#110 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:03 PM
Default Not sure if it's working.
Hi,

I got your lighting mod but it doesn't seem to really have made a difference. As you can see, the room my sim is in is still really dark - even though I use those lights in another room - the bathroom - and they're really bright. It's the same downstairs - the kitchen is really dark but the other rooms are fine.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
Awesome work!!! Thank you so much for this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM
Thank you so much for making the lighting mod!! I'm off to give it a try now!!
Field Researcher
#113 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cnstnc680
Hi,

I got your lighting mod but it doesn't seem to really have made a difference. As you can see, the room my sim is in is still really dark - even though I use those lights in another room - the bathroom - and they're really bright. It's the same downstairs - the kitchen is really dark but the other rooms are fine.

Same for me, no difference !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
Another important necessity to my game. Thanks!
Test Subject
#115 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:44 PM
ok so i used v3 since u said it was v2 lighting with the blue fix, and well look at the screen shot.. still blue as hell on all my white/grey surface throughout my house
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:03 PM
Thanks for the work! But it doesn't work perfectly on mine. Sims' faces and bodies still looks dark, and when the lights goes off, furniture are so bright. Am I the only one who meet these problems?
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:34 PM
I got the same problems many of you have (furniture still rather blue/bright). This only gets better if I use maaaany lamps.
Instructor
#118 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:58 AM
@Shimrod101

Can you make another version where the outdoor sunlight brighter?

It seems the indoor lighting brighter than the sunlight now.

I like what you did with the indoor, and I want the same quality applied to the sunlight too, as it became dull now compare with the indoor.

I want the hot bright sunlight!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#119 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:33 PM
For everyone's information: I'm currently remaking this mod as there are actually XML tuning files on these same DATA files which need to be used at the same time in the mod. This wasn't known previously by me or others, but it appears that ALL of the DATA tuning files have a corresponding XML file which also needs to be modded.

This became known for sure this weekend by using the velocitygrass XML Extractor tool which extracts the XML tunings from the large Combined Tuning file which EA is using. It wasn't possible for me or other modders to know earlier what tunings were inside this file, or how many there were (around 20,000).

So sorry about this, but there was no way to know in advance concerning this Combined Tuning situation and it's implications for this and all the other DATA mods.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 6:58 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:32 AM
I don't know what I am doing wrong but the lighting doesn't change in my game.
I altered the resource.cfg file to look for directories and subdirectories
I unzipped the file
I checked enable script mods
I just don't know why it's not working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:07 PM
You are a true lifesaver!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:52 AM
Can't wait for the next version of your mod! It's really a lifesaver (though some issues exist like the blue tint on white objects) ! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:19 PM
To those who lighting doesn't change.

I got same problem like the lighting does not make any change after I use this mod, but this problem can solve by simply replacing old lighting to new lighting.
Oh I know there is many lighting to replace, but one light will be much brighter than old one.
Its very nice!! XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#125 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cytosine
To those who lighting doesn't change.

I got same problem like the lighting does not make any change after I use this mod, but this problem can solve by simply replacing old lighting to new lighting.
Oh I know there is many lighting to replace, but one light will be much brighter than old one.
Its very nice!! XD

WHAT?!?! Grrrrrrr.... Thanks for posting, I have to try this to see if it is this way for me too.

Page 5 of 12