Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 60 of 80
Test Subject
#1476 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 2:20 PM
Could you help me ? Every time i try to open the ripper it says "I can't find the game", i already clicked "repeat" and it doesn't work..
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1477 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mprin
Hey! I have the same problem that someone mentioned here. I tried removing all my CC; making new sims… but the error continues. It’s impossible for me to export sims DAE’s because sims won’t appear on the application anymore (as dz1986 said) after the last game update, previously to the HSY EP. I think the problem happens with new sims, created after the last patch, because I still can export sims that I created before, it doesn't matter if they have CC or not.

This application is the best, and hopefully there’s a solution for this. I have a lot of ideas for Sims 4 renderd but the program doesn’t work Thank you for creating this work of art!

Are you using the latest version, 3.13.1? Are you sure you removed ALL CC and Mods? Did you start a new game? Have you tested with plain human sims? I'm having no problems with newly created vanilla sims, so I suspect it's CC or mod related, or possibly something going on with an occult.

Please give the text of the error you're getting, and please upload your save game. I'm currently working on a new version with logging added, hopefully making it easier to identify which packages are causing problems, so you could wait for that.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1478 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ivy.miller_
Could you help me ? Every time i try to open the ripper it says "I can't find the game", i already clicked "repeat" and it doesn't work..

What happens when you click Retry? Please explain more than just 'it doesn't work'.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1479 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mprin
Hey! I have the same problem that someone mentioned here. I tried removing all my CC; making new sims… but the error continues. It’s impossible for me to export sims DAE’s because sims won’t appear on the application anymore (as dz1986 said) after the last game update, previously to the HSY EP. I think the problem happens with new sims, created after the last patch, because I still can export sims that I created before, it doesn't matter if they have CC or not.

This application is the best, and hopefully there’s a solution for this. I have a lot of ideas for Sims 4 renderd but the program doesn’t work Thank you for creating this work of art!

I have the same problem!
Here a screenshot of the error

and here the text of the error
https://justpaste.it/4ajjl

I tried with and without any CC but the error still shows up with specific sims (not all, but a few ones).
I updated to the last patch (1.90.375.1020).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1480 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katdars
I have the same problem!
Here a screenshot of the error

and here the text of the error
https://justpaste.it/4ajjl

I tried with and without any CC but the error still shows up with specific sims (not all, but a few ones).
I updated to the last patch (1.90.375.1020).

Which sims? Please upload your save game and say which sims are giving you the error.

Test Subject
#1481 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 3:49 PM
Hi! Sorry for my English My game version is 1.90.375.1020. I have 10 sims but I can only export two. Mods and CC are not in the folder. Tried a new save, didn't help. Error - unhandled exception in application. Help me!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1482 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insoulsims
Hi! Sorry for my English My game version is 1.90.375.1020. I have 10 sims but I can only export two. Mods and CC are not in the folder. Tried a new save, didn't help. Error - unhandled exception in application. Help me!

If the sims appear in the preview, please upload the Sim Troubleshooting Info. If they don't appear, please upload your save game and give me the names of the sims with no CC or mods that you can't export.

Test Subject
#1483 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If the sims appear in the preview, please upload the Sim Troubleshooting Info. If they don't appear, please upload your save game and give me the names of the sims with no CC or mods that you can't export.

my sims are russian.

Ной Фостер
Алекс Гренсен
Вероника Дэвис
Нейтан Барнс
Attached files:
File Type: rar  saves.rar (32.76 MB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1484 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insoulsims
my sims are russian.

Ной Фостер
Алекс Гренсен
Вероника Дэвис
Нейтан Барнс

Thank you!!! It needed an update for teen acne.

Version 3.13.2.0 is uploaded, with acne and DLC supported, and logging added for future troubleshooting.

Test Subject
#1485 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 2:14 AM
Default Issues with exporting my sims in TS4 ripper
I am having dropping with when i export my sims in the new version of the TS4 ripper is there anyone I can help because i use blender and my sim meshes is not popping up for me at all. I try exporting sims with CC and sims without CC and it is still the same thing.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  KendraBlanco_TroubleShoot.zip (14.86 MB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1486 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrettyD
I am having dropping with when i export my sims in the new version of the TS4 ripper is there anyone I can help because i use blender and my sim meshes is not popping up for me at all. I try exporting sims with CC and sims without CC and it is still the same thing.

Previewing, exporting the .dae, and importing into Blender all worked fine for me. It's very slow because something on your sim is very high poly. Depending on your system it might be possible that it takes too many resources and doesn't finish.

Exactly what is the problem you're having?

Test Subject
#1487 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 3:58 AM
Previewing, exporting the .dae, and importing into Blender all worked fine for me. It's very slow because something on your sim is very high poly. Depending on your system it might be possible that it takes too many resources and doesn't finish.

Exactly what is the problem you're having?

I actually use blender to render my sims but the mesh is not attach to the sim so i can pose them in blender if that make senses. I can't pose my sims in blender pretty much.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1488 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 11:26 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 16th Aug 2022 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PrettyD
I actually use blender to render my sims but the mesh is not attach to the sim so i can pose them in blender if that make senses. I can't pose my sims in blender pretty much.

In a few very large models like this one the rig assignment doesn't seem to load right in Blender. All the .dae meshes are written the same way so I have no idea why. I tried parenting the mesh to the rig but I probably didn't do it right since I couldn't get it to work. I know it can be done since a lot of people replace the rig with a posing rig. I don't know Blender well enough to help, but maybe a Blender expert or a tutorial can help you with that.

If not, all I can suggest is to remove some of the CC that's making the mesh so big. Part of the problem is that the .dae is so huge it takes forever to even load in a text editor so I can't see if something's wrong with it. If you can get it down to a reasonable size and it still doesn't work I'll take another look.

Edit: After more testing, I think something has changed in the game meshes since this seems to be happening with women but not men. I'm working on it.

Edit: After even more testing, it turns out to be a default replacement female head in your CC. I'll see if I can figure out how it's having this effect, and meanwhile you can remove the package when you rip a sim.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1489 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update!
Test Subject
#1490 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 12:28 PM
Which sims? Please upload your save game and say which sims are giving you the error.

I was about to upload everything, but I tried the new version that just came out (3.13.2.0) and now it works! If I have other issues, I'll upload the save game. Thank you for your work!
Test Subject
#1491 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 7:11 PM
Thank you!!! It needed an update for teen acne.

Version 3.13.2.0 is uploaded, with acne and DLC supported, and logging added for future troubleshooting.

Everything is working! Thanks a lot for the quick help! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#1492 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 10:39 PM
Hey so I hope someone can help me here, I have the newest ripper from here and when I try to rip my sims some parts of the sim body is deformed looking. For example my sim's forearm looks considerably small and fragile looking. Do anyone know what this could be
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1493 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gawdlysims
Hey so I hope someone can help me here, I have the newest ripper from here and when I try to rip my sims some parts of the sim body is deformed looking. For example my sim's forearm looks considerably small and fragile looking. Do anyone know what this could be

Please upload the Sim Troubleshooting Info and a picture of what your sim is supposed to look like.

Test Subject
#1494 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:41 PM
Default Distortion when switching to different settings
I'm having an odd thing happen where my sims load in as they're supposed to look at first but if I change a setting (say, textures to HQ etc) or the outfit (ex: party to everyday) it begins distorting their face. It gets more and more distorted with every setting change. The right on the image is what the sim looks like normally, the left is what he looks like after changing the outfit category. I wasn't having this issue before and no cc has been changed + they load in just fine so I'm confused. I'm not sure what you need specifically for this since it's happening with every sim with cc on it.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1495 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nvcn4thepn
I'm having an odd thing happen where my sims load in as they're supposed to look at first but if I change a setting (say, textures to HQ etc) or the outfit (ex: party to everyday) it begins distorting their face. It gets more and more distorted with every setting change. The right on the image is what the sim looks like normally, the left is what he looks like after changing the outfit category. I wasn't having this issue before and no cc has been changed + they load in just fine so I'm confused. I'm not sure what you need specifically for this since it's happening with every sim with cc on it.

Thanks for the report. Coincidentally I had someone else's troubleshooting info in my mods, and I'm seeing this on sims with no CC also but only with that troubleshooting info in place, only when I change outfits, and only on the noses. I suspect it's specific default replacement CC and that there may be at least two different pieces of CC involved.

Please upload your Sim Troubleshooting Info for any sim showing this problem. I need to track down which CC is causing this, and why, and two examples is better than one.

Test Subject
#1496 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 8:49 PM
Hey love
thank you for your hard work im having the same issue where my sim and her rig is separated in blender how can i narrow down the cause im new here sorry should i add screen shots
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1497 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Passionate
Hey love
thank you for your hard work im having the same issue where my sim and her rig is separated in blender how can i narrow down the cause im new here sorry should i add screen shots

In the previous case it was caused by [Noir and Dark Sims 4] Head Replacement with Realistic Tongue for AF.package. I don't know yet how to fix it, but you can remove that package, or any other default replacement head, when you use SimRipper.

Test Subject
#1498 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 4:11 AM
Default Troubleshooting Info
Thanks for the report. Coincidentally I had someone else's troubleshooting info in my mods, and I'm seeing this on sims with no CC also but only with that troubleshooting info in place, only when I change outfits, and only on the noses. I suspect it's specific default replacement CC and that there may be at least two different pieces of CC involved.

Please upload your Sim Troubleshooting Info for any sim showing this problem. I need to track down which CC is causing this, and why, and two examples is better than one.

If default replacements are suspected, the two default replacements I use for all my sims are kellyhb5 whisper eyes and icecream for breakfast/hellfrozeover pearly whites teeth. I'll provide 4 of the sims it's happening to (though there are more). I did have 1 sim where it didn't happen to and she has the defaults but no nose mask, I thought maybe that would have something to do with it considering 3 out of the 4 I'm sending do but the 4th, Thaddeus doesn't have one either and still had his eyes distort. You'll probably understand it more than me after looking over the info but yeah, I wasn't sure what to narrow it down to.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  QuintinMcNeely_TroubleShoot.zip (33.46 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: zip  BrettMcNeill_TroubleShoot.zip (35.07 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: zip  ThaddeusMoser_TroubleShoot.zip (35.59 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: zip  TaylorOropeza_TroubleShoot.zip (36.62 MB, 2 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1499 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 2:54 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 18th Aug 2022 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nvcn4thepn
If default replacements are suspected, the two default replacements I use for all my sims are kellyhb5 whisper eyes and icecream for breakfast/hellfrozeover pearly whites teeth. I'll provide 4 of the sims it's happening to (though there are more). I did have 1 sim where it didn't happen to and she has the defaults but no nose mask, I thought maybe that would have something to do with it considering 3 out of the 4 I'm sending do but the 4th, Thaddeus doesn't have one either and still had his eyes distort. You'll probably understand it more than me after looking over the info but yeah, I wasn't sure what to narrow it down to.

Turns out this is a bug in SimRipper - I wasn't starting each outfit with a clean copy of the rig and, depending on the particular morphs a sim uses, the rig being adjusted and readjusted for the next outfit caused these seemingly random distortions. It may just show up more with custom bone morphs or default replacements that may move the bone where an EA morph doesn't and the effect magnified over several reloads to become very visible.

I'm attaching a test version of SimRipper for you to try while I figure out the unrigged heads problem. I only tested on two of your sims so a more complete test would be helpful.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_3_13_2_1.zip (3.52 MB, 48 downloads)

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1500 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hot_Cheeto
Hey Cmar,

First of all thanks for all you've done on ripper while thepancake1 is unable to update 4.07 right now.

The main issue I seem to be having is the thighs merging together essentially. Attached is an example of what I mean.

Please upload the Sim Troubleshooting Info.

Page 60 of 80