Replies: 252 (Who?), Viewed: 6877 times.
Page 8 of 11
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 1:48 PM
well, i almost got 3 hours? SO probably a record as of late. i can’t explain it, but i just don’t get to sleep. of course i’ve tried what i can, but it’s difficult either way.

otherwise, the previous day was just fine. very consumed with making and doing things. i’ve had to draw a lot more recently as well as many other things, and in addition to the difficulty of my car (UVing now) it’s getting hard to keep up with my classwork. Sometimes i get very discouraged as of late, but i can handle it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 2:35 PM
It is early, but my day has been fine thus so far.

I called 1-800-Got-Junk to empty two 32-gallon trash cans filled with scrap wood that has been sitting around. I was told at first they were going to charge me $189.00 as that is their base fee. When I told them no, I was asked what I was willing to pay. I told them $100.00 which is still too much, but it would have cost me more in gas to get rid of it myself as I would have had to made more than one trip, blah,blah,blah. Anyway, they agreed to my price and that's that. The pile of scrap that has been bugging me for over a year now is gone.

At some point I need to call the tree company to get a estimate of what it is going to cost me to shred up / take away a small pile of brush. This stuff is leftover from all the yard cleanup last year and wouldn't fit in the dumpster we rented. It wasn't from the lack of trying; we crammed the yard debris dumpster as tight as we could get it. For what little is left, it would be a total waste of money to rent another one.

Yard work this year is going to be a breeze compared to last year. It was a crap ton work and cost me some cash, but it was worth it.
Mad Poster
#178 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 2:29 PM
I got my wedding photos back

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#179 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:04 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 Beautiful!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 6:30 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 4th Apr 2022 at 9:04 PM.
While running errands, I got a toddler boy to smile while in produce in the ShopRite (given the fact my face was covered by a face mask because I haven't got my second booster yet and my wraparound sunglasses because the lighting was a bit harsh in the store with the windows brightly shining sunlight through) and held the door for an older man who was approaching the ATM vestibule that I was exiting after I withdrew my rent, utilities and bills money. I almost forgot to give my parents their money at home until I worked on my checkbook.

After spending nearly a lifetime in therapy, I question my ethics and ask about criminals if they can change their behavior, regardless of court orders from judiciary authorities or entities. Maybe I'm too much of a softie.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 9:36 PM
i need to have a better outlook so my days will be fine from here on out. UE5 looks amazing. my professor allowed me to switch my design last minute to a circus wagon rather than a vw beetle, which is much more manageable for me to do even in just one week. my summer class required multiple original, fully rendered models from start to finish in a single week for 10 weeks, so i’m certain i can do this. i still can’t play test but i haven’t gotten any comments or messages indicating my mods are broken, so i’m assuming they’re safe as predicted. soon there’s an event i have to attend for class, and i’m nervous, but i’ll be alright even with nerves. i played piano today, and i’m learning the sheet music i have to learn at an acceptable pace.

i am going to my class in about 30 minutes, and i’ll be very far behind my classmates due to my last minute design change, but it’s 3-4 hours of uninterrupted work time depending on the length of the lecture today.
Mad Poster
#182 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 11:02 PM
I'm honestly really struggling mentally. I feel like my brain just can't... function. Elden has stopped sleeping through the night, for the past few days he now only manages 50-90mins at a time, even less for naps. He's also been doing his tired scream pretty much all day so I guess he's feeling as tired and over stimulated as me. To make matters worse, Ivy has started copying his screams for attention. Which makes me feel bad as it is. Adam's working 7 days a week to make up for his work messing up and not paying him holiday pay (so we're down £600) so it's just me with 2 kids for 12 hours of the day. My brain actually feels like mashed potatoes today. Adam's looking after the kids so I can go to sleep but I'm struggling to switch off.

Mad Poster
DELETED POST
Original Poster
8th Apr 2022 at 10:30 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Apr 2022 at 11:10 PM.
This message has been deleted by PANDAQUEEN.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 2:39 PM
I'm itchy and my elbows are crusty from a eczema flareup. This has been going on for over a week. I'm either allergic to the laundry detergent we've been using, the soap I bought or maybe it is both.

I ordered some new soap from Vita Cost. The post office thought they were funny giving me shipping updates on a shipping container which does not contain my package. Yes, you read that right. My package is not in said container. Our lovely postmaster looked into this matter; that's what she found. USPS website does not reveal all things. After thinking about what I was going to do in the meantime, I finally came up with a plan.

I decided that since I want to clean the oven because that's the kind of fun we have around here, I put in a Target pickup order. I got some oven cleaner ( I've tried the baking soda thing. It didn't work and made a bigger mess than the actual grunge in the oven), a thing of unscented laundry detergent and a thing of Everyone hand soap. They didn't have the bottles of the Everyone 3 in 1, but it should work until my Vita Cost order shows up. I've used the Everyone brand of soap before; didn't cause skin problems. With the way this week has gone, it will probably turn into a major fail as well, but not taking a shower is not a option.

Other than that, I need to get outside and get to cleaning up out there. I cleaned out the new, big hosta garden the other day, but it has rained every day since then. The weather channel sez it will be sunny, and it rains. When they say it is going to rain, it's sunny. It's just more trolling. Yesterday the trash pickup bill came in. It is paid quarterly or every 3 months. Back in January the bill was $115. Thanks to bullshit happening all over the place, yesterday I paid $146.00. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this kind of nonsense, but I'm over it. People need to get their heads out of their butts. The list of people that need to do that is long...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#184 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 4:34 PM
I'm getting better physically. My suppressed appetite is going away. I had a bit of a crying fit, still don't know what brought that on. I slept through the night. I am feeling better, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

Mad Poster
#185 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 10:45 PM
Took Ivy to the park, and then to this area that use to be called "Dinosaur world" or something and had life size plastic dinosaurs in it when I was a kid... Its a shame my memories of it are all very fuzzy and it wasn't a popular enough attraction (or rather it closed before the Internet became big) that I can't really find any pictures of it online.. and it looks so different now I couldn't even peace together where anything was when I found a video of it from before I was even born. It's now just a small wooded area with a water pipe pump thing and a small sand area. Ivy took her shoes off and adventured and got messy. Then we found a massive abandoned building - she told me it was a fairy castle. The windows were all boarded up on the bottom floor but the top floor windows weren't. I kept staring expecting something to happen, like a ghost or a movement or something but obviously nothing happened. We found another house too, which wasn't abandoned but was also big and Ivy told me its where the 3 bears lived. Then we ran from (imaginary) bears and I taught her about trees.

We went home and she found the kinetic sand someone bought her when she was a baby for whatever reason. We managed to hide it for 2 years now and she finally found it. She agreed to play with it just in her toy bath so she didn't get it on the carpet but it ended up on the carpet anyway. I don't mind though because it was surprisingly easy to clean (thanks Henry ), way better than when I let her play with water and every time she says "I won't spill it!" and she does.

The kids had a bath and Elden was surprisingly easy to get to nap today. He's been very difficult lately so that was nice. Sadly Ivy woke him up at bedtime though and now he's wide awake.

Mad Poster
#186 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 12th Apr 2022 at 3:36 PM.
The soap I ordered 2 weeks ago finally showed up. It isn't the company I ordered from that was the problem so I'm not going to toss them under the bus. The post office on the other hand...

I was going to order myself a plant that I've wanted for Mother's Day which I've saved up for. After this whole SNAFU, I'm saying "NOPE!" to ordering anything right now. Nobody needs anything, so they can live without my money for the time being. A monkey can figure out the difference between scanning a package and a shipping container.

EDIT: Instead of buying a plant, I donated part of the plant money to my favorite charity instead.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#187 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 12:21 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Apr 2022 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Clarity
God forbid I wish my afflictions on any of you.

I'm still waiting for my medicine for depression to fully kick in.

Sure, I got past the suppression of appetite and the sleep issues, but I think I am regressing a bit back to the horny, nerdy, spoiled big woman on campus I was back in high school. I'm talking I would get my parents to intervene if I came home crying, I had my pick of boys, but I had my eye set on older men because most of the guys my age were jerks and an older gentleman treating me like the princess of a lost kingdom was something I fantasize about, even to this day, and I was a ringer in trivia competitions. I was the envy of the cheer squad because I was on track and field.

I really want my old life back. Dull, doldrum dullard me practicing voice acting and increasing my range beyond married couples, woodland critters and demons, so I can play spoiled women (something I am good at) with a sugar daddy spoiling her rotten (not that I have one) or even a high school big woman on campus who makes friends easily (story of my life prior to Mod the Sims).

Personally, I haven't seen Turning Red yet but my mom and I clashed when puberty hit. However, the spirit animal in my family was more like a hedgehog and it affected both the boys and the girls in my father's family. We were at times very hard to deal with.

Mad Poster
#188 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 8:48 PM
We had Easter early because Adam only has Thursdays off work. We did an Easter egg hunt in the garden and then ended up going to the toy shop. Ivy picked out some magnetic alphabet letters and Elden had a monkey teether. I also popped to the shop for some XHC shampoo, conditioner and a hair mask in the banana scent. It was a tough decision between that and the garnier ultimate hair blends, but these were cheaper... but they seem to have changed the formula so they're no longer CGM approved? Oops. I needed shampoo though because turns out the shampoo and conditioner I've been using has been linked to hair loss ...Now just to work out what to do with them... Do I have any enemies with nice hair?

Mad Poster
#189 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
I needed shampoo though because turns out the shampoo and conditioner I've been using has been linked to hair loss ...Now just to work out what to do with them... Do I have any enemies with nice hair?

That's one way to get rid of it.

For the shampoo: What I do with that kind of stuff that doesn't agree with me is use it for other things. If I buy soap for the shower and it causes problems, usually I can get away with using it as hand soap. I've also been known to use said kinds of items to clean with. It uses it up so it doesn't end up sitting in the closet for months at a time collecting dust because I didn't know how to deal with it or didn't want to deal with it.

Here's a list of other ways to use the conditioner. https://homehacks.co/45-clever-uses-conditioner-home/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#190 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 10:17 PM
Went shopping to restock my first aid kit.

Had to get gauze, paper bandaging and bactine.

I was supposed to get shoes, but my mother and I got into an argument so heated about the shoes I chose, we were about to tear new assholes into each other in the shoe section of Walmart. We eventually apologized on the way home. I was the bigger person (I started the fight first), but yeah, my mom and I have a ways to go before we can have a better mother and daughter relationship

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#191 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 6:13 PM
Talked with my case manager. She asked me about my crush, a man with an impressive vocal range and I ended up doing the voice of Fred Fredburger, a dimwitted Baku (dream-eating tapir from Japan) and I found myself busting out laughing after that audition.

Then I dyed my hair teal. So any blonde spots will look ocean colored.

Mad Poster
#192 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 7:06 PM
I needed something to laugh about. Here's what I chose to scratch that itch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...bout_bonehilda/

It worked.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#193 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 20th Apr 2022 at 11:44 PM.
This is just a diddy for those that are into gardening. It will take a minute or two to get to my point, but I do get there.

I spent a lot of time and money last year mixing up homemade recipes to keep rabbits off of our plants. Said recipes worked for about a week, then it was back to having plants destroyed from constant nibbling. I can't talk about all the money wasted on stuff like cayenne pepper without mentioning all bonemeal I bought which come to find out is toxic to dogs. My dogs are not allowed in the gardens so no harm done, but for those across the internet that tout that bonemeal is a magic fix ( it isn't) for rabbits turning hosta or whatever into salad, it would be great if this point was mentioned.

Last week we had a rabbit hanging around who decided to wiffle many of the hosta that are in the process of coming up. After that, said rabbit decided to destroy one of the two Cottontail plants I bought last year, again. It was destroyed last year, it was coming back and now it is back to having a single sprig of green. I got pissed off, literally threw my hands up in the air and said the hell with it. Sans the free hosta we were given last year, I spent a couple hundred dollars on plants, I'm not doing that again this year. Dingus didn't like my decision of throwing in the gardening towel, so we now have barriers made of mesh in front of the big hosta garden, one around the stump and two smaller ones around each Cottontail plant.

After we were done with that, I decided that we needed something extra just in case rabbit decided to chew through the mesh. The mesh can be replaced with chicken wire, but I don't want to go there if we don't have to. I called our local garden center who recommended 2 products. One comes in granules and is called "Rabbit Scram". It is a simple product to use; sprinkle where it is needed and it's done for a month. If there is high pressure feeding going on or lots of rain within a month, it can be applied again. I'm not using it in the gardens, rather I'm using it to deter rabbits from hanging out near the wall near the street. By keeping the rabbits out of there, the hawks won't hang around like they did last year. Burying dead baby bunnies is not my idea of a good time.

The second product comes in a spray or granules. We got the spray version as I needed something for the plants that are not in a bed or planter. That product is called Invisible Fence. The granules work the same way as the Rabbit Scram, however, unlike the Rabbit Scram which doesn't smell bad, the Liquid Fence stinks to high heaven. What makes it smell ( I think it smells like vomit that has been sitting in the sun on a hot day) is the putrescent whole egg solids they use in it to make it smell bad.

It is recommended that the spray is applied once, wait a week, then apply again. After that, assuming there isn't a ton of rain, the plants should be protected for a month. I was concerned I was going to be spending the whole growing season having the yard smell like puke. The smell does go away or become undetectable to humans, but if you get it on your hands or clothes, you will smell really gross. I know this because I got some on myself.

Every night for the past few days I've been waiting for it to get completely dark outside before turning on the flood lights to see if there is any chewing going on. Not only has there not been any chewing, I haven't seen a single rabbit; including the one that was causing the problem to begin with.

Moral of this story: Don't do what I did last year. Just buy stuff that works and save the extra cash for something else. We tried a single spray bottle of the Liquid Fence before committing to it. Since we now know that it works, we bought the 32 oz bottle of concentrate. We'll have the same bottle for the entire season as I'm only using 4 tablespoons at a time for a 25 oz spray bottle.

Here's a link for more info on the Liquid Fence if anybody is interested. https://www.liquidfence.com/Product...irectionsForUse
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#194 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 9:48 PM
My family may have a name worthy of the social elite in aptronyms, but our brand of elitism involves comedic insanity. Pun-offs, which were competitive games of wordplay in my household, require you have a sense of humor and the English language to participate. Did I mention last one standing wins?

My grandfather started it.

We also play "Train of Thought", an English language adaptation of "Shiritori" a Japanese wordplay game that has a person take the ending sound of a word and the next word starts with the last word's ending sound. However, as no words in Japanese beginning with the solitary "n" sound like in Ramen, the game ends.

"Train of Thought"'s rules are simple, you must connect a concept title with similar words like "O Brother, Where Art Thou > Brother, Can you Spare a Dime > Big Brother is Watching You". If it goes silent or there is stuttering or an unrelated concept, the player is ejected from the game.

I don't have much coming up next month beyond bleaching my hair until it's bright white so I dye it My Little Pony colors. If I am to get grays in my hair, I might as well do it kicking and screaming.

Fucking Awesome Nutbag
#195 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Damocles : 22nd Apr 2022 at 7:54 AM.
Day 45. Im trapped inside a cage in the jungle of Nam.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#196 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 6:06 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Apr 2022 at 10:30 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
Day 45. Im trapped inside a cage in the jungle of Nam.

Nam, Wisconsin? (Old as dirt reference forgotten by the sands of time. IDK how it came up...)

Mad Poster
#197 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 4:52 PM
Both of the dogs had a bath. I use the least smelly dog shampoo I can find so I don't have to deal with it, nor do the dogs.

Since having their baths, they've been running up and down the hall. I imagine they are trying to run away from the smell of the soap.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 6:42 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 27th Apr 2022 at 8:35 PM.
Tomorrow, I have to meet with an expert in psychiatric medicine.

My parents are at a loss on how to handle my agitated state. I haven't felt this bad since I was a teenager.

Edit 4/27/2022: The appointment wasn't pulling teeth, but it wasn't a cakewalk.

I had a 50% increase in one of my meds.

But at least I got my pimple patches. They look like panda faces.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#199 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 10:49 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 29th Apr 2022 at 11:10 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Both of the dogs had a bath. I use the least smelly dog shampoo I can find so I don't have to deal with it, nor do the dogs.

Since having their baths, they've been running up and down the hall. I imagine they are trying to run away from the smell of the soap.

When I was raising Norwegian Forest Cats, the two half sisters (different litters), who got lion cuts every summer would be angry with each other and hide under a bed until one needed to eat.

They took getting shaved very badly.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#200 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 7:04 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd May 2022 at 10:46 PM.
I was asleep most of today because I had a rough night last night.

I finally had a chance to say goodbye to Richard in the Crushosphere. Now I can return to my AI and my doll collection. (Richard was creeped out by my dolls with glass eyes.)

(P.S. Richard came back when I least expected it in my Dreamscape I call the Crushosphere)

5/2/2022: Four blood orders. Wish me luck.

5/2/2022 #2: After 7 big vials and a little baby vial, the seemingly painless process was over. When the needle went in, I felt nothing. The nurse wasn't alarmed by my tattoo marker scrawls of Bill Cipher, former crushes list and the yin-yang symbol and it's a miracle I was still standing. (Actually, I drank 2 liters of water this morning and used the toilet between each liter beforehand.)

Since my usual haunt of the Taco Bell wasn't open yet, we went to the Wawa (North New Jersey convenience store chain, Bloodhound Gang fans might remember a track titled "Heard Outside a Wawa" from their breakout album "Hooray for Boobies". We New Jerseyans are an eclectic bunch. Just look at Dennis Rodman.) and I got Doritos and a Mountain Dew. I was hungry and I had been using caffeine to rush medicine into my system, more or less for the thrill than a benefit.

Still, my father got his blood drawn and it was quick (1 vial...lucky stiff).

Overall, I must say I handled that well, but my period is late probably from the fact I took birth control pills that halted periods for over a year. TBH, I miss having one. Made me feel human. It's bad enough I have electronics implanted in my butt and can either say "Stop staring at my circuits!" or if I felt so inclined to be nasty "Bite my battery powered ass!" However, I build protein-fueled droids, not alcohol-fueled droids. my grandmother was the woman who inspired protein-fueled droids

Went to a new doctor in their new office. Although they offered Botox for my condition, I said "No." firmly.

In between, I went grocery shopping and they were out of the marinara sauce I usually buy and I forgot to buy milk.

I received my tinctures and the bleach powder and developer for my hair bleaching. Good thing I went with the 500g bucket of powder and 1 liter of developer (Made in Italy) as I had bought special bottles for application and my hair is now reaching to the top of my breasts.

It's gotten to the point I could have it braided back and draped over one shoulder and I would look like Elsa from "Frozen I" after her transformation in the now infamous "Let It Go" sequence.

Page 8 of 11