Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#226 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:54 PM
Where did you install your copy of CAW to? The path will be [Install Location]\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create a World Tool \ CAW.exe.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:41 PM
I have version 1.18 i think, there is no patch for that version?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#228 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:32 PM
The patch has been updated for CAW version 1.18.3 (Sims 3 version 1.36).

Please check the first post for the tutorial link.

Thank you to Atavera for this!

@jackiekay1989- the new patch should work for you.
Test Subject
#229 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 12:49 PM
but i have verison 1.0.4532.19287 ... !??!!?
Test Subject
#230 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 12:50 PM
nevermind.. i read worldbuilder ini , its 1.18
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#231 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 10:19 PM
Does it work for you, loken rocks?
Test Subject
#232 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:30 AM
Hello. I went through all the steps as shown on the tutorial, ran every program as admin, my versions are up to date and it still doesn't work... I get the "The system cannot find the file specified." and after clicking ok I get " The patch seems outdated! ... ; do not match!" I also noticed that when I merge with Tortoise to the 'project' folder I have a file that nobody seems to have. Sims3WorldPackagerCmd.cs . I don't know if that is of any importance. (See images below)

Base Game = v1.36
Caw = v1.18

Also, if of any help I have the following expansions:

Ambitions/ Late Night/ Town Life Stuff/ Pets/ Showtime

I took off the files as you mentioned in IlSpy and redid the process and still no change.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#233 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:52 PM
Test Subject
#234 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 6:15 PM
Well that worked! thanks alot! :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#235 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:41 PM
It seems that the patch does not need updating for the 1.19.3 version of CAW; although a new compiled exe is available. Please see the wiki article for details!
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 7:58 PM Last edited by darkflwrs : 30th Sep 2012 at 10:08 PM.
I am having some problems with this. I followed the instructions exactly and am having issues. I will attach pictures of me error messages. I saw the link about the pre-compiled executable...and forgive me for asking, but can someone possibly run through the steps using that instead of the original patch? I hope that will work, but I'd like to be walked through it so I don't make any errors. Please help!!!

Edit: Just attempted with precompiled version by myself and now all file patches in that left window are read instead of just two being red as before. PLEASE help! lol I really want this to work! Added image of this also!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:13 AM Last edited by darkflwrs : 2nd Oct 2012 at 8:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
It looks like ILSpy is decompiling slightly different for a few of you. Until we know why, here is a temporary fix that you can try.

- Select CAW in ILSpy and Save Code again to a new folder
- Start TortoiseMerge
- Apply ilspy_difference.patch (from the attached zip file) as a unified diff to your project folder
- Now apply the original patch linked from the tutorial and continue normally

Edit(added link)
http://www.4shared.com/file/KvK-ilA...ml?refurl=d1url

I tried this as well...posted pic...everything is in red. I don't know where I'm going wrong, but it's not finding any of these files. I've been trying this for days now...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#238 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:35 AM
A quick question- what version of the game would be best to update to for CAW and the SuperCAW to work?

My base game is currently at 1.26.
Test Subject
#239 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 10:11 PM
I got this to work! Thank you simsample and atavera for the awesome work and your patient and thorough explanation surrounding the challenges. I am running Windows 7, fully patched 1.39 all ep and sp as well. My CAW version 1.19.3.018037. I did end up using the pre-compiled patch. Now to build Eggy's World!!!
Field Researcher
#240 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 10:24 PM
Thank you so much for this simsample! I am having so much fun with SuperCAW! I even noticed that I have snow effects (among other weather effects)! It doesn't stick, but it sure looks pretty!
Screenshots

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Test Subject
#241 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 10:59 AM Last edited by AlexBrooooooklyn273 : 14th Oct 2012 at 1:33 AM.
Hi,

I'm trying to open ILSpy.exe but I get an error message (shown on the picture I attached). How do fix this?
Screenshots
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#242 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 12:18 PM
Did you make a folder for ilspy and then unzip ILSpy_Master_2.1.0.1603_RTW_Binaries.zip inside that folder? If so you should have a collection of files, one is called ILSpy.exe Just double click on it to run it. It does not want to open with an application, because it is an application itself.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#243 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:45 PM
I think you must have misunderstood some step of the instruction. Windows will never ask you what program to open an executable program with. What was the whole name of the file you double-clicked? Tell me the whole name including the bit after the dot. Can you actually see the bits of filenames after the dot, or do you have that turned off? Some people don't have the ends (file extensions) showing.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#244 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 11:26 PM
What happens when you double click on other .exe files?

Test Subject
#245 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
What happens when you double click on other .exe files?

All my other exe files work except the ILSpy.exe
Test Subject
#246 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexBrooooooklyn273
Hi,

I'm trying to open ILSpy.exe but I get an error message (shown on the picture I attached). How do fix this?

Can't someone help me fix this problem?
Test Subject
#247 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:27 AM
Hi,

Isn't someone going to help me fix this problem?
Test Subject
#248 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 11:54 PM
I hate to interject my problems when someone else is still trying to find solutions. But, EA has updated their version of CAW to 0.2.0.165. I don't know if this is what AlexBrooooooklyn273 is dealing with. But I was wondering if there was an updated version of ILSpy? or if ILSpy_Master_2.1.0.1603 will do?
Test Subject
#249 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 7:05 AM
Hi,

Anyone help me please!!!!!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#250 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 2:56 PM
@AlexBrooooooklyn273,
I am curious to learn if you've read the Wiki article - the Errors section? There's a pre-compiled version to use if all things you've tried has failed. Or did the pre-compiled version also not work?

Please also state what version the base game is patched to and what version of CAW do you have? Game Help:Patch_Tablewiki
Page 10 of 15