Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#22801 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:23 PM
SO

If LGR and seemingly everyone else on here like TS4, I guess I have to try it. But I'm not going to buy it. EA won't get a cent of my money.

I stand by my opinion of "fuck you, EA".
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22802 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM
Because Imma have to get the damn thing, Imma have to also try playing it. I am tempted to do a Let's Play, despite never having done one before. Youtube doesn't ban you for excessive profanity, right?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#22803 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:26 PM
18 hours left

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Scholar
#22804 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Because Imma have to get the damn thing, Imma have to also try playing it. I am tempted to do a Let's Play, despite never having done one before. Youtube doesn't ban you for excessive profanity, right?
Naw. Half of what comes out of PewDiePie's mouth is rape jokes, and look where that got him.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Instructor
#22805 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
No walkstyles for children. That sucks ass. I think children could have pulled them off way better than the older life stages.
Scholar
#22806 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nina333
LGR - The Sims 4 Is Unnerving

Uh-oh, is that computer sparking? Looks like it's a hardware (Handiness, the most boring skill of all) fix and not a software (Logic) fix.

How crappy are the parts computer manufacturers use in the Sims 4 world?

Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
Grades. Your kid sim starts school with a C, and a B is pretty easy to get if you go to school/do your homework/play as a kid for more than a sim week. An A is however pretty darn hard to achieve. It took my genious kid with the knowledge kid ambition about two in-game weeks, keeping her mood high, almost maxing the kid version of logic, doing homework + additional, optional homework as the regular one was done every day, along the road gaining some more (necessary) skills, and then she finally got her top grade.

I will certainly not aim for it again. Grind is the word that best describes it.

ETA: I gained nothing from it either from what I could tell. Aged her up with a cake as soon as the grind was completed. She's just any other (tall) teenager.

Another case of no middle ground. This time, it's an overreaction to "School was too easy!"

How much time did she have for good old Fun? Would it be impossible for some kids because pushing them that hard would leave them perma-Tense from the No Fun moodlets (the second worst non-lethal emotion besides Uncomfortable)?

They removed toddlers because potty-training was a grind, yet they're happy with this?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#22807 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:31 PM

You don't have a thing to worry about there, the profanity both in videos and comments would make a sailor find pearls to clutch.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#22808 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
You don't have a thing to worry about there, the profanity both in videos and comments would make a sailor find pearls to clutch.
YouTube's comment section is the perfect place to go whenever you feel you have a little too much faith in humanity.

Field Researcher
#22809 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:35 PM Last edited by Miuki : 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:50 PM.
Wow, people are caving in right and left - that guy from EA was completely right!
To those who are resisting the "new shiny" - I'm with you! Yes, the game doesn't look as awful as it did in the official lifestreams, but it's so sterile and hollow it hurts, no way I'm giving my money to EA for this.
By the way, can someone please confirm if there is or is no jealousy? Is there only a moodlet for being caught in the act? @lovecat can you please explore this situation in one of your upcoming Let's Talks?

Edited to add: No, I'm not calling people out on this, but it makes me sad that EA got away with selling half assed beta version game once again. Anyway, those who enjoy it, have fun, I hope it's worth the money in the long run.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Scholar
#22810 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
YouTube's comment section is the perfect place to go whenever you feel you have a little too much faith in humanity.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
#22811 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:44 PM
I'm not the only not caving, right?

(This isn't about me wanting to control what other people do, it's me being sad that EA is going to be proven right in their marketing of this game, and so the next ones will be even more monetized and marginal.)
Lab Assistant
#22812 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Naw. Half of what comes out of PewDiePie's mouth is rape jokes, and look where that got him.

So he's also talking? All I heard from him the one (and only) time I watched his channel was him screaming like a guy who wants to sound like a girl who actually sounds like he just hit puberty and lost his mind over that.
Lab Assistant
#22813 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:51 PM
I really, really enjoy the game so far, I think I will stop posting here. Or I will get shunned upon because of my positiveness. Sorry.

What a "#weird" game!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22814 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoggoth
I really, really enjoy the game so far, I think I will stop posting here. Or I will get shunned upon because of my positiveness. Sorry.

You can be positive, and anyone who shuns you for doing so will be fed to my vicious canine minions. All opinions and impressions are welcomed here, and I think you'll find that you're far from alone in being positive about the game.

(I am still seething with negativity, but I ain't gonna glare at you for enjoying a game, that'd just be silly.)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
#22815 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
Wow, people are caving in right and left - that guy from EA was completely right!
To those who are resisting the "new shiny" - I'm with you! Yes, the game doesn't look as awful as it did in the official lifestreams, but it's so sterile and hollow it hurts, no way I'm giving my money to EA for this.
By the way, can someone please confirm if there is or is no jealousy? Is there only a moodlet for being caught in the act? @lovecat can you please explore this situation in one of your upcoming Let's Talks?

I am going to wait a couple of months before I make my final decision. At the moment the game is still new and exciting but what will it be like in a month or so? I'll be patiently reading and watching feedback and reviews to make sure that I don't get duped by EA again.
Field Researcher
#22816 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:57 PM
For those who are playing the game, how do the children of oddly or extremely proportioned sims look? Normal or like their parents?
Forum Resident
#22817 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:59 PM
You can be positive, and anyone who shuns you for doing so will be fed to my vicious canine minions. All opinions and impressions are welcomed here, and I think you'll find that you're far from alone in being positive about the game.

(I am still seething with negativity, but I ain't gonna glare at you for enjoying a game, that'd just be silly.)

Same here as @shoggoth, one post even condemns my ordering the game while also praising someone else who is already playing it and (sort of) enjoying it!

I think I was trying to be too clever and my point got lost. Sorry guys!

Maybe I'll just stick to my usual bad jokes in future
Scholar
#22818 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:59 PM

I haven't seen anyone attacking any positive posts or shunning anyone. People (including myself) have been very positive, for example, towards lovcat's reviews, and she's explicitly refused to board the hate train. Don't invent a problem that isn't happening, you'll scare other people away.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22819 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Same here as @shoggoth, one post even condemns my ordering the game while also praising someone else who is already playing it and (sort of) enjoying it!

Point me at 'em. My dogs are hungry.

Lab Assistant
#22820 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:00 PM

that shouldn't stop you from posting shoggoth, i'm intrested in everyone's opinions for this game good or bad
just let those dissagrees rain... .

Also about LGR
Test Subject
#22821 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:05 PM
I found the game at a discounted price so I decided I might as well. I'm not going to kid myself, I was going to get it eventually. Just not for $60

I probably will like it for the first few days I play it as well. But the biggest question is how long I would play it before I become bored. Without story progression I see myself becoming quickly annoyed like I did when I returned to the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I guess time will tell, on 20% downloaded right now.
Field Researcher
#22822 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
@lovcat Very nice LPs, I really appreciate how normal but still amusing you can be! Rattlesnake Douchebar Forever!

Congrats to all of you who are enjoying the game, since I can´t imagine that I would enjoy it, it´s really nice to know that it is possible and even happening. Have there fun for me!
Top Secret Researcher
#22823 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:07 PM
So y'all would rather continue the series as an unrecognizable, microtransactioned monstrosity than letting it bow out gracefully as a quality game?

All that huffing and puffing for naught.

There is literally no logical rationale in buying this game except OOH! NEW! SHINYYYY! They have not shown themselves capable of solving bugs and glitches, a major issue y'all complained about ad nauseam for five years straight (thankfully my TS3 did not experience nearly the amount of bugs reported). They have significantly altered, reduced, or omitted selling points of previous installments. There isn't even a main selling point that hasn't been in the game before.

EA is a company about its money. You know that. They would not have hollowed out the base game to jam-pack DLC, EPs, GPs (why are these now a thing???????), SPs if you weren't purchasing them. This is why we are not taken seriously as consumers because we cave in so quickly. So quickly. Y'all. We were just debating this game a week ago and now it's on your computer? Y'all won't have any merit once the charlatans come around with their "awesome, tactile, intuitive" elixirs and potions.

For those without a purchase, stand strong. You are not alone. Find a quality video game to play. Play TS1/2/3. Turn off your computer and live a little. This sounds hysterical, but there is so much more to life than shelling out $60 for a product that was deliberately half-assed.

Note: I am not trying to rain down on anyone's parade. I'm happy that you're happy. It's that it's frustrating to see people flip the switch so easily and support something like this. I wish I had the game. I wish I was fawning over my new family and features and yayyy! But I'm not. Because, to me, it's not worth it.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Scholar
#22824 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM
Can anyone say whether you can rotate the camera? This is something that can be done in TS2, TS3, and SC2013. In TS2 it was the curvy arrows on the UI, or the . and , hotkeys.

I'm very much a 'pan and rotate' player, and the camera controls sound weird?

Edit: happycowlover, I agree with you in principle, and I will continue to state *in general* that I'm sad people are giving EA money, but there's no point in us burning down the barn once the horse is out and running through the suburbs. Might as well hear what people have to say. I'm also keeping an eye on that Amazon review score. Even with yibs, the truth will out once there's a couple thousand reviews. (If it gets that many.)
Mad Poster
#22825 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I'm not the only not caving, right?

I'm still sitting here, but I've let my frugal trait take control of the helm. I do want to play around with this mess, but I'll only cave at an acceptable discount price. I want the 40+ got a bargain moodlet. It's not that I can't buy it, either. I have the money right now. I just refuse to part with that much.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Locked thread
Page 913 of 920