Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#276 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 1:38 AM
umm you know you said you made my lamp recolourable. Where is it? because its no use being recolourable if I cant upload it lol, or did you. hmmm. sorry.

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:26 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:26 PM. Reason: Removed attached file
I have created a new object in SimPE which I cloned from the venus statue and everything was working fine so I went through all the usual steps to importing it into the game and in the game it was 100% perfect everything worked as intended then I went to get its new guide so I named the package in the object data sector
Sculpture - SIMONTHESORCERERBOXFIGURINE
registered the package and started work on my other SimPE project EMULATIONSTATION ( this has absolutely nothing to do with wares ) then I went back in after I finished the emulationstation and that project was perfect but then I noticed my figurine was currupted It seems that its recolour option became disabled and all its recolours were referenced back to the venus statue.

I have a mesh posted for a hair from within the same theme. I really hate having to post this item before the request could be fulfilled because I wanted to suprise everyone with the sim and object at the same time.

In case any of you care the mesh is here

The messed up package is below ( currupted simon package.zip )

You cannot stop the REVOLUTION.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173431
Part-time Hermit
#278 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:52 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:28 PM. Reason: Removed attached file
ugly.breath, I didn't upload the color-enabled package because I told you to make new clones. You should not upload that version since it's not fixed for whatever the problem is. To make sure your new lamp is recolorable, do not change the subset names like you did the last time .

asdf, here's your fixed package. The problem was that the MMATs had not been updated for the new GUID. Did you forget to click the "Update MMATs" button? In any case, it should be color enabled now, I tried it in my game .
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:20 AM
That was fast Thank you for helping me.

You cannot stop the REVOLUTION.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173431
Field Researcher
#280 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 11:36 AM Last edited by ugly.breath : 6th Feb 2006 at 10:02 PM.
IgnorantBliss: I fixed the problem IT was teh file names, they didnt like havign the u.b on the front. so i removed tehm and it worked. Uploading the new one now Thanks IgnorantBliss for all your help you're a life saver

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Calidan
Ok, so much for 'educated quessing'. When looking through your package I noticed a couple of things. You were still referencing the 'cd draw' object in your SHPE and TXMT while there was no cd draw mesh. There was reference to screen_off, but you said you removed those references and the screen vertex orders had been changed (perhaps something in your editing program).

Anyway I removed the SHPE references to the cd and replaced that texture with a transparent screen texture (updating all references as I went) and I also replaced the screen mesh with a scaled copy of the real screen.

The attached package seems to work how you intend it seems - no screen when in off state, screen when sim is using it You should go through the rest of the package and clean up the other references to cd (the GMND mostly) unless you plan to reintroduce that portion.

Oh, and I gave it a unique GUID - you can keep it if you like or update it with your own

--
Calidan

Ok, problem. If you turn the computer on, do something, then turn it off, the screen shows up black. :werd:
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moolio
Ok, problem. If you turn the computer on, do something, then turn it off, the screen shows up black. :werd:

Strange - when I tested it I just got them to play ssx then stop and turn it off - Object was invis then visible - and invisible again when off :shrug: Other than that I cant help but at least I hope it put you on the right track.

Unfortunately I dont have the time to take another look at the package so hopefully someone else may have some more useful insights.
--
Calidan
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#283 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:12 PM Last edited by SuperFly : 6th Feb 2006 at 5:28 PM. Reason: Files no longer required
Hi guys

Well, I've been messing around with a TV (the cheap one on the stand) and after creation and UV mapping, I imported it into SimPE. In game, it does something rather interesting.... it explodes (see attached picture)

Now, I have no idea as to what is causing this rather odd problem, but I'd appreciate it if someone could check the file out and see what I did wrong. If someone finds the error(s), could you please explain what it was and how it was fixed, so as to help advance my meshing knowledge

Much appreciated,

SuperFly :baloons:

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#284 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
Hi guys

Well, I've been messing around with a TV (the cheap one on the stand) and after creation and UV mapping, I imported it into SimPE. In game, it does something rather interesting.... it explodes (see attached picture)

Now, I have no idea as to what is causing this rather odd problem, but I'd appreciate it if someone could check the file out and see what I did wrong. If someone finds the error(s), could you please explain what it was and how it was fixed, so as to help advance my meshing knowledge

Much appreciated,

The answer is quite simple....the mesh is 'exploded' in Milkshape..... it looks exactly as it is in your game....the problem therefore is your mesh....not your package....

I suggest you rebuild your mesh (from scratch) and re-import it into your package....
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#285 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:28 PM
Thanks Bob- I'll give it a whirl, see if I can't fix the problem

Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#286 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:10 PM
Hi (again)

Another problem. I remade the mesh from scratch, but it still crashed the game. No explosion, but the game just shut-down when trying to load it. The package was unchanged, which leads me to deduce that the fault lies in Milkshape. I've posted the Milkshape image- any ideas as to what I've done wrong?

Thanks for the help,

Screenshots

Test Subject
#287 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 4:58 AM
Hi all, Wonder if someone can help me out...
I got the newbie "sideways mesh" problem after cloning and remeshing an end table.
Pretty sure I screwed up the GMDC XYZ/XZY order somewhere in the mesh import/export process, but I cant pin it down. Other than showing up sideways in the game, the table came out great for a first try.
Which order setting is it supposed to be on for mesh export? and which one for import?
Can my sideways table be saved or do I get to do it all over again?
TIA
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 4:59 AM
I had a problem similar to asdf's one: I made a new object from the Venus statue, then it worked correctly and such, but the textures... well, the new textures I made for it became new textures also for the original Venus statue that comes with the game. I'm afraid it will happen each time I make a recolor for my new object, that it will automatically create the same recolor for the Venus statue too.
Can you help me? How do I fix that? Thanks in advance!

77 Sim Lane
.. In shadows growing wings ..

Part-time Hermit
#289 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 5:03 AM
Bonedog, it may depend on which mesh editor you're using, but with Milkshape, you should have the order set to XZY for both exporting and importing, unless you're using the Mesh Tool also, in which case you should set it to XYZ when you export the mesh. I'm not sure how it works with other mesh editors.

Bloodywine, please upload your object package here as an attachment, and I'll take a look.
Test Subject
#290 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 5:23 AM Last edited by Bonedog : 7th Feb 2006 at 5:35 AM.
Thanks for the reply
I'm using Wings3D and no mesh tool. (snip)

EDIT: Lol - nevermind - got it... I must be stupid cuz that was way too easy to miss :screwy:
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 5:30 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Removed attached file
Thank you very much for the attention!
I've attached my file here, please don't mind the awful sculpture LOL it was only for test, it's a cone with a sphere on its top and some horrible textures.

77 Sim Lane

Part-time Hermit
#292 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 2:03 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Removed attached file
BloodyWine, the problem was with the Material Override (MMAT) GUID references. Either you forgot to click "Update MMATs" while getting the new GUID, or it didn't somehow take effect if you did. I fixed that, and now it should work correctly, not producing any extra recolors for the original statue .
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 2:36 PM
Thank you very much, IgnorantBliss! I did click the "update MMATs", but yes it didn't take effect - I actually noticed that, but thought it was supposed to react like this - now I'll check it twice when I make new objects.
I also noticed the MMAT objGUID must be the same as my objGUID, so it's a way to be sure that the update thing worked correctly. Thank you again for the help!

77 Sim Lane

Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#294 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
Hi (again)

Another problem. I remade the mesh from scratch, but it still crashed the game. No explosion, but the game just shut-down when trying to load it. The package was unchanged, which leads me to deduce that the fault lies in Milkshape. I've posted the Milkshape image- any ideas as to what I've done wrong?

Thanks for the help,

I doubt if any fault in Milkshape would cause you package to crash...

I suggest that you start from scratch.....make a new package (re-using the GUID(s).... and then inport you new mesh.

Make sure...
1) Your new mesh has the same number and names of groups as the origianl object
2) You click Update MMATS (I usually do it twice, just to make sure) and click COMMIT... (I know that it says 'Update MMATs and committ' on the 'button, but that button just updates the MMAT....you NEED to click the commit button AS WELL

If this still fails, upload the package and I'll have a look...

Bob
Part-time Hermit
#295 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 8:34 PM Last edited by boblishman : 8th Feb 2006 at 12:24 PM.
Bob, I'm pretty sure the "Update MMATs and commit" commits everything, not just the MMAT GUID, at least it seems to have worked for me without having to separately click the Commit button .

[EDIT] I agree, it shouldwork, but seeing as this is one of the most common problems with the packages posted here, (and we have all experienced this during object making,) ...clicking the 'committ' button AS WELL is a 'double check' that it's done.

(Personally, I think it's better to click one 'extra' button, than have to re-open and 'fix' a package..... )

Bob
[/EDIT]
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 9:47 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Removed attached file
i am trying to make a neon light, i cloned one of the maxis ones from nightlife and when i go in game it just isnt there, can someone take a look at it for me, see where i have gone wrong

SimsMad....For all your simming needs

Covering the Sims 1, 2 and 3. New Sims 3 downloads available.
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 9:55 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st May 2006 at 5:19 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Default Failed swing
I posted this in the 'retaining animations' thread but I'd like to see if anyone would be brave enough to take a look at my failed object and tell me what I did wrong.

Can you mesh the swing set with animations? I don't know why I picked this particular item to mesh for my first time. I had a certain purpose for it in my game but trying this as a beginner was a mistake I can tell you. I got it animated one time but the seat went everwhere underneath the sim when I did. All other times were no animation, slowed the game to a crawl and eventually hung live mode up completely and the seat was unstable and would appear and disappear randomly but especially when I put another object near it. I was also trying to leave out the frame of the set which seemed to be not a problem. This has been done before so I wanted to make a thicker straighter seat and cylindrical ropes instead of chains with knots under the seat and color it with white rope and ash woodtone. My last finished product had just the look I wanted but with all of the above problems. Is it me or is this item just especially difficult to change?

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
retired moderator
#299 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 10:10 PM
Hi, guys. I'm not really sure how to explain this (probably because my brain is fried), but if I clone a bed for a new mesh, and have my own bedding, how do I make my bedding be the default one the bed displays? I've tried several things in the package but none seem to work, I still get a flashing blue bedding.

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
Part-time Hermit
#300 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:34 AM
flid76, your lamp is there in the game, just for some reason it's categorized under decorative/ rugs! You can change the category in SimPE in the same place you change the GUID.

cjanefly764, I have no previous experience on the swing at right now don't have the time to test it thoroughly, but hopefully someone else will answer your question

Grapholina, are you trying to make it so that the bed only displays your custom bedding options, or that it has all the options but has yours as the default?
Locked thread
Page 12 of 60