Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bespoke Build Set

by Honeywell Posted 15th Jul 2018 at 4:10 AM - Updated 6th Jun 2022 at 11:11 AM by Honeywell : Added HW_bespokeRoofTrimAddOns

162 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Instructor
#126 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 8:14 PM
Lovely houses! But neither of them have the 3 section roof I have used to build Cape Cod style houses ever since Seasons came out. When Seasons came out, the rooms with outside walls created by the roof, the gable walls, did not count as “indoors” and it would rain and snow inside. You are creating those one section roofs, but they do not seem to have the outdoors effect. Evidence for that is that the wallpaper you use on the gable wall does not extend all the way to the roof, and it does for me if I make a one section roof. If there is some building trick to make this work, I’d like to know what it is!

So, it is pretty definitely an issue with the 3 section roof. No problem at all, if I can go back to making a 1 section Cape Cod roof where the upper floor is indoors.
Theorist
Original Poster
#127 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
If there is some building trick to make this work, I’d like to know what it is!

Thank you, it is so simple. I made a quick video that I hope is easy to follow:

You roof the house like usual with one, big roof and then delete the roof gable walls that make up the walls of your attic room. Replace those gable walls with regular walls that are weather proof. Now all you'll have is a little gap in the gable peak to fill and you do that by building a smaller roof that just covers the interior attic room. Both roofs should line up seamlessly. Delete the gable walls once more and build normal walls in their place and you're done.
Instructor
#128 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 4:15 PM
Ah, thank you so much! I see what you are doing.... and it is very clever indeed!
Theorist
Original Poster
#129 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 4:54 PM
You're welcome, glad it helped!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#130 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 8:48 AM Last edited by ClaudetteCorleone : 4th Dec 2020 at 1:51 PM.
Had this for a while and wanted to say it's a lovely build set. Thank you for this! (Edit) I figured it out, thanks again for this set.
Field Researcher
#131 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:12 AM
First off I just want to mention that I love this pack, it is absolutely amazing and I have enjoyed building with it so far. It was the first thing I downloaded after installing the Sims 2 Super Collection back on my Mac.

I noticed this weird gap in the corner of the wall when I placed the Interior Bespoke Door at a corner with a wall:

This happened for all single-tile Bespoke doors I have.

I checked with other Maxis-made doors and noticed that it only appeared for the Colonial Door as well:

This may have been possibly been patched/fixed in a later version of the game which I'm not aware of as Super Collection only runs up to BV though I figured I should post this here in case I'm not the only person with this problem.
Screenshots

Call me Seth!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 1:39 AM
This is fantastic, thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 10:57 AM
I want to say thank you so much for this amazing work !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#134 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 7:30 PM
I don't think I could actually live without this set anymore, what a godsend this is
Instructor
#135 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Hi cyndarellaa It's fiddly but with cheats you can place 2 floor edges and cover a diagonal. (boolProp snapObjectsToGrid and allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation) It's not ideal but I hope that helps.

Didn’t work for me.
Test Subject
#136 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 8:46 AM
Hi, is it possible to keep the fences and the posts from disappearing when your walls aren't all the way up? Love the set but I hate that it looks like there aren't any railings/ fences because they disappear unless I'm on the 2nd floor or when I have all the walls and the roof showing
Theorist
Original Poster
#137 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beetuin
Hi, is it possible to keep the fences and the posts from disappearing when your walls aren't all the way up? Love the set but I hate that it looks like there aren't any railings/ fences because they disappear unless I'm on the 2nd floor or when I have all the walls and the roof showing

Good morning! That's by design but you could use the meshes to make new deco objects slaved to the Bespoke Set that didn't disappear. Or you could recolor the Maxis fences to match. There's also so some really great existing porch sets. Mustluvcatz and Holy Simoly are two that come to mind.
Test Subject
#138 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Good morning! That's by design but you could use the meshes to make new deco objects slaved to the Bespoke Set that didn't disappear. Or you could recolor the Maxis fences to match. There's also so some really great existing porch sets. Mustluvcatz and Holy Simoly are two that come to mind.

Okay, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 4:36 PM
Oh my god. I'm going to marry you. This set is gorgeous and exactly what I need.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#140 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 5:16 PM
What a gorgeous set! I can't find a "Bespoke Floor Edge - LEFT Corner" (would cost 3 simoleons) so I can't fill the corner gap on one side of my porch!
Theorist
Original Poster
#141 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
What a gorgeous set! I can't find a "Bespoke Floor Edge - LEFT Corner" (would cost 3 simoleons) so I can't fill the corner gap on one side of my porch!

Hi Alex, thank you! The set only comes with right corners but you can rotate your camera so the corner you need covered is on the right and then select the mesh and it will fit. Or you can rotate the mesh on adjacent tiles to get full coverage. There's some pics attached to this post that might help: https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...18&postcount=61
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#142 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 1:16 PM
OMG how stupid am I???! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#143 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 1:23 PM
Can't find it!
Hi!!
I downloaded this build set for the 15 lot pack (placed it in the download folder and installed the 2 lots through package installer) and when I place them in the game they look fine on the outside (I mean on the thumbnail in the lot bin and on the map) but when I enter the lot the whole exterior of the house is gone! It's just in-game grey walls and basic windows and stuff like that.
Please help!!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#144 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Magical_Unicorn
Hi!!
I downloaded this build set for the 15 lot pack (placed it in the download folder and installed the 2 lots through package installer) and when I place them in the game they look fine on the outside (I mean on the thumbnail in the lot bin and on the map) but when I enter the lot the whole exterior of the house is gone! It's just in-game grey walls and basic windows and stuff like that.
Please help!!!

Hi! If the lots aren't showing the cc it means the game thinks it's not installed. Double check that you downloaded the files attached to this thread, unzipped them and put them in your download folder. Then place a house from the lot bin again and check. Sometimes cc just doesn't show up though so if everything is installed correctly and it's still not working if you post on the help forums I know someone will be able to help you. (I'd help if I could but I don't know what needs to be done.)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#145 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 6:02 AM
This is just amazing. Thanks so much for making it all - can't imagine how long it took you, but rest assured I'm going to spend a thousand more hours* tinkering about and adding all the lovely bits and pieces to my sims' homes

(* I wish this was an exaggeration. I am sooo glad there isn't a counter that tells me how long in total that I've being playing The Sims 2... haha)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 6:20 PM
Soooo precious. Love it. Thanks a lot for your wonderful work.
Alchemist
#147 Old 15th May 2022 at 8:40 PM
@Honeywell is there an open underneath version of the Steadfast Stairs that's slaved to your default? (HugeLunatic's old version doesn't pick up your recolors so if I use your default, it's no longer recolorable.)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
Original Poster
#148 Old 15th May 2022 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Honeywell is there an open underneath version of the Steadfast Stairs that's slaved to your default? (HugeLunatic's old version doesn't pick up your recolors so if I use your default, it's no longer recolorable.)

I'm sorry, no. I wanted the recolors to show in neighborhood view so I couldn't make it work with any of the existing default replacement stairs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#149 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 7:32 PM
This download is a real treasure trove. So many plain jane houses can be beautified or made more interesting with your creations. Thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
#150 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 8:43 PM
i absolutely love your work & love this set. for me for the stairs, none of the recolors show up. i think it's something i've been noticing about certain items i download that should work but don't. i think sometimes things don't work right b/c i have the super collection (i got a mac). usually it's just not showing up at all when there's no reason it shouldn't. just wanted to let you know (or others, if they get the same).

but also i love the stuff you do & also just wanted to say thanks.
Page 6 of 7