Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Education Career, Full-Time

by iamrosa Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:55 PM

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:14 AM
Hey, this looks awesome, I waited sooo long in the sims 2 to get the education track. For some reason this sims 3 version won't show up in my game. I'm kinda new to all the downloading so could anyone just post directions on what you download first and where you put it etc. that would be awesome!! :D
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:32 AM
Omg! When i first played sims 3 I thought "Oh there is a school. So there probably is a education career". But there wasn't So I greatly am glad you made this. THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:40 AM
Awesome! 2 days ago I started thinking about making this exact mod myself, so I'm pretty jazzed to see that you've done it already.

But I must ask - why is the teacher's career performance determined by his/her relationship with other educators instead of with the students? This doesn't make that much sense to me.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:41 AM
Very cool! I look forward to more of your careers in the future!
Instructor
#30 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 1:18 AM
Thank you so much =) I was so disappointed when I saw that this career wasn't in TS3
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 1:46 AM
"why is the teacher's career performance determined by his/her relationship with other educators instead of with the students?"
Because that is how it works in real life, the students don't give you raises, its your bosses.
Awesome mod!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:03 AM
AWESOME! Thank you so much
Zombie Socks
#33 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:19 AM
Amazing! I wasn't sure something like this was even possible yet! Thank you so much!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 3:28 AM
Hi everyone, glad it's going over well! I'm sorry to say this, but making different versions of the same career with actual different or additional levels (ie. adding a Substitute Teacher position) is prohibitively time consuming if I am to continue creating more careers at the same time. Though what you see in the game itself really just amounts to text, it's creating and assigning all the various values that run the career in the background that take the effort here. If you'd like to have different names on the nine levels, you can do that pretty easily using s3pe, and I would recommend it if you have a little time to poke around. You can find all the text in the stbl files inside the package, and it should be in order. Everything is in duplicate for male/female, so remember to change both of them.

Quote: Originally posted by silverio1975
great post I just have one question where do I put the famework can you let me know and where do I put the file in the WA folder or the Sims 3 folder

As for this, you need to download the framework (link is in the Overview) and place Resource.cfg and the Mods folder in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ folder, but be sure to place d3dx9_31.dll in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ folder. This latter placement is essential. When you are installing any mods, including this one, place it in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder. That's it.

ALSO, as far as other languages are concerned, there will only be "versions" in other languages if someone else does the translating. If you'd like to translate the text, by all means PM me and I will send along the text and add your translation in the next update.

Thanks everyone!
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:57 AM
This sounds great, I can't wait to try it!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:21 AM
Okay will give it a try. I too am excited to see the other careers you may have cooking, atm. Thanks for this wonderful career.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 11:01 AM
thank you so much. your a great person.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 1:11 PM
Hi, nice work! Thanks for that

I've made a german translation. (Includes some minor changes of "ranks" and descriptions to adapt to german school system.)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Rosa_EducationCareer_german.rar (4.1 KB, 59 downloads)
Description: German translation for EducationalCarrer by IAmRosa
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 3:33 PM
Is this compatible with Awesomemod? I read somewhere that it wasn't and I´d really like to use this!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:16 PM
Is there any chance this will be translated to Dutch? Anyone? Please? I could try it myself but I don't know if the results will be great.
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 5:40 PM
I love you. And I'm crying, I am actually crying out of happiness.

That Planet Earth turns Slowly
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 5:54 PM
hi, wondered if you can help me, i cant get this to work in game and i am so confused! i am wondering if ive missed something and im just installing it in the wrong place, i just put it in my mods folder and installed it as normal but nothing shows up, i also tried installing the NRaas Career Mod you recommended, and that also doesnt work. any help appreciated, i am guessing it is just me being dumb and completely missing something thanks!
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spohie
hi, wondered if you can help me, i cant get this to work in game and i am so confused! i am wondering if ive missed something and im just installing it in the wrong place, i just put it in my mods folder and installed it as normal but nothing shows up, i also tried installing the NRaas Career Mod you recommended, and that also doesnt work. any help appreciated, i am guessing it is just me being dumb and completely missing something thanks!

Did you put it in your documents because you DON'T

Put it in your mod folder under the sims 3 on your computer...for windows it is Computer>C:> program (86 bit)> electronic arts> sims 3> mods...and when it is unzipped it goes to the package file (if it is the package)....

Also did you download the WinRAR thing that unzipes the zip flies cause that is important for this entire process...

I had a weird time downloading and when I did the helper monkey soi I have been doing it manually and nothing bad has happened (knock on wood) if there are any problems after thyat I am sorruy but I cant help you...
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 12:37 AM
Default Awesome Work!
Quote: Originally posted by iamrosa

As for this, you need to download the framework (link is in the Overview) and place Resource.cfg and the Mods folder in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ folder, but be sure to place d3dx9_31.dll in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ folder. This latter placement is essential. When you are installing any mods, including this one, place it in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder. That's it.

Thanks for clarifying this. I spent all morning trying to figure out why the careers weren't in the game (they were prior to WA and I removed all mods to install the EP...) - When I came back here to comment, I saw your reply and went searching for the d3dx9_31.dll file and sure enough it was in the wrong place! So once I put it into the game/bin folder all of the careers are working. Your Education career is awesome! I appreciate all of your hard work. I can't believe EA left this one out - it's perfect for family oriented sims.

I know you said you're busy working on other things... and living your life... but if the urge ever strikes again to do another career here are a couple I wouldn't mind seeing in the game:

Movie Star (based out of the theater - possible entry level positions as things like usher/ticket seller/stagehand/set designer/wardrobe manager/bit player/stand in...etc

Lawyer path (City Hall - entry level ideas: law student/legal secretary/paralegal/public defender/prosecutor/assistant D.A./Distric Attorney/Attory General/Judge)
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:21 AM
Okay I'm giving this a try...sounds awesome!!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:27 AM
Other lenguages
Forum Resident
#47 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:49 AM
I able to find the jobs on the computer or in the paper. Thank you so much for this career. My only question is why only have 9 level? Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 3:02 AM
I really would like to use this mod, so I want to know if it's compatible with Awesomemod too.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 3:09 AM
Awesome! Nicely done!
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 7:35 AM
When I was using Awesomemod, I couldn't get the custom careers to work. Maybe it might work with Twallan's Careers Mod. I don't know, since I am not using Awesomemod atm.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 2 of 7