Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9201 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It has everything to do with it, because they're the special 'beach lots' that have the portals to the ocean and animations that go with it. They only face one way in any neighborhood, and in the one I was playing, it was "East" as opposed to the "southern" beach I wanted to use it on.

I wanted the beach lots specifically because of the ocean access. Regular empty lots don't normally have that access to the ocean unless you want to modify the terrain specifically and even then, very unknown if it would work properly. I've read some horror stories about apartments not being available on a beach lot because of the special conditions they require.

That isn't quite what I meant, I was meaning that if they were lots that were already present in the neighbourhood it might be bad to move them, whereas if they were empty beach lots placed from the catalogue they may be more able to be moved. But now I think about it, none of the Maxis hoods except probably the vacation hoods have any beach lots in because there is no normal hood for BV

Possibly beach lots placed from the catalogue do something weird once they are placed down and then can't be moved after that. I know they change the terrain to make it fit the ocean template etc.

I've had dorms on a beach lot before, I've never had apartments on one but I'd like to try it

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Theorist
#9202 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 4:29 PM
TIL - Sims can take the virus crafted at the Biotech station career reward. Their moods needs to be far south, but... whoa. That exists.
Forum Resident
#9203 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:28 PM
So was anyone gonna tell me that the "pastel pink/blue/purple/yellow with butterflies" wallpaper that I use for children's and babies' rooms actually came with Teen Style Stuff, or did I really have to find that out on my own from a lilsimsie video
Link Ninja
#9204 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 12:10 AM
A new glitch I have not seen in all my years nor heard of. I took a red-headed bachelor off to Twikkii on vacation and I wasn't paying attention on how or why but after getting out of the ocean from swimming he had like mini fight dust rumbles or smoke under his feet and every time he stopped walking he zooped about 10 feet above everyone. I call this affliction 'rocket ship feet'. I took him to a community lot and it stopped but when he returned he had rocket ship feet again. I had him choose a different lodging and it stopped for the rest of the time. He also developed 'plate hand' but nothing a reset didn't fix. reset via testing cheats did not fix rocket ship feet.

It was so very odd because I have had sims stay at the first place and swim in the ocean before with no rocket ship feet issues. Here attached was a pic of him 'watching the ocean' from a really great height with his rocket ship feet.
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9205 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 12:56 AM
The Criminal Career Reward can break!

Dang, Junior Mann.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#9206 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 7:54 AM
one restaurant, one staffer! I didn't know this was possible!
Screenshots
Theorist
#9207 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 12:30 PM
@Sims2Christain is this an owned community lot that you visited? Because the last time I tried making an understaffed restaurant, everyone kept just not working. Reassigning someone to be the host would ignore customers that came in between them not being the host and being reassigned, and waiters didn't clean up plates nor took anyone's orders who had already been sitting down. I was playing that owned business though, so it might be different if visiting the lot as a customer...
Scholar
#9208 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 6:10 AM
unowned from what I can recall. will have to double check.
Mad Poster
#9209 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 2:06 AM
Appearantly, the base game has no rugs.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#9210 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:13 AM
I found out that you can delete foundation fencing with the pool creation tool! hidden away in a document by crocobaura when replicating his plane interior level.
Mad Poster
#9211 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:45 AM
I finally discovered (after throwing out 2 neighborhoods I'd started to play due to the problem) the reason my pixels were not getting pregnant-there was, of course, a major mod conflict, which did not show up in the HCDU reports-Midgethetree's romantic interactions improved mod-it clashes badly with ACR (I think) and all the pregnancy tokens contained in-game.
I'd gotten rid of a few other hacks I'd believed were interfering, but nothing worked until I removed that one.
I should have known better. One never puts in two different mods doing the same thing,

So now I can put back in the Old Town neighborhood (from scratch) and start it all over again and Hermione Snyder of TT is now pregnant and not stuck waving her arms around fruitlessly.

My pixels can have babies! Let the fertility begin!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#9212 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Appearantly, the base game has no rugs.

Perhaps the developers were concerned that they would be mistaken for plates and those Sims less gifted in the pathfinding department would consider them a movement restriction?
Top Secret Researcher
#9213 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 11:36 PM
That this shelf seems to be infinitely stackable.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9214 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 3:05 AM
I discovered that sometimes when you call in sick, you get a vacation day deducted. However, in my particular case my sim didn't actually have any vacation days, and so apparently the game didn't remove any.
Mad Poster
#9215 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I discovered that sometimes when you call in sick, you get a vacation day deducted. However, in my particular case my sim didn't actually have any vacation days, and so apparently the game didn't remove any.

But you'd better be careful about taking vacation days-the boss is gonna get suspicious after a while and you'll get a warning about not showing up..(I vaguely remember)...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9216 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 4:27 AM
I only do it when sims are actually sick, or when they need to teach toddler skills and there's not enough time otherwise.
Theorist
#9217 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Perhaps the developers were concerned that they would be mistaken for plates and those Sims less gifted in the pathfinding department would consider them a movement restriction?

If they made sims being able to pass through walls and objects a flag - meaning sometimes yes, sometimes no, depending on the context - they sure could have created objects that are passable through! They probably didn't think of it for the base game, or wanted players to use carpets instead. :shrug:
Scholar
#9218 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

I stopped having Sims call in when I realized it was just deducted from their paid vacation anyway, and only have them call if they don't have any vacation. If the boss believes them (which should happen any time they're genuinely sick, and sometimes when they aren't), they'll get the day off with impunity. I'm not sure, but I think how full their work performance bar is determines the likelihood of them getting away with it when they're not actually sick.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9219 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 11:26 AM
Mine always seem to have a vacation day taken off them when they are ill, and none taken off when they aren't ill! Maybe they are just good liars?
Scholar
#9220 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:23 PM
When elder Sims visit their adult children and are waiting for them to come greet them, they start flapping their arms like get over here and give me a hug. It is so cute.
Alchemist
#9221 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
If they made sims being able to pass through walls and objects a flag - meaning sometimes yes, sometimes no, depending on the context - they sure could have created objects that are passable through! They probably didn't think of it for the base game, or wanted players to use carpets instead. :shrug:

I was taking some preview pics for an upload (get it Tuesday) last night,and noticed a "rug" made out of tiles. It reminded me of the floor tile blanket and refrigerator lockers from the neighborhood pictures.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9222 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 3:20 AM
As long as you don't cancel their current action, vampires' needs don't drop in the sun (inside, haven't tried outside).

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9223 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 3:28 AM
Toddlers can play in leaves using the same animation as splashing in puddles.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9224 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 8:32 AM
InTeen allows independent teens to have adult jobs, but doesn't include uniforms - so young Douglas Elliott, who is a Senior Officer in the military, goes to work in a t-shirt and shorts.
Theorist
#9225 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
As long as you don't cancel their current action, vampires' needs don't drop in the sun (inside, haven't tried outside).

I wanted to try to play vampires without a coffin to simulate supstance-taking party animals - they're "full of energy" at night, and can't function for most of the morning/day.

The actual challenge is to just have them constantly be tired. The easiest way to prevent them from dying fast is to have them sleep as much as possible. This way, their needs don't decay as fast - including hunger. To have them sleep this long, they would need the cheapest bed, because those take the longest to refill sims' energy. However, they shouldn't sleep all the way until dusk, because their energy motive (and every other motive) freezes during the night (unless they use something that deliberately makes them tired - and I haven't figured what those things are yet). So, when the sun rises again, they'll just change out to their underwear and collapse on the bed and wake up "hungover."
Page 369 of 445