Replies: 4527 (Who?), Viewed: 149314 times.
Page 176 of 182
Mad Poster
#4376 Old 26th May 2021 at 2:09 AM
Wound up and grinding my teeth. I suffer from TMJ and it's been happening for the past 20 years of my life.

But I drew a female Pikachu (Their tails have a heart-shaped notch resembling the top half of a heart) holding a berry. It's been some time since I drew something.

I had been feeling sad, uninspired and some days, on the verge of tears. The fact I drew it from memory was a "good day for me" aspect.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4377 Old 27th May 2021 at 11:02 PM
I guess people are starting the long weekend early. While I was watering the gardens in the front yard it seemed like every other vehicle was a RV. I don't know if the campgrounds are open or not, I guess they are.

Today has been long, but busy in good ways for the most part.

I got most of the patio done which would have been enough. I broke my O'Cedar mop bucket. I didn't break it, the spring for the wringer is starting to give out, so sometimes the wringer works, sometimes it doesn't. I have another one downstairs so I don't have to buy one which is good because people can't just buy the bucket, a person has to buy the bucket and the mop. What's up with that... I suppose now is a good time for the stupid thing to break as I can chuck into the dumpster tomorrow after it is delivered. I'm also getting rid of my computer chair tomorrow. Companies sell chairs with pleather or fake leather, then the crap peels off the fabric underneath so it gets everywhere. I'm so tired of either taking the pieces out of Jingle's mouth or telling her to 'leave it'.

I've been on the hunt for a unfinished bankers chair. Do you think I can find one? Absolutely not. I can find bankers chairs, but all the ones I've found are not what I want. So for the time being I guess I'm using a kitchen chair. It won't be as comfy which means less time sitting in front the computer which isn't a bad thing.

I also put in a big pet food order, cleaned out and packed up the humidifiers, put the air conditioner in the livingroom window, did the usual clean up after the birds, ect... Now I need to think of something for dinner. I want a steak and cheese sub loaded with pickles, but I still don't trust people to make food for me, so that's not happening.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4378 Old 28th May 2021 at 6:12 PM
I'm covered in dust and cobwebs; I don't care.

The dumpster was delivered a couple of hours ago. In the process of looking for things to pitch, I came across a TV tray tucked under the stairs that has 14-years worth of cobwebs on it. Said cobwebs are now blowing around in the breeze outside as I'm not cleaning it or bringing it back in the house. My computer chair was taken apart and brought outside first thing this morning. Just as I figured, using a kitchen chair means I'm less inclined to park my butt in front of the computer for any extended amount of time.

I ramble all the time about decluttering and getting rid of stuff. While it can be a time consuming, crappy job depending on how much stuff a person has, it is amazing how a space can feel when the shizz is removed.
Mad Poster
#4379 Old 28th May 2021 at 6:34 PM
I started today by trying to swallow a pill and choke-vomiting water all down myself and the bathroom floor. Why are pregnancy vitamins so huge?!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4380 Old 28th May 2021 at 9:34 PM
Yeah, the people are ahead of the 3 day weekend and it's crazy. People were driving slower and more carefully than normal.

I have a shopping trip this weekend with my mom.

Scholar
#4381 Old 30th May 2021 at 2:43 AM
I think I am winning the 'War of the Onion Weed". They're in flower now and easy to spot amongst the other plants. Every day, for the past few weeks, I've been out and found a few more in bloom, promptly extracting them, bulbs and all, with my trusty weeding trowel. Today was the first time I've not found any and the garden is now free of the stink of the things, so I celebrated V.O.W. day. Yet I will remain vigilant: they won't colonize my garden again so easily!

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#4382 Old 30th May 2021 at 10:36 PM
Mail bag day again. Currently setting up my Fitbit and I bought extra bands and screen protectors, I also bought makeup and organizers for the makeup.

Everything came perfect, but my Fitbit setup may require customer service.

What's yet to come?
I also bought a gold necklace, personalized with my first name. My name was a popular baby name in the Seattle Area when I was born in Trenton, NJ. It means "Meadow in the fortress".

Not to mention flavored seltzer from a British brand called Ugly. I bought Cherry Cola, Orange Soda and a variety pack of Cherry, Lemon-Lime and Peach. They are a relatively smaller brand that the label on the can is a printed sticker, rather than sublimated into the metal. They have operations here in the US, but like I said, they're on the small side right now.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4383 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 3:52 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 1st Jun 2021 at 11:02 AM. Reason: moving words around...
I'm a little tired from the past couple of days, but as the song goes, there's no rest for the wicked.

The conversation all day has been around what to do with the now empty garden in front of the house. The idea to fill it with marigolds was shot down immediately much to the dismay of the marigold lover in the house. I agreed to a planter of marigolds which of course lead to what kind of planter.

The original idea was half whiskey barrels (real half whiskey barrels, not the garbage that stores are now peddling as half whiskey barrels or worse, plastic whiskey barrels that are less than a foot tall) as we've had them in the past and they last a long time. Half whiskey barrels are no longer so easy to find in my neck in the woods. People are crazy to think I'm going to pay $65.00 to have one shipped to a store. I would want two, so that would be $130.00 for shipping alone. The barrels themselves are $50.00 each. $230.00 for 2 planters, yeah no.

Then I figured I'd try thinking outside the box; went poking around on the Tractor Supply website. I thought maybe a trough would make for a cool planter and it would, but I'm not willing to spend $300.00 for a planter. That was just for one, it would have been $600.00 for 2. Nah, I'm not feeling that either.

Before deciding to call it quits for the night, I started poking around on Lowe's website as they have a section dedicated to ideas of things to build. It was there that I had my "Ah-ha" moment. Instead of buying something made out of wood that will rot eventually or galvanized steel which will also rot over time, how about building something out of stone or concrete. For under $100.00 I can have not one, but two planters based on this idea. https://www.lowes.com/n/how-to/buil...ed-planting-bed The original plan is for a 8' in diameter planter, we'll be making two 4' ones. One for marigolds, the other for the German iris I have that are currently living in limbo at the end of the driveway. I've been avoiding throwing plants out, I'm not going to start now.

Because we now know we can't have plants that will be turned into deer salad, it was on to what to plant on either side of the planters. There are many lists of 'deer resistant' plants, some of them are better than others. I don't want forsythia in front of the house, box woods are nice, but...meh. They're too formal for my house and require trimming. Then I found a list that mentioned Japanese Andromeda. I already know the deer leave those alone as we have one, so Japanese Andromeda it is. They are informal, they flower, don't need to be trimmed and don't like humans hovering over them. Plant them in a partially shady area with good draining soil and they're happy.

When all is said and done, I still won't be spending $230.00 like I would have just for the half whiskey barrels alone. With that in mind, I decided I want to do something with the end of the driveway where the iris are. Basically we're going to build another planter, just use different stone. We were going to put some kind of fence there, but no. We've had fence for years which is now in the dumpster because it rotted. I want something solid and beefy, stone will get me there. And because it will be a raised bed, it will keep the weeds out and I can play with it. If I'm in a petunia mood, I can cram it full of petunias. If I want to pass on flowers and just go for foliage, I can go that way. Having options is always a good thing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4384 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 3:33 PM
It's raining, again. Supposedly is going to stop in a hour or so. That would be nice; we have plants that need to go in the ground. In the meantime, the robins are using the big hosta leaves as umbrellas which is kind of funny to watch. They can pick worms and keep dry at the same time.
Forum Resident
#4385 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 10:46 PM
just writting stories like the usual when i come up with an idea what story it should be about, i started to get more views on one of my fanfic in wattpad
april and may was a weird month when it comes to weathers, we had colder april and may months, infact we had white easter
we did got the heats for a few days till recently but the temperature is finally normal now that june has arrived

other then that, i'm working, then watching YouTube videos, listen to musics, playing sims and that's it, it's kind of my routine i guess
Mad Poster
#4386 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 1:13 AM
It's pouring raining here in Asshole, so my cat is upset she can't sunbathe.

Currently, I now have a Fitbit attached to my left wrist and having to track everything I ingest.

But I am working hard on losing weight.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4387 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 6:28 PM
Today is really hot and what looks like hazy, but it isn't haze, it's pollen. Everything is covered in a layer dusty green stuff.

After Amazon messed up my pet food order a week ago or whenever it was, I put in a order with Chewy. Food for the house chickens got here in 2 days, but I had to go back to Amazon to order pellets for rabbit and the chins. Amazon still owes me a refund for the first bag of pellets they somehow managed to destroy ( the bag comes packed in a box which is packed inside a Amazon box) but they managed to figure it out the second time. Chewy carries the rabbit version of the pellets I buy, but they don't carry the guinea pig version. I don't have a guinea pig, their pellets contain extra vitamin C which the chinchillas need. The rabbit doesn't need it, but it doesn't hurt her to have it.

The dumpster has been ordered for July 2. We went with a 10 yard as the footprint isn't bigger than a 7. Instead of having 3 foot side rails, the 10 yard has 4 foot side rails. Also instead of having it for a week, we can have it for up to 2 weeks. I don't see that happening, but since it will only be yard waste, I won't feel like I need to get it off the property ASAP as nobody will dumpster diving to pick out tree limbs and such. We didn't have any dumpster divers last week, but many moons ago when we rented a dumpster, I caught some dude rummaging around in that dumpster at 6:00 AM. People are so rude...

I looked into renting a chipper instead; that was a fail. For the few places that do chipper rentals, they wanted almost $500.00 for 4 hours and that didn't include delivery. Yeah, no. It would have been nice and we could have certainly made use of the the mulch, but there is no way all of the crap could be cleaned out in 4 hours.

Aside from avoiding going outside as much as possible, it has been a low key kind of day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4388 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 6th Jun 2021 at 11:07 PM.
Has anybody tried / bought towels from IKEA? I said last year that I was going to wait to buy towels until Rona was no longer a thing. That isn't happening and the holes in the towels I bought from Costco are not getting any smaller. What started out as holes about the size of a pencil eraser have now grown to the size of a dime. I'm over what is starting to look like moth-eaten towels and decided to order some from IKEA. Time away from Amazon will do me some good.

We have a IKEA bath mat that we bought over 3 years ago. It washes up nice and has yet to fall apart so my hope is their towels will hold up just as well. I also ordered a door mat as I'm tired of cleaning up muck from outside. If the mat ends up being destroyed by the end of the season, it won't be a big deal as it was under $10.00.

EDIT: It was 88 degrees in my hallway this afternoon; I decided to pull my bedroom apart. I keep saying that it needs to be painted and haven't done it so today I started taping. It is going to be way too hot to paint for the next few days, but Thursday it is supposed to be in the high 60's low 70's.

I've also put together medium-sized box for donation. It is stuff that was grabbed from all over the place. I also have a big, heavy mirror that needs to go and somebody else can put to use.

I need to get this stuff done and off my proverbial plate. I don't want to have to think about anything for the first two weeks in July except for cleaning up the brush, leaves and that kind of crap from around the yard. Nobody else is going to give me a shove to get this crap done, so I need to do it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4389 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 7:12 PM
I was all excited this morning when I thought it was Wednesday as that would have meant the heat would be going away and I could open windows. Nope, Dumb-Dumb...it's only Tuesday. With that sad note, I've filled my day with menial tasks that have needed to be done but always end up at the bottom of the list.

The rug under talking house chicken's cage was in need of cleaning as was the chair that I always dump groceries on when I have food delivered. Since I was cleaning near the door, I cleaned the rug there too. One would have thought I never clean anything by the color of the water when I was finished. It was nasty! I also cleaned the shelves down stairs, put things away and tossed empty boxes because apparently it is too hard to bring them upstairs and put them in the recycle bin outside.

I need to wash the floor downstairs, get some laundry done, blah, blah, blah. Since it is going to be crappy out tomorrow too, I guess I know what I'll be doing; more of what I've been doing today.
Mad Poster
#4390 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:53 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Jun 2021 at 4:18 PM.
I'm getting vaccinated for Covid-19 tomorrow.

My parents are doing well. (They got theirs along with mild stomach cramping and soreness in the arm.) My mother is pretty much immune to immunization pain, she was from a generation that doled out the MMR through a set of needles that gave permanent scars (my father has the same scar.) My father, having a nurse for a mother, wasn't so lucky. It usually meant weird, but helpful advice.

I'm nervous, but the more people vaccinated, the less of Covid-19 we'll see.

P.S. I am aware of the Delta strain.

EDIT: Got mine! Currently waiting for any reaction.

EDIT 2: Now home resting.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4391 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 6:19 PM
Word of the day: exhausted

I say this every summer, but I still don't know how people that live in hot climates get anything done. Hot weather sucks the energy out of me. In order to get anything done, I have to force myself to do it because if I sit for too long, I fall asleep. A day or two of hot weather I can deal with, but when it starts to get into a week and more, fehgetaboutit.

Test Subject
#4392 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 8:03 PM
Thank you so much
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4393 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 4:20 PM
Let me preface this post by saying that I'm constantly being told that I can smell a ant fart at 50 paces. In other words, I have a hyper sensitive nose.

I put in a small grocery order this morning. I needed celery for chicken salad, DampRid pouches for the closets downstairs, kale for the tortoises, stuff for laundry, ect...nothing exciting. The delivery person was pleasant and friendly. I had no problem or complaints except for one thing; my whole order including the box of DampRid pouches which are scented ( I didn't know this when I ordered them) smells like cheap perfume.

As I was wiping everything down as I normally do, the perfume scent stuck to my hands and my shirt smells like it because I was carrying stuff close to me. Why do people do this? It's not cute. Having veggies that smell like perfume is even less cute. If people want to wear perfume, fine, but one does not need half the bottle. I haven't used perfume in years because it irritates my allergies. I walk around smelling like the soap and shampoo I use, that's it.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the day even though I am doing boring things like laundry. It was 60 degrees outside when I rolled out of bed at 5:15 AM and I was happy about it. Saturday will be even better as the donation box that has been sitting in the living room for days will be leaving, along with the mirror that is going with it.
Mad Poster
#4394 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 10:30 PM
Well, Day 2 and the hot and cold flashes are driving me nuts. This morning I had a sore arm from the injection site (left arm), and throughout the day I was too hot or too cold.

To anyone else who took the J&J vaccine, was this a similar situation?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4395 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 9:10 PM
I'm in a mood.

I tweaked my knee trying to avoid having a collision with a garter snake. They don't bother me, I'm not afraid of them. I didn't see him / her so when I almost stepped down on him / her, he / she of course freaked out. Snake is fine, he / she was spotted awhile ago trolling around in the grass under the Japanese Maple. Ibuprofen will take care of the knee pain.

I called the local garden center about forsythia bushes. They want almost $50.00 for a plant that is 6" inches tall. Nah, brah. I'll dig up some of our established forsythia first. Maybe we'll dig up the lilac bush that has been living near the back of the fence for the past 12 years and start with that. I tossed said lilac bush back there thinking it would die as I can't stand the smell of the flowers. Instead of dying, it rooted and has been growing in rotting leaves ever since. And yes, it still flowers even though it doesn't get nearly the amount of sun lilac bushes are supposed to get.

I went out to check the mail. While I was out there, I decided to scan the area to see if I could find a bunny nest. I didn't find a nest, but I did find another dead baby bunny. I don't know why the second one died. There are no physical wounds to suggest something got a hold of it unlike the one from yesterday. I'll spare everybody the details; you'll just have to trust me when I say it wasn't nice. I also don't know how long it has been there. I don't think I missed anything yesterday, but maybe I did. Dingus has the spade-headed shovel with him at work so he can dig up hosta. Second baby bunny is going to have to wait for a proper burial.

I've meet my limit for burying critters for the week.
Mad Poster
#4396 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 1:12 AM
Tomorrow is my father's birthday and I'm at a loss on what to get him.

He lives to serve anyone as loyalty and\or love is factored into the agreement, but since his leg put him out of action at work after a 18 year old injury decided to flare up, I am concerned.

He's depressed, he spent most of the days in front of the TV watch Nickelodeon on Pluto tv (we recently cut cable) with our cat Gemini.

He has been cooking for himself and my mother. I'm able to care for myself, but I sometimes like hot meals made for me.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4397 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 2:24 AM
I'm a little tired, but when am I not tired lately.

Scare tape has been hung. It looks weird blowing around in the breeze but it isn't about looks so who cares. I've also looked into something called "Predator Guard". There are other versions of this product, but they all work basically the same way. It is a small black box with solar panels and LED lights. At dusk, the LED lights blink then shut off at dawn. The blinking lights confuse the problematic nocturnal animal as they don't know what the lights are, so they leave. The box or boxes are hung at whatever height the animal is. So if I had a raccoon problem, I'd hang the lights about a foot from the ground. Since I'm dealing with things with wings, it is suggested that the boxes be hung between 8-10 feet. I haven't committed to this, but the more I listen to bee keepers, people that keep chickens, ect... that use them, the more I like the idea. Obviously these would not help me out during the day, but if it helps ward off issues at dusk, then it would be worth it.

We managed to find a lone forsythia bush at Lowe's. It didn't come with a price tag of $50.00, so it was purchased and planted. Also got a plant list from the local nursery. Some of the plants are okay, others I'm meh about. I don't want or need a 10 foot Privet hedge as a example. They did have a good suggestion of how to plant things though. Plant whatever on the part of The Pit near the side walk to keep trash out of the yard, then plant what we want to look at behind it or the side that faces the house. For such a simple thing, I never thought about that.

The small bunches of forsythia that planted themselves next to the driveway were dug up and moved to the empty area near the sidewalk. There used to be forsythia in that spot, but the boneheads from the tree company the electric company hired to butcher the trees that line the street dropped big, heavy branches on them, hence they died. Since there is no longer any more trees there, said boneheads have no excuses to be killing my plants. Also, I found yucca plants. Where there was one there are now 3. I'm so over fighting with yucca plants that I'm not going to dig them up and pitch them. They can go in The Pit since they thrive on neglect.

Grass seed was finally put down this afternoon for the ugly corner or hell corner. Also added more seed to around the tree stump garden as for whatever reason, the seed I put down before hasn't done much. Scott's sez we'll have grass in two weeks, we'll see about that. The thing I didn't do before which we did this time around was place a thin layer of soil over the seed. Maybe the seed I put down before was drying out even though I was watering it twice a day.

To accommodate the big hosta that were planted today, we moved a few things around the yard. Now when I walk through the gate, I'm greeted by a big hosta and 6 small ones planted in front it. The smaller ones will eventually have to be moved, but they're good for the time being.

It was another day of digging, planting, moving things and marking a couple more things off of the "To-Do List." Somehow getting butterfly bushes was added to the list which I'm okay with, but that will have to wait until the grass comes up in the ugly corner as that's were they'll be going.
#4398 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 8:34 PM
you ever get the urge to beat up your past self for something they said/did? no?

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#4399 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 2:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Snowflake
you ever get the urge to beat up your past self for something they said/did? no?

Would you believe I was lost in a concert hall in Helsinki, Finland and farted loud enough to drown out the pipe organ?

I would whale on my past self for that.

Mad Poster
#4400 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 2:29 AM
Aside from my day today, which included numerous doctor appointment phone calls and the fact I am done with my first week of self-quarantine prior to re-entry of a sane normal society like Vermont...

I say my phone calling skills are getting better. I also cancelled an expensive subscription and bought something I had my eye on.

Page 176 of 182