Replies: 4527 (Who?), Viewed: 149325 times.
Page 181 of 182
Mad Poster
#4501 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 4:36 AM
Another day, another soul-sucking set of phone calls made to tame my mania and bipolar.

For those wondering the abstract concept of the torture I receive when I am weaned off old medicine and prepare for new pills, only to have an episode. Think of Pixar's Inside Out...only with 100 emotions and a video wall comprised of 1,000 flat screens, all normally working in perfect synchronicity. Once weaned off certain pills and the opportunity strikes, the screens take on individual feeds of various thoughts, some happy, some sad, some angry, some showing my lovesickness, some triggering anxiety when I was in middle school, some showing random shit that doesn't make sense in our world like the "Let It Go" sequence from Frozen (one) translated in Hindi but the movie was never distributed in India.

In short, I am not really a happy camper right now. Only thing that made me cry was Steve Burns of Blue's Clues fame talking about student loans, jobs and families while I am a NEET who lost her training center after the government misplaced the funding, her reserved position at Boeing after the 2008 economic downturn and suffers from PCOS, and approaching 35 quicker than Sonic the Hedgehog's cameraman.

Only thing that kept me happy was a series of animations based on Mo Willems' bibliography which includes the Pigeon books and the Knuffle Bunny trilogy. Most of the voice credits went to Mo Willems and his daughter Trixie. I was a big fan of Mo Willems since his series of shorts titled "The Offbeats" and his half hour, 3 act series "Sheep in the Big City".

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4502 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:46 AM
My livingroom looks like a bomb hit it. I'd like it to be back to normal, but that's not going to happen until this evening or tomorrow.

It started with going to check the mail the other day. As I was coming back from the mailbox, I noticed the window sill under the air conditioner was all discolored. Later I would figure out the discoloration was from rust. The air conditioner is basically rotting from the inside out. When the fan turns on, it blows rusty water everywhere. That air conditioner is about 5 years old.

I've been listening to more and more people talk about how things are not made like they used to be. It seems as though it isn't only me that is having issues with appliances only lasting for about 5-6 years before they crap out. I'll spare everybody my rant about that; the air conditioner is sitting on the coffee table with the mat I use to do fish tank water changes. The mat is water proof as window air conditioners always leak water when they've been moved. The POS is going out to the curb with a free sign. It still works, I just don't know for how long and I'm not wasting more time cleaning up rust stains. In the meantime, I moved the portable AC we bought a few months ago into the livingroom. The unit itself sits inside and the exhaust vent is made from plastic, so no rusting problems but having another thing sitting on the floor adding to the 'mess' problem.

No problems with groceries yesterday. The store however ran out of the snacks I ordered, so they called to see if I wanted something else. I told them no and decided to put a big box store order in as snacks are one of those things that are seeing price increases and hoarding. I guess people think they can live off of Cheez-Its.

It is still cheaper to order from the big box store for that kind of stuff, so I also ordered 2 cases of flavored water, olive oil, snacks, bread and some other random things. The bread went in the freezer, the olive oil and snacks were put away, but the 2 cases of water are sitting on the livingroom floor. Since I'm talking about groceries, the veggie box I ordered came in the other day. Said box was very well packed, but the kale didn't ship well, the cucumbers have that gross wax all over them that is used to preserve them and then there are the carrots. It is a tiny bundle and they are the most bendy carrots that I've seen in awhile. They're so rubbery that I can bend them into a U shape and they don't break. The carrots will be chopped up and used in a potato soup or roasted, the kale has gone away and the rest of the stuff was okay. Perhaps I should have just ordered a box of potatoes and garlic as those are 'normal'. There was also a lemon, a pear, Italian tomatoes and few peppers and some other random things. For what I spent for this box of 'farm fresh' vegetables, it wasn't worth it and rubber carrots are not fresh.

When I haven't been moving air conditioners and muttering to myself about false advertising, the rest of my time has been spent with more budgeting stuff. Our mortgage company is out of their mind if they think I'm paying them another 10 years worth of interest. Since we don't have a life and won't for the foreseeable future because of Rona and whatever else rears its ugly head, may as well put proverbial blinders on, buckle down and pay the house off. It isn't going to happen overnight, we're not wealthy but there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to be done with it in a couple of years. I've spent the past year or so grumping about the crappy quality of things anyway, so I don't have any reason to be blowing money on crap that comes with a whole bunch of marketing hype only to complain more about how other stuff is a POS that I had to throw out for one reason or another.

The rest of the budgeting stuff is going to work like the grocery / household budget except for things where the amount doesn't change, like the mortgage. Whatever funds are not used will be rolled over to the next month in most cases with exceptions. A example: If I budget $150.00 for the electric bill and it only comes to $100.00, the extra $50 will either go into a savings account, added to the pet food budget if it will be needed or tossed at mortgage principle. I'm going to be flexible and apply funds where they need to go from month to month. In the case of paying off mortgage principle, if I don't specify where the extra money goes to them, they will automatically take it as interest, because banks.

We talked about moving the mortgage to our bank just to get away from the disaster that is our current mortgage company, but after considering points that would have to be paid, the cost of inspections, paperwork and all the other BS that goes into moving a mortgage from one bank to another, it wouldn't be worth it. It would make my life easier in terms of paying the stupid thing off, but I'm not willing to spend a couple thousand dollars because I don't want to have to make a phone call or log into another website. As low as interest rates are right now, it still wouldn't be worth it. The savings would be lost with the cost of all the other nonsense that would need to happen.
Mad Poster
#4503 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 4:03 AM
It's been a month since my father came home from the hospital and we're now getting on each other's nerves.

I don't want to go for a walk. I hate going for walks in warm weather with moist heat.

I sleep to escape his grouchy attitude when he's in pain. He sleeps because of the pain they put him through in physical therapy.

I don't think I can handle another 2 months.

Mad Poster
#4504 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 10:07 AM
I finished the book I was reading. It ended perfectly. But now I feel that horrible sense of emptiness. The Renegade series is amazing and I encourage anyone to read it. Now I've just started on another book but I just can't get into it.

Also I'm just not in a great mood today. I didn't sleep well last night, my neck hurts from sleeping in a weird position, my legs kept cramping throughout the night and I'd wake up in pain. Plus I had my vaccine yesterday so today my arm hurts and I have a bit of a headache. Ugh.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4505 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 10:56 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 21st Sep 2021 at 1:22 AM.
Saw my nephrologist Dr. MP and I have a change to the routine.

Nothing too drastic. I also have to see Dr. DB again for a flu shot and a few diagnostics.

Edit: I'm also attending a birthday party for my 93 year old grandfather this upcoming Sunday. He lives in a house neighboring a Korean American strip mall.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4506 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 21st Sep 2021 at 12:35 PM.
Mortgage balance is moving in a direction that makes me happy. The more I throw at the balance, the less interest goes into the bank's pocket. Doing this also means more of our regular payment goes towards principle unlike right now where more of our regular payment goes towards interest. I'll take progress wherever I can get it.

Grocery order this week came to $53.67. The Boy wanted lettuce for sandwiches, I got some eggs as I want to make pumpkin bars and I'm almost out of potatoes. I like the baby potatoes, but a tiny bag of those is almost as much as 5 pound bag of russet potatoes. Nobody cares if they eat small potatoes or ones that are cut into chunks. $53.67 is still way better than $120...

The crusty air conditioner finally made its way to the curb on Saturday. It disappeared some time either Saturday night or really early Sunday morning. One less thing I have to deal with, store and maintain.

EDIT: The things mentioned for groceries didn't come to $53.67. What was mentioned put me over $50.00. I don't know why I felt the need to clarify on that, but here it is.
Mad Poster
#4507 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 10:53 AM
I'm tired.
I was up late yesterday. I had to go to hospital because I was bleeding. The bleeding happened at 2pm but the doctor didn't see me until around 7pm, where he wonderfully had a look at me and declared I wasn't bleeding, including holding the speculum up to my face and showing its clean. Then he walked straight out of the room and I never found out why I had a random little bleed. Finally got home at 9pm. Quickly ate a Mcdonalds and went to bed. It wasn't like I went to bed super late I guess, but I kept dreaming that I was bleeding again so I had to keep getting out of bed and double checking.

Now today I have to walk past my stalker SILs house. Makes me almost not want to take my child to school because last time she was stood at her door shouting my name as we walked past. Maybe I'll find a secret back street?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4508 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 2:31 PM
The full moon happened the other day; one wouldn't know it.

I had my butt chewed this morning because I mentioned that the grocery order I put in the other day needs to be picked up. I said that it would have to be picked up today when I placed the order, I got the not-listening-to-me answer of "Ah-huh". Then in a lame attempt to play a game of GOTCHA, there was mention of the order I put in with the big box store I decided to put in yesterday as we were out of Pepto and I didn't feel like placing at a later time. I ordered: dish liquid, cereal as I refuse to pay almost $5.00 for a box, Pepto Bismol, coffee because again, not willing to pay out the nose for that, 3 cases of water because heaven forbid the man child should drink regular water and snacks. The big box store should not hear from again for at least a month.

Apparently according to one person in my house, this is a well balanced diet. We've discussed time and time again the things I will no longer buy from the big box store and why.

While the adult tantrum was being played out, I said that I could cancel the order for today since it was causing such mental anguish and that the man child otherwise wise known as Dingus could take over the entire responsibility of making sure there is food in the house, one less thing for me to keep track of. That lead to whining about not being perfect and a whole bunch of other crap that had nothing to do with food.

As tempting as it is to cancel the order just to make a point, I'm not going to. I spent over 2 hours yesterday meal planning for the end of Sept and the whole month of October, that time is not going to be wasted because somebody decides to act like a ass. We have no plans this afternoon, there is nothing going on, so picking up food is not interfering with anything. The big show was nothing more than somebody not wanting to do something. If the charade continues later this afternoon, we'll sit at the kitchen table and he can explain to me what kind of tasty meals he can come up with with the stuff I bought from the big box store.
Test Subject
#4509 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 3:01 PM
while on the nerves because of study
Mad Poster
#4510 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 6:55 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 23rd Sep 2021 at 7:15 PM.
Well, my intake manager never called today.

Good thing, I was not in the mood to be emotionally drained.

Read up on Napoleon Bonaparte and his embarrassing defeat against 3000...bunny rabbits. His men were supposed to kill for sport after paying off numerous rabbit breeders, but they were overwhelmed by the sheer amounts of lagomorphs. Napoleon fled to his carriage and fled the fields.

Also, my father is able to drive again as of today.

Mad Poster
#4511 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 8:06 PM
Wrote my wedding invites!
1st one and I spelt my partner's surname wrong. Realised I didn't have enough RSVPs, and turns out my partner has spelt several of my family members names wrong...

Also one of my bridesmaids has changed her mind. She doesn't want to wear pink anymore. She wants to wear blue or purple. The colour theme is dusty pink, sage and silver.

Mad Poster
#4512 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 6:18 PM
Not much, just preparing for my trip around the world.

Once my doctors help me get through metabolic syndrome's stubborn tendency to mess with my body, I will travel with my father and my fiancé. That latter one is one I didn't tell you. I have been seeing someone during lockdown of last year, so recently and he is just perfect for me.

Mad Poster
#4513 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 3:45 PM
Came in to work today to a man asleep on a bed in my office. OK. He didn't speak much English and seemed just as confused as me.

Turns out he was working on agency and had travelled from England to do 2 night shifts in a row so they said he could sleep there.

So... there was nowhere else for me to work in isolation... so I got to go home.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4514 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 5:43 PM
Getting my ducks in order; or trying to anyway.

Dinner is in the crockpot. Tonight will be Black Bean and Rice soup with grilled cheese.

I put in order for dog food so I won't have to bother with that for the month of October.

Jingle's grooming appointment was made the other day. Since I don't know what made the dogs sick the last time she went, she'll be getting Kochi-Free for a few days post appointment.

I re-did my meal plan. Last night I was flipping through YT channels looking for something remotely interesting to watch. I came across a channel dedicated to cooking things in the air fryer. I've spent all summer heating up the house with sheet pan meals when all I had to do was toss everything in the air fryer. Everything would have cooked in a much shorter period of time and I wouldn't have had to deal with a hot kitchen. I felt stupid, but I know better now. I also learned a number of other things, so the air fryer is going to be used a lot more.

Since today is Sunday, I usually spend time going around the house looking for things to declutter. I found some pj bottoms that have seen better days and that was it other than getting rid of empty soap bottles. I'm finally to the end of the body wash that was doing the opposite of how it was being advertised. Instead of having nice skin, it made me break out and caused eczema flare-ups. I've been using said body wash as hand soap. My hands seem to tolerate it better than the rest of me.

Grocery order was put in. It will be about the same as last week. What put me over this week was sweet potatoes. Instead of the little, pathetic, sad sweet potatoes I have been buying, I'll be getting some that are beefy in size, like sweet potatoes should be.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4515 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 2:38 PM
The bank situation is fixed. They kept insisting that I open a account with a cell phone, yeah, no. There are better and more secure ways to open a account, even as Rona continues to be a major pain in the ass.

The other situation with Company X is on the way of being dealt with. After a series of attempts of us trying to call them last night, somebody called us back on their personal cell phone because the phone lines for Company X were / are screwed up. All they had to do was send a email stating that their phones were screwed up and that we could deal with the matter at hand once things were fixed on their end. Instead they assumed that we'd just play along with what they thought was best.

The way the conversation went reminded me of the time I went into Sears to buy a calculator. The dude at the register would not take no for a answer when I said I did not want the extended warranty. I'm not sure why a person would spend $10.00 for a warranty for a $5.00 calculator, but whatever. After the third time of insisting that I buy the warranty, I had to tell him that if he told me about the warranty one more time, I was leaving the store empty handed.

Last night was not about a warranty, but Company X had to be told that A) we're not agreeing to what they thought was best B) if they were not willing to work with us, then there is no reason to do business with them.

Why do companies / businesses / people that work for these businesses need to be told these things? Are there really that many people roaming around that will agree with anything a person sez even if it isn't in their best interest? I'm not looking for a answer; just tossing the question into the void.
Mad Poster
#4516 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 11:54 PM
The party on Sunday was fine, but I had a panic attack before they brought out Grandpa's cake. Good thing I had my meds. Nearly everyone was there. All that Grandpa wished for was to have the kids and grandkids visit.

Recently got bit by spiders. (Just another hazard of living in The Hermitage in The Glen). First, eczema and dry skin and now, spider bites. Good thing I have diphenhydramine in both pill and cream form. Either one works.

My cat Gemini is feeling needy lately. She sleeps by my head half the night then she goes down the hall and sleeps between my parents. She wakes my mother up at 3:30 in the morning.

Me and Gemini are spoiled rotten. My parents are happy to see me get back into enjoying life and drawing again.

Mad Poster
#4517 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 7:38 PM
Still falling asleep midday, dreaming of flights of fancy.

Most of my time is spent at doctors. I had a flu shot and blood work yesterday.

I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow morning.

Mad Poster
#4518 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 7:05 PM
Got my hair cut, was treated to lunch, bought some supplements with my allowance...but my SNAP\EBT is late.

My therapist called and asked if I was okay. Barring the inordinate wait time for food money, which is between now and the 5th, I'm doing fine.

Still dreaming of charming, insane, but desirable older men; still laughing at the ventriloquy of Jeff Dunham and "the little people in the boxes" as he likes to address them, still getting compliments on my Harajuku-inspired "I rolled out of bed like this" fashion, still alive and the Pantheon watches from the heavens.

Mad Poster
#4519 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 8:42 PM
Ugh. Constant walking from 12 until 3:30pm. My legs hurt and my back hurts and I wish Wales was more flat lol. I had to pop into work, my legs just about gave up on the hill.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4520 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 10:52 PM
Occasionally I do try to be optimistic about things; it usually blows up in my face. The past few days have been no exception. One of the dumpster fires started at 6:30 this morning and is just now settling down although one of the issues that has given me a headache all day hasn't been resolved. All three catalysts for said dumpster fires was because people were being lazy and or didn't want to do their job. I too have lazy days, but I do not report bogus misinformation on contracts then expect people to sign off on said BS. It goes without saying, we won't being doing business with that company nor recommend them.

People are exhausting...
Mad Poster
#4521 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 10:31 PM
Got my money this morning for my SNAP\EBT.

A little girl complimented me on my rainbow jacket. That's 2 days in a row.

I got that sort of high that triggers a flood of serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin. That and having a Wild Cherry Pepsi didn't hurt.

Of course, I'm only waiting until Monday morning to talk to a nurse about titration off my old medicine which makes me feel sleepy.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4522 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 5th Oct 2021 at 6:22 PM.
Finally getting some peace and quiet, for the moment anyway.

Paying off a house is a slow, boring process. To keep things interesting, I've decided to do a few money saving challenges. A new budget is created every month as each month is different, so I'll be using what is left over to do said challenges. These challenges rely on the envelope system. I'm not a fan that, but don't want to open a handful of savings accounts either, so I'm going to order fake or play money. The fake money keeps cash out of the house but allows me to keep track of how much I have for each category I'm saving for. Hopefully this makes sense, it does in my head.

These ideas were inspired by the following video. These challenges are not for any specific year, you can do them any time.

2021 Savings Challenges | 5 You Might Not Know About | Setup for 2021 Cash Stuffings!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqDf8GJ9fI

The challenges I will be doing will be as follows:

Save-opoly: This is where you have a board, roll dice ( I'm using random.org) and follow the prompt. So if I land on a railroad, I have to put $15.00 away

Wednesday Weather Challenge: Check the outdoor temperature on Wednesday, put away whatever the temp is. Example: If it is 60 degrees outside, I'll put away $60.00.

26 Week Challenge: For this challenge you start by putting away $3.00. For every time you put away additional money, the increments increase by $3.00. The first week put away $3.00, the next week put away $6.00, ect...

Nickel A Day Challenge: This is like the 26 week challenge, only instead of starting out with $3.00, you start with a nickel and increase with .5 increments. First day, a nickle. The next day, .10..... repeat this process for a year. This challenge can also be done with pennies.

Zero Out Challenge: This is where you check your account balance the night before pay day, then save whatever doesn't end in zero. Example: If a person has 458.20 in their checking account, they take the $8.20 and put it away. The range from week to week for this challenge could be as low as a penny or has high as $9.99.

I will be doing all of these challenges weekly unless there is a reason not to, but a person can do them bi-weekly or however they need to do to make them work for them. A person can pick one, do a couple... whatever. The idea is to have fun, encourage saving habits and watch the savings grow with time. The 26 Week Challenge is recommended to be done every 2 weeks, but regardless if it is done bi-weekly or every week, the savings ends up being $1,053.00.

When I get bored with these challenges, I can play new ones. There is no shortage of them...

EDIT: Instead of ordering fake money, I'm going to use Monopoly money.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4523 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 11:01 PM
Some preface here: Credit card companies do not like me. We have one card that I use like a debit card. When I use it, I have the cash on hand to pay for whatever it is that is being purchased. I don't wait 30 days to pay the bill. The thing or things are paid for minutes after the purchase is complete.

Wells Fargo sent me a application with big writing on the front of the envelope that said they were going to give me $200.00. I decided I needed something to giggle about before putting said application through the shredder, so I opened it to see how exactly they were going to give me $200.00. It turned out to be funnier than I thought.

If I spent $1,000.00 in the first 3 months of opening a credit card account with them, they would give me $200.00 back. Is there anybody willing to give me $1,000.00 so I can give them back $200.00? I didn't think so. The bullshit from banks is ridiculous. What is even more scary is people really think they are getting something from this bullshit. SMH
Mad Poster
#4524 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:10 PM
Tired. The political ads, both informative and attack are starting to get on my nerves.

Just another part of "adulting". You don't have to be crazy about politics, but the laws of the land will affect you regardless if you vote or not.

Also, still trying trying to sleep through the night. When they say "slept like a baby" that normally does not entail crying half the night and needing to be fed and changed every few hours. Well, I fell asleep at 8:00pm, got up at 4:00am, took my pills and went back to bed and slept until 9:00am.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4525 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 2:42 PM
I checked my email this morning as I usually do. There was a thing from my doctors office thanking me for booking a appointment. I didn't book a appointment, I deal with them only when I have to. They make my blood pressure spike with their endless buffoonery. Today was no different in a buffoon dept.

I called and asked about said appointment that I didn't make. Turns out they changed my appointment for next March. I was then told they sent a letter about this. I asked when they sent said letter, they sent it yesterday. Well no, yesterday was Columbus Day, the post office wasn't open. This fact flew over the person's head that I was speaking with. I was then told that I wouldn't have gotten it the same day anyway. I didn't feel getting into a endless loop of stupid, so I thanked the person for their time and left it at that.

They knew they were going to be making changes to doctors schedules for awhile now according to the person on the phone, why didn't they send me this so-called letter a couple of weeks ago stating that there was going to be a change. That would have prevented this whole entire stupid, unnecessary, conversation.

While I had them on the phone, I should have asked if they fixed the prescription they screwed up. They wrote a script for something that doesn't exist, then got mad at me when I called to tell them they messed up. I didn't act like a 5-year old about it, I repeated what I was told on the phone by a pharmacy tech. Long story short, they reluctantly admitted that they screwed up and said that they would send a new script. I haven't bothered to look into whether they have or not as I haven't needed a refill for that drug or in this case, inhaler.
Page 181 of 182