Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 6:25 AM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:43 PM.
Default Repository Arch Not Taking Recolors
Trying to make a slaved arch to a door I'm making, but after much frustration trying to get it to repo in the first place, I finally got it to. Problem is, it doesn't repo recolors now.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cute.zip (465.7 KB, 6 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 2:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Apr 2021 at 2:52 PM.
You usually get the correct name if you match the strings for the "tsMaterialsMeshName" with the CRES of the master item instead of the SHPE (you can find the CRES string in the cObjectGraphNode tab in the CRES), so change the Strings to

##0x1c050000!cutedoor (minus the _CRES ending, of course)
and not
##0x1C050000!cutedoor_surfaces_white (which is the SHPE)

Change this for both the GMDCs, and I think it should work.

Keep the SHPEs as-is (those should be matched with the SHPEs as per usual).

(If the SHPE is correct it will take on the master recolor, but it won't repo the recolors unless the GMND is correct).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 23rd Apr 2021 at 10:12 PM.
Thanks! This is my first slaved object (except for Numenor's counter templates and I was using the tut for that), so all tips are appreciated and it works like a charm.

EDIT: Trying to do the same for a double door, and there's no tsMaterialsMeshName block. Should I create it or is something else going on? I tried making the block and it's still trying to pull textures from the object from which I cloned.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cutedoubledoor_MESH_SLAVE.zip (103.5 KB, 6 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:24 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Apr 2021 at 1:39 AM.
The "Frame" of the "cutedoubdoor_doorframe_s_shpe" is linked to "frame = ##0x1C050000!cutedoubdoor_frame_darkwood" instead of being named "surfaces" and being linked to the Cutedoor SHPE (make sure you use the SHPE string in the SHPE), so make sure you've fixed that.

The subset names in the GMDCs for the doorframes and doors need to be changed to "surfaces" if you want them repo'd.

- The SHPEs of the repo items should match the SHPEs you want them to repo in the master object.
- The strings in the GMND tsMaterialsMeshName can use the CRES string from the master object (because the full SHPE name doesn't always work. This is the only thing you need the CRES for, and sometimes you can just check to see what it is and copy the name off the SHPE. The point is that you don't use the extra SHPE part of the name if there is something at the end.)
- All subset names in the repo subset should match the subset name in the master item (GMDCs, SHPEs, "tsDesignModeEnabled" and "tsMaterialsMeshName")
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 6:31 AM
When you say "The SHPEs of the repo items should match the SHPEs you want them to repo in the master object," do you mean every single string and name within the SHPE (i.e. extract and replace resources), or just the subset/texture names? I'm not sure what else I'm doing wrong, still getting flashing blue. (And thanks for continuing to help!)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cutedoubledoor_MESH_SLAVE.zip (104.8 KB, 6 downloads)

Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 7:09 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Apr 2021 at 7:30 AM.
No, just the strings for the subset/textures you want repo'd. Use the already existing SHPEs.

The SHPEs are wrong, though - it's supposed to be
##0x1C050000!cutedoor_surfaces_white
not
##0x1c050000!cutedoor

("##0x1c050000!cutedoor" is the correct string for the tsMaterialsMeshNames, though - they're easily confused. That's what I meant with using the SHPEs from the master item for the SHPEs, and the CRES for the tsMaterialsMeshName strings. It's often the best way to not get them confused).

If the glass subset is unused and you've removed it from the TXTR/TXMTs, you can remove it from the SHPEs too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 8:17 PM
There we go, that's definitely what was confusing me--thought the same name was for all the parts. In hindsight, it definitely seems obvious!

However, now it tells me it's not designable?

Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 8:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Apr 2021 at 8:56 PM.
You need to add "tsMaterialsMeshName" in the blocklist for the "door_s" and "door_n" groups (the ones with "Surfaces" in the "tsDesignModeEnabled") - there's 4 missing in all.

In the GMND you may have to change all the "tsNoShadow" "frame" subset names to "surfaces", too (don't change them if they're named something else than "frame"). I think it has something to do with throwing proper shadows (or not throwing shadows) from the sun and/or lamps ingame.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You need to add "tsMaterialsMeshName" in the blocklist for the "door_s" and "door_n" groups (the ones with "Surfaces" in the "tsDesignModeEnabled") - there's 4 missing in all.

Brain's not fully working--which resource am I looking in for this? (This is what happens when I don't come back to it immediately, lol)

Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:06 PM
In the GMNDs. They should be set up the same way as the doorframes. You'll have to add it to the blocklist for each of the GMNDs.

(Do you know how to properly add a new entry?)