Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weather Realism Overhaul [2.1.0]

by no12 Posted 24th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM - Updated 24th Dec 2023 at 6:32 PM by no12 : Fix text on the page

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 264 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 14
Test Subject
#226 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 8:00 PM Last edited by kagora2 : 7th Aug 2021 at 8:40 PM.
Hi no12
thx for your mod, i love it.
in my game the weather does not have a name in the calendar or the forcast.
also i do not get the tempartur displayed in the calendar.
i can see if there is / will be rain, a thunderstorm or clouddy weather, but no name or the temperatur forcast.

Is it because my game is in german?
i thought that i then would see the english names.

Update:

I changed the language of my game to english
now everything is visible.
so it is realy, because my game was set to german.
will wait for a german translation.
hopfully someone will translate it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#227 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nynvieealmere
Yes and no. LittleMsSam https://lms-mods.com did make a mod that does this (It is not compatible with any weather mod) I think it is her "Sul Sul Weather App" and how she did it is the mod "predicts" the weather then forces the weather when you travel so it's not really "predicting" it, only making it happen before hand. She gives a great explanation on her site and I don't use it because I use this one so I have never used it, just know she has it. Hope this helps.

BTW Love the mod tyvm for keeping it updated it is much appreciated.

Yeah, I have seen her mod and honestly, I could have never imagined such a creative way to 'predict' weather. I was talking about viewing the weather of another world, in my original comment (not that this method came to my mind, obviously, that is all thanks to LittleMsSam), but I guess that explains my negative answer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#228 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cekwebpage
no12,
Thank you for this awesome mod. Original sims 4's weather are a bit unrealistic to me.
With Cottage Living released, we now have the actual Henford-On-Bagley. Will you change Britechester weather to somewhere else or keep it as current?

I'm planning to keep it as current, as there isn't much climate variety in Britain anyway, so even if I did change it no one would notice a major difference.
Test Subject
#229 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 10:11 AM
Can you please change the temperature range? Temperatures like 44°C in Oasis Springs early spring bother me and it happens all the time - it should be restricted to middle of summer heatwaves if anything. Normally you couldn't survive in that kind of temperatures outside and the swimming pool and such wouldn't help much. And I believe I was getting 14-17*C in Newcrest in the middle of summer and sims considered that "warm", which was also bothering me (I remember waiting for temperatures like 22-25*C but it never come, is Newcrest really that cold climate or the temperature range is messed up?).

Please make it similar to The Sims 3 temperatures variety:
Range Minimum Maximum
Hot 32°C / 90°F 37°C / 99°F
Warm 21°C / 70°F 31°C / 88°F
Mild 10°C / 50°F 20°C / 68°F
Cool 0°C / 32°F 9°C / 48°F
Cold -17°C / 0°F 0°C / 32°F

My suggestion is:
Heatwave 35°C to 40°C
Hot 26°C to 34°C
Warm 16°C to 25°C
Cool 6°C to 15°C
Cold -5°C to 5°C
Freezing - 17°C to -6°C

It will be more realistic.
Test Subject
#230 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 3:33 PM
Hey could you change the sound for heavy rain event from weather_event weather_Rain_Heavy_Cool or weather_event weather_Rain_Heavy i've noticed in 2.0 heavy rain sounds like light rain. Heavy rain it doesnt mean Thunderstorm. Lemme show you on this Video with sounds.mp4
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 3:57 PM
After newest update 1.80, mod Better Exception showed: NO12 - Weather Realism Overhaul Mod\WRO 2.0.package
Invalid Tuning
weatherForcastList_Fall_UniversityWorld_Late
Test Subject
#232 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 1:57 PM
According to Better Exceptions Patch Day Results by TwistedMexi:

Invalid Tuning
forecast_Chance_Of_Thunderstorms_Hot | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for weather_event_time_blocks in Instance: 212662 (forecast_Chance_Of_Thunderstorms_Hot), Types.WEATHER_FORECAST. Expected 'U', got 'V'
forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for weather_event_time_blocks in Instance: 212674 (forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing), Types.WEATHER_FORECAST. Expected 'U', got 'V'
Test Subject
#233 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 4:24 AM
Hey, I need some help with this mod. I edited it using sims 4 studio to make Willow Creek snowy again, but for some reason rivers and ponds are not getting frozen in winter anymore. And I`ve seen it happening in other worlds too, such as Henford on Bagley. Do you know what should I do to fix it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#234 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:44 PM
is there sombody who can translate this mod to german?
i can not see the tempratur or the name of the forcast
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#235 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FloridaDude1964
According to Better Exceptions Patch Day Results by TwistedMexi:

Invalid Tuning
forecast_Chance_Of_Thunderstorms_Hot | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for weather_event_time_blocks in Instance: 212662 (forecast_Chance_Of_Thunderstorms_Hot), Types.WEATHER_FORECAST. Expected 'U', got 'V'
forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for weather_event_time_blocks in Instance: 212674 (forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing), Types.WEATHER_FORECAST. Expected 'U', got 'V'

Thanks for this, will fix sometime in November.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#236 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TSimFT
Hey could you change the sound for heavy rain event from weather_event weather_Rain_Heavy_Cool or weather_event weather_Rain_Heavy i've noticed in 2.0 heavy rain sounds like light rain. Heavy rain it doesnt mean Thunderstorm. Lemme show you on this Video with sounds.mp4

It's unfortunately not something I can change, but I'll see what I can do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#237 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by astrid88
Can you please change the temperature range? Temperatures like 44°C in Oasis Springs early spring bother me and it happens all the time - it should be restricted to middle of summer heatwaves if anything. Normally you couldn't survive in that kind of temperatures outside and the swimming pool and such wouldn't help much. And I believe I was getting 14-17*C in Newcrest in the middle of summer and sims considered that "warm", which was also bothering me (I remember waiting for temperatures like 22-25*C but it never come, is Newcrest really that cold climate or the temperature range is messed up?).

Please make it similar to The Sims 3 temperatures variety:
Range Minimum Maximum
Hot 32°C / 90°F 37°C / 99°F
Warm 21°C / 70°F 31°C / 88°F
Mild 10°C / 50°F 20°C / 68°F
Cool 0°C / 32°F 9°C / 48°F
Cold -17°C / 0°F 0°C / 32°F

My suggestion is:
Heatwave 35°C to 40°C
Hot 26°C to 34°C
Warm 16°C to 25°C
Cool 6°C to 15°C
Cold -5°C to 5°C
Freezing - 17°C to -6°C

It will be more realistic.

Sorry, but this is not a bug and something I'm planning to change. The temperatures are the way they are because of gameplay constraints (freezing is 0*C because that's when water freezes eg. accumulating snow), but I will take a look at the issue with Oasis Springs. 44*C weather should be happening there, but restricted to late-spring to early-fall. Newcrest is pretty cold in real-life (Vancouver's summer high is around 20*C I believe, so days slightly below that are expected, although some above that should happen.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#238 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexWolf
After newest update 1.80, mod Better Exception showed: NO12 - Weather Realism Overhaul Mod\WRO 2.0.package
Invalid Tuning
weatherForcastList_Fall_UniversityWorld_Late

As with FloridaDude, thanks to you as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#239 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielkugs
Hey, I need some help with this mod. I edited it using sims 4 studio to make Willow Creek snowy again, but for some reason rivers and ponds are not getting frozen in winter anymore. And I`ve seen it happening in other worlds too, such as Henford on Bagley. Do you know what should I do to fix it?

This mod makes rivers harder to freeze, because normally they kept freezing in the slightest cold snap. If needed I can give you a tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#240 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 2:35 AM
Hi there! Are this mod and your seasonal mod compatible with the latest patch? Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#241 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AN_Gel
Hi there! Are this mod and your seasonal mod compatible with the latest patch? Thank you
The minor issues present in the last update will probably persist, but there is no reason why this patch would cause any additional issues.
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no12
The minor issues present in the last update will probably persist, but there is no reason why this patch would cause any additional issues.

Thank you so much for confirming! Your mod is a must have for me and I can't imagine playing without it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#243 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AN_Gel
Thank you so much for confirming! Your mod is a must have for me and I can't imagine playing without it.

All issues should now be fixed with 2.0.1, by the way.
Lab Assistant
#244 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 1:58 PM

Thank you soo much!
Lab Assistant
#245 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 2:15 AM

Thank you so much! You are the best
Instructor
THANKS POST
#246 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:30 PM
Hi! Is it compatible with seasons cheat by msqsims?
Or others ? Thanks !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#247 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tipoual
Hi! Is it compatible with seasons cheat by msqsims?
Or others ? Thanks !

It should be compatible, no reason for it not to be.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#248 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 2:12 AM
Thanks! i will try it with also better seasonal
Test Subject
#249 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 4:48 PM
Unfortunately it seems heavy rain sound is still bugged . I tried without the mod and with the old 1.5 version and the sound is ok.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#250 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mike_Itonula
Unfortunately it seems heavy rain sound is still bugged . I tried without the mod and with the old 1.5 version and the sound is ok.

Well, that's because it isn't a bug, and as I said there's not much I can do about it. The sounds aren't mapped to events but the rain intensity itself. The change I made (necessary one I think) was to lower the heavy rain trigger intensity. This allows more variety inside the heavy rain event, but has that side effect. To be honest moderately heavy rain shouldn't sound like a downpour anyway, but if that's a game-breaker for you, you can edit it, and I can give you a tutorial on it on Discord or on here.
Page 10 of 14