Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weather Realism Overhaul [2.1.0]

by no12 Posted 24th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM - Updated 24th Dec 2023 at 6:32 PM by no12 : Fix text on the page

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 264 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 14
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#201 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
Still a great mod I can't play without!

Any plans to update the mod for the new Expansion Pack? Or do you prefer to release that with version 2.0 of the mod (if that is still in the pipeline)

I am planning to release 2.0 tomorrow, with compatibility for the new Expansion Pack. It's a lot of work, and I do expect some bugs, but I think this will be the most realistic Seasons experience yet!
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no12
I am planning to release 2.0 tomorrow, with compatibility for the new Expansion Pack. It's a lot of work, and I do expect some bugs, but I think this will be the most realistic Seasons experience yet!

Amazing! I can't wait!

I already had a blast with the first version of the mod, so I cannot wait to see the changes/improvements!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#203 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:13 PM
Thanks, going to try this out now :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:11 PM
thank you ^-^ already in my mods!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:29 PM
can I change the season length after my first change from 14 to 28, then again in 14 days after restart my game?
Test Subject
#206 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 3:39 PM
how can i help to translate to portuguese?
Test Subject
#207 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 6:51 PM
Hi! I'm having an issue with the display of temperature, it is not showing up. I don't have any other mods that could conflict with this, and the last part of the forecast is blank, no text. It's the part where it says Heathwave and such. Any ideas as to what it could be causing this? I changed the season days, applied and changed it back as stated. Thanks in advance, I really love this mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#208 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lulireyes1
Hi! I'm having an issue with the display of temperature, it is not showing up. I don't have any other mods that could conflict with this, and the last part of the forecast is blank, no text. It's the part where it says Heathwave and such. Any ideas as to what it could be causing this? I changed the season days, applied and changed it back as stated. Thanks in advance, I really love this mod!

Alright, I'm assuming that your Sims game is in English, if it is not, see the tweaked forecasts part.
If your game is in English and you're having this problem, you might want to check if you've downloaded two files at once, that could cause this to happen. Otherwise I'm not sure what it could be, although maybe a screenshot of your Sims 4 calendar could help.
Test Subject
#209 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:02 AM
Hi,
I really like your mod. Your mod is really interesting!
I would love to translate it into traditional Chinese. And share your MOD with them on a Chinese website where Chinese people share everything about SIMS.
I promise I will write your name and your link on it. And only share my Chinese version without your MOD.
Thank you and sorry for my poor English.
Have a nice day
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#210 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:15 PM Last edited by no12 : 24th Jul 2021 at 2:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TangY324
Hi,
I really like your mod. Your mod is really interesting!
I would love to translate it into traditional Chinese. And share your MOD with them on a Chinese website where Chinese people share everything about SIMS.
I promise I will write your name and your link on it. And only share my Chinese version without your MOD.
Thank you and sorry for my poor English.
Have a nice day

First of all thank you, and you can actually share the entire mod in Traditional Chinese as long as you give me credit, as that's how I'll be handling translations (as a different version of the full mod). It would also be nice if you could hand me the Traditional Chinese file so that I can put it on here and give you credit for the translation.
Edit: Okay so, as Osqar provided me with string tables, sort of changed my mind about this, you can still publish the mod as a seperate thing and give credit to me, but just the string files also work.
Test Subject
#211 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:42 PM
Hey, here's the polish translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Osqar_WRO 2.0_POL_PL.rar (1.1 KB, 14 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#212 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Osqar
Hey, here's the polish translation

Thanks so much for this! Will integrate this into the mod files as soon as I can.
Test Subject
#213 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 4:28 PM
First of all thank you, and you can actually share the entire mod in Traditional Chinese as long as you give me credit, as that's how I'll be handling translations (as a different version of the full mod). It would also be nice if you could hand me the Traditional Chinese file so that I can put it on here and give you credit for the translation.
Edit: Okay so, as Osqar provided me with string tables, sort of changed my mind about this, you can still publish the mod as a seperate thing and give credit to me, but just the string files also work.

Thank you very much for your consent. This is the traditional Chinese version that I have translated. I’m sorry I don’t know how to use this website, so I don’t know if I can send the file to you smoothly.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  !WRO 2.0_CHT_By_TangY.rar (1.1 KB, 2 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#214 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TangY324
Thank you very much for your consent. This is the traditional Chinese version that I have translated. I’m sorry I don’t know how to use this website, so I don’t know if I can send the file to you smoothly.

Thanks, and this was in fact the smoothest way to send a file from the comments section.
Test Subject
#215 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 1:13 AM
Alright, I'm assuming that your Sims game is in English, if it is not, see the tweaked forecasts part.
If your game is in English and you're having this problem, you might want to check if you've downloaded two files at once, that could cause this to happen. Otherwise I'm not sure what it could be, although maybe a screenshot of your Sims 4 calendar could help.

My game is not in english but I thought I'd get the names anyway since that's not an issue for me, But from what I can understand, if it's not english or the current available translations it won't show up. That's okay, thanks for the help, I'll still use it! :D
Test Subject
#216 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:21 PM
Hello!
I've used this mod for a couple of days now and I must say, it has become a must-have for me already, really loving it!
However, I realized it's not translated to Spanish, and since I'm a native speaker I thought I may translate the mod for you?
I have a bit of experience translating mods, most of the time I just translate small mods for personal use but I thought perhaps this mod could use some Spanish translation.

Let me know if I have your consent! If so, I'd be more than happy to contribute the translation for this awesome mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#217 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordihs
Hello!
I've used this mod for a couple of days now and I must say, it has become a must-have for me already, really loving it!
However, I realized it's not translated to Spanish, and since I'm a native speaker I thought I may translate the mod for you?
I have a bit of experience translating mods, most of the time I just translate small mods for personal use but I thought perhaps this mod could use some Spanish translation.

Let me know if I have your consent! If so, I'd be more than happy to contribute the translation for this awesome mod

Of course! Would you like me to add the translation to the original file, or will you upload it somewhere else?
Test Subject
#218 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 3:06 PM
Of course! Would you like me to add the translation to the original file, or will you upload it somewhere else?

You can upload it to the original file, as long as you give me some small credit like you did with the other translators

Here's the file with the Spanish translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  jordihs_WRO2.0_SPA_ES.rar (1.1 KB, 8 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#219 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordihs
You can upload it to the original file, as long as you give me some small credit like you did with the other translators

Here's the file with the Spanish translation

Thank you so much, will add these to the file in the next 24 hours.
Forum Resident
#220 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 2:19 AM
Hey No12
Thanks for all the effort in making this. It's entirely way too much rain for me, but overall I see that you put a lot of effort into this. (I went ahead and changed it personally for my own use) =)

During my edits... I noticed 2 issues in the actual coding of the XML files that may need to be addressed.

In forecast_chance_of_thunderstorms_Hot L n="weather+event_timeblocks" is located on line 8.. where on the comparable tuning files, it should be on line 14 AFTER the prescribed weather type segment

This same issue is located on forecast_chance_of_snow_Freezing. Same issue, same fix.

I don't know what impact these minor issues will have, but they will probably throw up exception flags for twisted mexicans better exceptions scripts as needing to be updated.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 7:07 AM
Found a bug that still hasn't been fixed since the update with fear. The update changed several emotions from Tense to Frightened.
Lightning strikes somewhere gives nearby Sims a Moodlet, but that Moodlet is empty and the Emotion is wrong.
And this is the cause of a broken script from this mod, 100%
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#222 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Hey No12
Thanks for all the effort in making this. It's entirely way too much rain for me, but overall I see that you put a lot of effort into this. (I went ahead and changed it personally for my own use) =)

During my edits... I noticed 2 issues in the actual coding of the XML files that may need to be addressed.

In forecast_chance_of_thunderstorms_Hot L n="weather+event_timeblocks" is located on line 8.. where on the comparable tuning files, it should be on line 14 AFTER the prescribed weather type segment

This same issue is located on forecast_chance_of_snow_Freezing. Same issue, same fix.

I don't know what impact these minor issues will have, but they will probably throw up exception flags for twisted mexicans better exceptions scripts as needing to be updated.

Thank you so much for this, I thought I fixed these mistakes, but will look and fix if needed.
As for the rain, it's kind of how real life works unfortunately, most humid climates get at least 150 days of rain, which means almost half the days have to be rainy for places like Britechester.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#223 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisi345
Found a bug that still hasn't been fixed since the update with fear. The update changed several emotions from Tense to Frightened.
Lightning strikes somewhere gives nearby Sims a Moodlet, but that Moodlet is empty and the Emotion is wrong.
And this is the cause of a broken script from this mod, 100%

Oh I see, will see what I can do. Thanks for the bug report.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:05 PM
no12,
Thank you for this awesome mod. Original sims 4's weather are a bit unrealistic to me.
With Cottage Living released, we now have the actual Henford-On-Bagley. Will you change Britechester weather to somewhere else or keep it as current?
Test Subject
#225 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 10:09 AM
Default LittleMsSam has this app...
Showing current conditions for another world is impossible as far as i know as the weather in another world only fully loads in when you've travelled there. I guess the other option is showing forecasts, which means that somehow the game would show another world's calendar, and i don't know if that's possible or not.

Yes and no. LittleMsSam https://lms-mods.com did make a mod that does this (It is not compatible with any weather mod) I think it is her "Sul Sul Weather App" and how she did it is the mod "predicts" the weather then forces the weather when you travel so it's not really "predicting" it, only making it happen before hand. She gives a great explanation on her site and I don't use it because I use this one so I have never used it, just know she has it. Hope this helps.

BTW Love the mod tyvm for keeping it updated it is much appreciated.
Page 9 of 14